#151 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Arnie's Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10640 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

I admire your honest approach to this Mick. Own it and change your life for the better. Take it one day at a time. When you are ready to play golf again happy to share a cart with you. Much love to you and Sheryl.
  • ozdevil and Short Putt Man like this

Billionaire Genius Playboy Philanthropist NAGA

2017 VIC ISG OOM Champion

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

#152 Phil Mycrackin

Phil Mycrackin

Single

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18356 posts
  • LocationReady to mingle

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:28 PM

Good luck Oz.

I was in a similar position to you two months ago. While I wasn't in the pain you where in, my weight ballooned after my hip operation earlier this year.

Refined and processed carbs are no good. White carbs like white bread, white rice and white pasta are also no good.

In saying that carbs are not the enemy. We need good carbs for our energy and brain function. All fruits, vegetables (including potatoes), grains, legumes, brown rice, wholemeal breads and wholemeal pastas etc. are fine.

The main cause of diseases like diabetes and cancers are animal products.

I've been on a plant based diet for two months today and have dropped almost 20kg and my wife has dropped almost 15kg.

Both of our blood work has totally transformed.

Our eyes are clear and white.

Our tongues are looking healthier and healthier.

We have more energy, we only need 6-8 hours of sleep a night. My mood is better, I'm physically stronger, my anxiety is gone and my snoring has improved and I'm hoping that down the track I will no longer need my CPAP Machine.

Do yourself a favour and buy a book called The China Study, it's a life changer.
  • Commish and Schmuck like this

#153 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13546 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

You're never alone Oz.  I too fight the battle of the bulge and it is purely my own laziness and lack of dedication to the regime that gets me.  I have been in winter hiatus and with the warmer weather comes the new edict of doing more to lose more.  Stick with it bud, you will not be sorry.  As for those demons, have a beer and tell em to fark off.  It's your life, not theirs.  Maxx has outlined a pretty good dietry set up as well, I just have to make the concerted effort to cut back on the alcohol as well.   

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER
2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.
Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#154 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 12375 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

Hey Oz. Vent away as much as you like. You are one of our Isg community and we are happy to help if we can.

Keep up the courage each and every day.

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

#155 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4615 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:56 PM

Keep at it Oz. We all slip up. The important thing is you are going in the right direction.
Sugar is poison!
I'm just pissed off OK? Don't ask.
READ EM AND WEEP
http://www.golflink....k_No=4072302355

#156 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I am a recovering shankaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16355 posts
  • Location45 deg right of my last shot

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:24 PM

Oz, it's the Melbourne Cup. You're not going to win this year or next but 2019 is achievable.

Half a kilo per week on average and you'll be well under Bradman's average by the time that Cup is run.

Find a bulk billing psychologist and work out what triggers your bingeing on crap food and ways to deflect the urge. Maybe it's boredom or loneliness on the long drives. Whatever it is they can suggest strategies you can adopt to change things.

Lots of us have the sads Oz, you're not alone mate.

Have an ISG salad sandwich for lunch tomorrow and I'll do the same instead of the toasted bacon and egg sanga I usually have. Side by side Blues Bro.
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#157 Dr.inky

Dr.inky

another beer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33581 posts
  • Locationthe bar

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:32 AM

Great effort in stopping to be a wombling fat bastatd Oz.

Don't rush it....it's a painful journey and a worthy one.

#158 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6657 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:52 AM

i am a couple of months in   from my 1st weigh in on the scales  which was 155kgs.

did my weekly weigh in this i thought i broke the scales becuase what they have read but the new scales read the same and said i cant keep breaking scales  and the weight i have come in at is 142kg

13kgs is a fair amount to lose in that time and i still have a long long way to go but i feel like i am in the stagment mode and staying the same .....

i will be very happy if i can get down to 110kgs 

the journey has really only began and i am feeling alot  better for myself and i know i am doing this for myself 

Mrs OZ  thinks i am driving her nuts as she is getting sick of eating the good things in life

• RobNewy and Short Putt Man like this
I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#159 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40245 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

Great work mate

Handicap

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#160 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4615 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:09 PM

i am a couple of months in from my 1st weigh in on the scales which was 155kgs.

did my weekly weigh in this i thought i broke the scales becuase what they have read but the new scales read the same and said i cant keep breaking scales and the weight i have come in at is 142kg

13kgs is a fair amount to lose in that time and i still have a long long way to go but i feel like i am in the stagment mode and staying the same .....

i will be very happy if i can get down to 110kgs

the journey has really only began and i am feeling alot better for myself and i know i am doing this for myself

Mrs OZ thinks i am driving her nuts as she is getting sick of eating the good things in life

