Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4013 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:12 AM

If stats is what your after GRGS is the king, nothing else comes close

It certainly looks impressive, but I am attracted by the ease of recording for game golf.  We shall see when I put it into action on the weekend.

Golflink

Winner C Grade Long Drive 2013 OOM #2 Heidelberg

Winner B Grade Long Drive 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Winner B Grade NTP 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#17 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39860 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:36 PM

A friend has ARCOSS - I'm looking at that because you don't have to remember to swipe

Handicap

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#18 FairwayBomber

FairwayBomber

Just one more putt...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:06 PM

It certainly looks impressive, but I am attracted by the ease of recording for game golf.  We shall see when I put it into action on the weekend.

it can take a few rounds to get accustomed Dan, especially if you don't play regularly. But once its in your routine, its second nature.

A really nice feature is the ability to compare your game to a lower or higher handicapped golfer and translates the 'shots gained' stats.. Really highlights which part of your game will benefit your scoring.

Good luck with it! Let me know if you hv any questions

No one tells my caddy Kiwi that he is a f#$%^*g pr1ck!!

#19 jrg1166

jrg1166

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1099 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:06 AM

I'm on it as well Deege

#20 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4013 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:14 PM

Well had my first round today using the tech.  Lots of tapping and re-tapping, but amazingly enough when I uploaded it I had only missed a couple.   Was playing par so ended up deleting some holes from the round because I just couldn't figure out what would have happened for the hole.  Hopefully I will get better at not wiping on the fairway so that I can make a reasonable guess of how the hole would have played out.

So far really liking the interface, and having a touch screen computer makes the updating even easier.

My only wrinkle at the moment is that I can't put the tag on my putter cause of the balancing weights I had installed.  For today I wore it on the stepcounter on my wrist which worked okay, but I might have to try and engineer a more permanent solution - maybe taping it to the top of my grip or something - would hate to lose the little tag.

• FairwayBomber likes this

Golflink

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#21 FairwayBomber

FairwayBomber

Just one more putt...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:23 PM

Nice going Dan. fwiw, i glued a spare tag on a metal washer and replaced the marker on those magnetic switchblade type pitch mark repairers. So its always in my pocket

Edited by FairwayBomber, 24 July 2016 - 04:25 PM.

#22 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4013 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:37 PM

Nice going Dan. fwiw, i glued a spare tag on a metal washer and replaced the marker on those magnetic switchblade type pitch mark repairers. So its always in my pocket

So you just use that as an extra or you use it instead of the putter one?

Golflink

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#23 FairwayBomber

FairwayBomber

Just one more putt...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:45 PM

So you just use that as an extra or you use it instead of the putter one?

It really doesn't matter which tag  you use. As long as its reflected in 'My Golf Bag'. I was going through a putter phase for a while, so this method worked best for me.

#24 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4013 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:53 PM

It really doesn't matter which tag  you use. As long as its reflected in 'My Golf Bag'. I was going through a putter phase for a while, so this method worked best for me.

Yes, I figured that out when I set up my bag. I found it okay to have it on my wrist, so maybe I will make a more permanent solution I can use like that. I also have to experiment with where it is more confortable for me to have the unit.

Golflink

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#25 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:17 AM

With the hole wipes from the middle of the fairway I usually put 2 putts on the hole and make up the difference with any club or guess how the hole played out up to double past my cap.

So if the hole is a par 4 and I have 2 shots then I make the difference from stroke wipe to 8 and always have 2 putts (as that is my avg around most courses).

Cap: 17.9 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#26 Stix1771

Stix1771

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

The key to using it effectively is trying to work out how to encompass the "tagging" into a pre-shot routine.

That's the biggest thing I found in the first few rounds, it wasn't second nature to tag and then play the shot and I'd finish the round and download the data with missing shots, but the ease in editing a round makes it a bit easier to ease the frustration,

It gives you a lot of things to track and analyse.....its a bit of a reality check for the distances you hit too.

It's a great tool.

• Notupnotin likes this

#27 Notupnotin

Notupnotin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

The key to using it effectively is trying to work out how to encompass the "tagging" into a pre-shot routine.

That's the biggest thing I found in the first few rounds, it wasn't second nature to tag and then play the shot and I'd finish the round and download the data with missing shots, but the ease in editing a round makes it a bit easier to ease the frustration,

It gives you a lot of things to track and analyse.....its a bit of a reality check for the distances you hit too.

It's a great tool.

Yeah I've only played the two rounds with mine but i'm finding myself tagging before after even running back to tag! I think as you walk into the set up would be the best time to tag.

• Whatahack likes this

-2015 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade & Overall Winner
-2016 Team winner of the Vincent Cup @ Barwon Heads
-2017 ISG Vic OOM#1 Growling Frog "B" Grade Winner & N/P

-2017 GDGA Div 5 pennant winners (Winchelsea)

Single figures reached(9.5) on 28//8/2016
H/C 8.7 on 11/3/17

PB Round 73/9/64 (11/3/17)
http://www.golflink....49&dt=1&skip=1#

https://www.gamegolf.../player/keggolf

#28 Whatahack

Whatahack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationGeelong

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:15 AM

Yeah I've only played the two rounds with mine but i'm finding myself tagging before after even running back to tag! I think as you walk into the set up would be the best time to tag.

Agreed mate.
I added you the other day too btw!

Haven't played many rounds with it as I keep forgetting it at home but going to start getting some rounds up this year ha!
  • Notupnotin likes this

Golf Link

http://www.golflink....k_no=3101414554

Game Golf

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/rizzo

In The Bag

Driver: Pink K15

3 Wood: Cobra Baffler X-Trail

Rescue: Cobra Baffler X-Trail

5,6,7,8,9 iron: Cobra AMP

Pitching Wedge: Cobra AMP

Gap Wedge: Cobra AMP

Sand Wedge: Tour Trusty

Putter: Odyssey Works #1

#29 Notupnotin

Notupnotin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:41 AM

Agreed mate.
I added you the other day too btw!

Haven't played many rounds with it as I keep forgetting it at home but going to start getting some rounds up this year ha!

Yeah saw that think I followed you back. Still waiting on a replacement pw tag for mine. Played Ocean Grove with it last week wow what a fess they've changed the layout and the GG unit doesn't like it at all! holes all over the place makes editing impossible.

-2015 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade & Overall Winner
-2016 Team winner of the Vincent Cup @ Barwon Heads
-2017 ISG Vic OOM#1 Growling Frog "B" Grade Winner & N/P

-2017 GDGA Div 5 pennant winners (Winchelsea)

Single figures reached(9.5) on 28//8/2016
H/C 8.7 on 11/3/17

PB Round 73/9/64 (11/3/17)
http://www.golflink....49&dt=1&skip=1#

https://www.gamegolf.../player/keggolf

#30 steve008

steve008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:59 AM

Yeah saw that think I followed you back. Still waiting on a replacement pw tag for mine. Played Ocean Grove with it last week wow what a fess they've changed the layout and the GG unit doesn't like it at all! holes all over the place makes editing impossible.

Send them an email, they will fix it in no time.

Very good that way!

• Notupnotin and Short Putt Man like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users