63 replies to this topic

#61 trustyrusty

trustyrusty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:33 PM

went for a game after the Sun City Tournament, on the Monday....

[I wish I could edit my last post...]

anyhow... the next year they started a Charity Pro AM where you can play the course the next days the pro's played it, but will cost you a bucket.

I think we gave them an idea!

Driver: Taylormade R11s
3 Wood: Callaway Razr Black
3 Hybrid: 19 degree Taylormade R7
Irons: 3-PW Bridgestone J38 Project X 5.5
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 56, 60
Putter: Oddessy BIG T
Ball: Titleist Pro v1
Handicap: 1.9

#62 Henschke

Henschke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

Hi I just got up to 130, I thought I had counted all but found 2 more today in the depths of memory :)
silly - should have kept cards... I think I have 2 more but cannot remember the names right now.
Mix of some good course. 61 in Aus 69 Overseas. Public and private.

The best course I think out of all is Durban Country Club, South Africa. It is has been highly ranked for years, in the top 10 of courses outside USA. That is a great course.

Other course up there would be Sun City in South Africa back in the early 90's. How Nick Price went around that course in -26 for 4 rounds is insane - it is a lesson in how s&*&t you are compared to the pros. I think I was off 2 or 3 at the time. Interested story is that my Dad and I went for a game after the Sun City Tournament, on the Monday. Had booked in and asked about the playing and there was no problem. When we got the course after booking into the room they said sorry sir but the course is closed (Some mis-communication with the staff and proshop). 

Anyhow they let us on and we played course from the back tees and same pins,Wow that was tough. Nearly all par 3's for me then were 3 irons.(I would imagine I have a bit more length with age and new ball and club technology). I was happy to par the last for 79.

cheers

#63 Henschke

Henschke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

I saw the Durban course you speak of from a bus window on a tour. Wanted to stop and play. My latest update is now 235 courses
  • Madambo likes this

#64 Henschke

Henschke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

I played another country course today at Lexton vic. If you are interested you can look up my comments under course review. My point here though is, that there are a few review larricans such as the ones prior to me at Lexton who stuff things up for everyone. It was obvious before I got there that these guys were not for real when they were giving a 9 hole sand scrape course 5 stars. It might be a nice giggle for them, but for those relying on course review ratings, a course like Lexton, with only 3 reviews changes the previous average from 1 to 3.5 It must be a regular thing for these guys, as this is not the first time I have come across there names doing the same thing. Please stop stuffing a great forum up guys!
  • Madambo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users