Hmmm. Sometimes you have to piss your loved ones off a bit to achieve your goals. Keep going. She will come around when she sees the new you.
13 kg is massive mate. Well done. Have a look at what 13kg of anything looks like. Pick up a 13 kg bag off something and pat yourself on the back for losing that much fat. And remember that is 13kg you don't have to cart around everywhere you go.
Now lose 10 more 😄👍
READ EM AND WEEP

#161 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6657 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

little bit of progress before i went  to tassie  i managed to get down to 138 but prolly put 5kgs back on due to festivities in tassie......  but i am back and steady on the right track again

i am back playing golf every week now something i have not been able to do since last year...however i can only do a full 18 in a cart.

Last Sunday when i was in Tassie my best mate asked me to his own home club Pittwater golf Club only a 9 holer but offers 18 holes from different tee blocks...  this was the first time i had walked 9 holes, actually it was 11 holes (my mate didnt like the way he started (we wasnt playing comp) and we played the 1st 2 holes twice....  , i managed to walk 9 (mind you all i had to do is walk and borrow between my mates  and his next door neighbours clubs, again we was not playing in a comp and not holding no one up) but struggled  for the last 2 holes but did it.

Today i decided to try my own course walking just to see how i go and the Aim was to do 18holes, and i wasnt expecting to do a quick round but to see if i could handle doing 18 holes walking..

nope  i got to the 7th and the back started to feel shocking but i still played the 9 holes  out. but that is ok  its a bit of a guidance to where i am at  in getting back walking on the golf course ..

doing 40 minutes on a treadmil to actually walking a golf course is 2 different things 

however this a positive to me  4 months ago i would not have been able to walk half a hole comapared  to 9 holes.

anyway the plan is to keep going  no real set goal in mind 

• GhettoGolfer, Madambo, Weetbix and 2 others like this
I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#162 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40245 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:27 PM

It's a journey mate

Keep up the good work
  • OldBogey and ozdevil like this

Handicap

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#163 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 12375 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

little bit of progress before i went to tassie i managed to get down to 138 but prolly put 5kgs back on due to festivities in tassie...... but i am back and steady on the right track again

i am back playing golf every week now something i have not been able to do since last year...however i can only do a full 18 in a cart.

Last Sunday when i was in Tassie my best mate asked me to his own home club Pittwater golf Club only a 9 holer but offers 18 holes from different tee blocks... this was the first time i had walked 9 holes, actually it was 11 holes (my mate didnt like the way he started (we wasnt playing comp) and we played the 1st 2 holes twice.... , i managed to walk 9 (mind you all i had to do is walk and borrow between my mates and his next door neighbours clubs, again we was not playing in a comp and not holding no one up) but struggled for the last 2 holes but did it.

Today i decided to try my own course walking just to see how i go and the Aim was to do 18holes, and i wasnt expecting to do a quick round but to see if i could handle doing 18 holes walking..
nope i got to the 7th and the back started to feel shocking but i still played the 9 holes out. but that is ok its a bit of a guidance to where i am at in getting back walking on the golf course ..

doing 40 minutes on a treadmil to actually walking a golf course is 2 different things

however this a positive to me 4 months ago i would not have been able to walk half a hole comapared to 9 holes.

anyway the plan is to keep going no real set goal in mind

awesome progress Oz. Keep up the positive mindset and do nine again and ride back. Then 10 holes etc.

• ozdevil likes this

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

#164 koiom K Frenzy

koiom K Frenzy

Anyone for a Cuppa?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10397 posts
  • LocationJDM heaven

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:00 AM

Keep at it Oz.

As others have said, it's a long process, but the reward in the long run is a much happier, healthier life.

• Madambo and iRON MiCK like this

http://www.golf.org....icap/3011891841

2012 Curlewis OOM#5 A Grade NTP
2013 Beaconhills Invitational Classic 3rd Place
2013 Stink 3 Club Challenge NAGA
2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade NTP
2014 Bendigo Slog Pairs Winner with Ghetto
2014 Vic ISG Matchplay Runner Up
2015 Vic ISG Matchplay Semi Finalist
2016 Keysborough GC April Medal Winner
2016 ISG Race to 6 Winner
2017 Torquay OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2017 Moonah OOM#4 A Grade Runner Up
2017 Overall A Grade OOM Winner

2017 Overall All Grade OOM Runner Up
Have never been beaten by Mick off the stick

#165 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4615 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:13 PM

We all have hiccups. The important thing is you got back on your horse. Well done. You’ll be walking 18 sooner than you think.
READ EM AND WEEP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users