51 replies to this topic

#1 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 05:49 PM

Yesterday's papers was my first knowledge of ther Eynesbury residential estate west of Melbourne with the planned housing-routed golf course. Does anyone know who the archie is?

#2 raidrboy

raidrboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 11:36 PM

There are 2 new developments West of Melbourne that I am aware of,

1. Forest Resort at Creswick where Tony Cashmore is re-designing the current layout.

2. Lake Federation where two -18 hole layouts are planned. One to be designed by Bob Shearer and the other by Pacific Coast Design.

There may be another but those two are the only one's I have read anything about.

Hope this info is helpful, and I can give you website details if you want them.

#3 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 11:57 PM

Lake Federation where two -18 hole layouts are planned. One to be  designed by Bob Shearer and the other by Pacific Coast Design.

That thing (mercifully) died its deserved death last year some time. The proposed site was an absolutely flat and windy clay wasteland near Burrumbeet. It was probably to be Ballarat Golf Club's new home, but they have since decided to build adjacent to where they are now.

Eynesbury is a former sheep and cattle farming property much closer to Melbourne than Creswick or Ballarat.

#4 Jim

Jim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:06 AM

Titters, I think that is the Graham Marsh one.

#5 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:31 AM

Titters, I think that is the Graham Marsh one.

Woah, thanks Jim, I wasn't aware of any impending Marsh work outside of Bass and the Frog. So he goes from no VIC courses to three in no time.

It is a linear corridor routing through real estate, so it won't have the benefit like his other two new projects in Victoria of dedicated golf course property that isn't lined with housing.

Good to see the sensible plan to make it public access. If times are this tight for courses and they lack enough patrons, no use excluding people.

#6 bruce

bruce

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2737 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 08:57 PM

ttitheridge

Jim

It is a Marsh project 18 holes about to go to tender and construction expected to start in October I think. Villa World are involved with a private family company I believe.

#7 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 08:57 AM

Lake Federation where two -18 hole layouts are planned. One to be  designed by Bob Shearer and the other by Pacific Coast Design.

That thing (mercifully) died its deserved death last year some time. The proposed site was an absolutely flat and windy clay wasteland near Burrumbeet.

Apologies. Despite the club's rejection, the developers have decided to go before council with their proposed Lake Federation after all. Though without a golfing tennant, it is hard to see it go ahead without something big changing. 36 holes of public access / resort looks financially doomed, and a new golf club on top of the battling ones already in the Ballarat area doesn't seem wise either. Apparently, Buninyong is on its knees.

#8 marcel

marcel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1191 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:34 PM

tithers,

sounds a little similiar to twin creeks project in western sydney, marsh design through and around real estate (though blocks are 1 acre minimum).
At this stage not public access although given the Macquarie Links experience I'm guessing it will be a matter of time before accessability becomes less exclusive. This one is to be managed by Troon.

#9 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 05:44 AM

Yeah, Twin Creeks is opening soonish, isn't it? I walked it in February, but didn't gain as much as I'd thought. Is Macquarie Links now not so exclusive? I knew it allowed corporate bookings, but can visitors arrange to play too now?

The routing at Eynesbury looks more tight fitting than Lara Croft's top. Most holes look to channel between somebody's back door and their clothes line.

#10 raidrboy

raidrboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE: ttitheridge @ Aug 15 2004, 07:49 AM

Yesterday's papers was my first knowledge of ther Eynesbury residential estate west of Melbourne with the planned housing-routed golf course. Does anyone know who the archie is?

Excavation works will start tomorrow on the golf course at Eynesbury along with the revamp of the heritage listed homestead which will become the clubhouse and, boutique hotel.

#11 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:22 PM

Website seems down. Anybody know if anything is happening out here?

#12 Rightfoot_sloth

Rightfoot_sloth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:30 AM

Any update on this course ? Its scheduled to open early next year ...

#13 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:36 PM

I hope this link works. From The Australian last month stating they've started the first course. Not sure if the second course is an eventual certainty or just a vague thought and relying on lots of successful factors.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/print...6669150,00.html

#14 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:10 AM

Does anyone know where course construction progress is thus far?

#15 Rightfoot_sloth

Rightfoot_sloth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE: ttitheridge @ Nov 21 2005, 06:10 PM

Does anyone know where course construction progress is thus far?

Tithers - There is a updated web site with a scorecard and Marsh talking about the course layout.
http://www.eynesbury...golfcourses.htm

Thanks,
RFS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users