#226 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4446 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:31 AM

odd way of looking at it , you wouldn't measure the real length of a cricket match on a batsmans swing. There Is a point hidden though, someone once pointed out that a nice smooth tempo transcended every moment on the course , rarely would you see someone rush around at breakneck speed then hover over the ball with a smooth easy swing ,

I think this is why I prefer walking to carts. I find it hard to rush around from ball to ball in a cart, then get the right headspace over the ball. Easier to walk up to it, contemplating the shot in hand, select club and hit. It's a Tempo thing.
  • WasabiPea_Shooter, iRON MiCK, Schmuck and 1 other like this
I'm just pissed off OK? Don't ask.
READ EM AND WEEP
http://www.golflink....k_No=4072302355

#227 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3204 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:00 AM

odd way of looking at it , you wouldn't measure the real length of a cricket match on a batsmans swing. There Is a point hidden though, someone once pointed out that a nice smooth tempo transcended every moment on the course , rarely would you see someone rush around at breakneck speed then hover over the ball with a smooth easy swing ,

Not really what I meant, although I see your point.

I was thinking more about how having all this idle time gives you lots of time to think in unproductive ways - the hazards you want to avoid, what could go wrong, stewing about how you farked the last shot/home, etc ... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users