I said "cream" not "green"!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3464 posts
  • LocationBoooooooo

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:34 PM

I vote nay

Bigot ;)

Keep an eye out for those who are pro **** marriage abusing those who are intolerant of others yet they aren't tolerant of those who are against it.

Much ironic.
  • Weetbix likes this

#3 Gilbert Grape

Gilbert Grape

Hacked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4422 posts
  • LocationSunny Gold Coast, circa 1988

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:34 PM

I vote nay

Why?
  • Ji Bao He likes this

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

#4 Ji Bao He

Ji Bao He

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16555 posts
  • Location#KW #CHAMPION

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:03 PM

It's not about me it's about what others think on here
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#5 Gilbert Grape

Gilbert Grape

Hacked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4422 posts
  • LocationSunny Gold Coast, circa 1988

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:19 PM

It's not about me it's about what others think on here

Looks like you want to have a discussion about it how bout we start with your reasoning?

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

#6 Cats are Farked

Cats are Farked

Only karnts own cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18628 posts
  • LocationKilling Cats

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:53 PM

I don't wanna see any PDA.

#7 The Gap Wedge Draw

The Gap Wedge Draw

I am a recovering shankaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16528 posts
  • LocationIn the left rough on 7th 105m from pin

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:53 PM

How does it affect anyone else if 2 people of any gender enter into a legal contract that happens to be called a marriage.

They can form a business partnership, get a joint mortgage, a joint bank account, name each other as reversionary beneficiaries etc etc.

The god squad and old bigots amaze me.  Do they think that if two people of some non-tradiitional combination are suddenly going to procreate a monster ?

For the so called Christians they say thou shalt not commit murder.  However, they encourage members of the military to be in their congregation.  Same same with people who commit traditional adultery, say a hail mary or two and all is fine.  So why pick on LGBTI people.

Of course it will lead to Polygamy !  Actually, what is wrong with Polygamy if it is ever seriously suggested ?  Muslims don't have a problem with it and given the chance the Mormons would jump at it.

Then the gold squad's biggie.  Next someone will want to marry their favourite sheep.  Guess what ? The constitution doesn't recognize the rights of anyone other than people.  It can't happen.

Plenty of god squad members on here.  Please tell us how it will affect you if Inky and Koiom get married ?

• YouGottaHitIt, Bladerunner and hazbeen like this
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#8 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27179 posts
  • LocationHere in paradise

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:59 PM

How does it affect anyone else if 2 people of any gender enter into a legal contract that happens to be called a marriage.

They can form a business partnership, get a joint mortgage, a joint bank account, name each other as reversionary beneficiaries etc etc.

The god squad and old bigots amaze me.  Do they think that if two people of some non-tradiitional combination are suddenly going to procreate a monster ?

For the so called Christians they say thou shalt not commit murder.  However, they encourage members of the military to be in their congregation.  Same same with people who commit traditional adultery, say a hail mary or two and all is fine.  So why pick on LGBTI people.

Of course it will lead to Polygamy !  Actually, what is wrong with Polygamy if it is ever seriously suggested ?  Muslims don't have a problem with it and given the chance the Mormons would jump at it.

Then the gold squad's biggie.  Next someone will want to marry their favourite sheep.  Guess what ? The constitution doesn't recognize the rights of anyone other than people.  It can't happen.

Plenty of god squad members on here.  Please tell us how it will affect you if Inky and Koiom get married ?

ISIS Muslims throw them off a roof to their death.
Intended to break 90 this year, not going well.

Concentrating just getting round the course

#9 Ji Bao He

Ji Bao He

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16555 posts
  • Location#KW #CHAMPION

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:19 PM

I don't wanna see any PDA.

Professional development???
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#10 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40410 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:27 PM

I have no problem with a legal marriage between same sex couples. Or polygamy come to that.

However those who believe marriage is between a man and a woman should have the right to their opinion and shouldn't be forced to support something they don't believe in. So as long as the legal safeguards are in place - and people can't be sued because they refuse to provide flowers for a gay wedding - then go for it.

• manu99, TheTrueReview, Ji Bao He and 2 others like this

Handicap

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#11 The Gap Wedge Draw

The Gap Wedge Draw

I am a recovering shankaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16528 posts
  • LocationIn the left rough on 7th 105m from pin

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:38 PM

It's not a matter of supporting it Weet.  It's about vetoing the idea.

That's the issue with the wording of the plebiscite.

Something like "Should the legal marriage of same sex partners be banned ?" maybe.

ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#12 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12117 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:10 AM

I would like to think that I'd we had maybe 80 or so votes on here that would pretty much be enough to cover the broad cross section of punters out there, because let's see, I'm sure we've got the well rounded thoughful religious folk,the well rounded thoughtful atheists, the closed mined religious bigots, the atheist bigots, the highly tertiary educated, those without formal education, "pooftas" and everyone else who has cents or otherwise to chip in.

As one of the ones I've described above, I vote not to ban it and I dare say it may well be the only ever protest March I'd consider making a sign for.
My sign would be fabulous
  • Ji Bao He and Goldy like this
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#13 Mr_C

Mr_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6471 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:33 AM

I just want to know, how does gay marriage affect those that don't believe in it? I mean, if you don't like gay weddings, don't have one. Having gay weddings doesn't change a god dam thing except it makes a proportion of Australians extremely happy. The whole no voters argument is "it's wrong and it's sick" who cares? IT DOESNT AFFECT YOUR LIFE ONE SINGLE FARKING IOTA GET THE FARK OVER IT
  • Goldy, Rusty_Chopper_1984, Bladerunner and 1 other like this

http://www.golflink....k_No=4070706250

Southbound       

#14 Mr_C

Mr_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6471 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:39 AM

We Australians think we're such a progressive country and then this debate happens and shows how backwards and prehistoric we are. Jesus, even new Zealand is years ahead of us
  • Bladerunner, Gilbert Grape and hazbeen like this

http://www.golflink....k_No=4070706250

Southbound       

#15 Harambe

Harambe

I said "cream" not "green"!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3464 posts
  • LocationBoooooooo

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:43 AM

I just want to know, how does *** marriage affect those that don't believe in it? I mean, if you don't like *** weddings, don't have one. Having *** weddings doesn't change a god dam thing except it makes a proportion of Australians extremely happy. The whole no voters argument is "it's wrong and it's sick" who cares? IT DOESNT AFFECT YOUR LIFE ONE SINGLE FARKING IOTA GET THE FARK OVER IT

There are many things that are illegal that don't have any effect on anyone else.
  • Tolmij and Ji Bao He like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users