#1 NatoGC

NatoGC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:54 PM

hi guys,

i booked and paid a round on iseek to play at palmer gold coast tomorrow morning  ( old robina woods for those who hadnt been to gold coast in a whiles ), and almost since i pressed the confirm button it has been bucketing down...

I very rarely pre pay and so if its raining i just don't play golf that day, so i don't know what is fair / reasonable if it is still falling down in the morning, or the course is smashed up from crazy rain.

Can anyone with more golfing experience explain my options. Is it rude to cancel / ask for refund / rebook another time? or is a case of buyer bad luck?

I would be fine to play in the rain, no qualms about getting saturated. but would rather not play in a sloshed up course.

thanks

#2 NatoGC

NatoGC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:59 PM

sorry guys, this thread was posted three times for some reason. not intentional and ive reported it to a mod.

thanks

#3 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22385 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:09 PM

Phone the pro shop and ask them what options are available.

#4 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4600 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:53 PM

Shouldn't be more than light sowers and prob not even that. See what it's like tomorrow. My guess is it will be dry.
I'm just pissed off OK? Don't ask.
READ EM AND WEEP
http://www.golflink....k_No=4072302355

#5 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6637 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:22 AM

Nato here is the terms and conditions

Palmer Leisure Australia PTY LTD 

ONLINE BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS – CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS 
PALMER LEISURE
AUSTRALIA PTY LTD DOES NOT REFUND ONLINE PAYMENTS  UNLESS THE COURSE IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED BY MANAGEMENT.

CONFIRMATION 

Successful online bookings will receive an automatic confirmation via email. 

No further confirmation is required.  

 The internet booking system is directly linked to the reservation software, and the customer will only be contacted if a Palmer Leisure Australia Pty Ltd staff member has a query regarding your booking. If a confirmation email is not received, the customer must check that the email entered is correct. For queries, questions or problems with the Palmer Leisure Australia Pty Ltd booking system telephone (07) 5553 7520 at Palmer Gold Coast or (07) 5553 7008 at Palmer Colonial Golf Course. 

 The customer is required as proof of booking to provide the reference number or the credit card used to secure the booking at the time of registration to the golf shop staff. 

 Palmer Leisure Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to alter tee times without notice due to circumstances outside of Palmer Leisure Australia Pty Ltd control. (E.g. lightening, slow play, course renovations).     

TEE TIME MODIFICATIONS 

 Bookings cannot be modified online. Modifications to tee times can be made by calling the golf shop on (07) 5553 7520 at Palmer Gold Coast or (07) 5553 7008 at Palmer Colonial Golf Course or sending a detailed email to proshoppgc@palmergolf.com.au together with a copy of the original confirmation email. No guarantee can be given on the requested date/time.

 Should the customer wish to modify or change their booking to an alternative time or date, contact must be made with Palmer Leisure Australia Pty Ltd 48hrs before the reserved tee time, the customer must speak to the golf shop staff on (07) 5553 7520 at Palmer Gold Coast or (07) 5553 7008 at Palmer Colonial Golf Course or email proshoppgc@palmergolf.com.auThe golf shop or Manager on duty will confirm availability of the new tee time date and time and when modifications cannot be processed immediately, a credit note will be issued.

 Should the customer not be able to confirm a rescheduled tee time, a ‘credit note’ will be provided. To redeem the ‘credit’ the customer is required to reschedule the tee times within one month of the original booking date. Credit notes are issued for TEE TIMES ONLY and should the customer wish to reserve a tee time of lesser value, the difference is forfeited. Alternatively if the tee time booked is a higher rate, then the customer must pay the difference. 

 If the customer fails to reschedule this tee time within one month the credit will be considered forfeited and no refund will be given.

 Palmer Leisure Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to refuse a credit note should the customer not provide 48 hours’ notice to a staff member of Palmer Leisure Australia Pty Ltd.

Should a player of a prepaid group tee time become unable to play, the golf shop must be advised within 48 hours. Should 48 hours not be provided, Palmer Leisure Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to refuse a credit note for this non-played tee time. 

 You must check in at the golf shop a minimum of 20 minutes before your tee time is due to start. Should you not arrive and register with the golf shop you may risk the cancellation of your tee time, in this event a credit note will be given.

 Balance of a credit note must be used in full before the credit note expiry date. Partial credits will not be re-issued.

 Refunds will only be paid towards the credit card used to secure the booking. In the event of a refund the credit card details must be supplied with the corresponding security pin number.

 After the confirmation of credit card details, refunds will be issued within 7 working days.

Palmer Leisure Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to remove customers from the course if the rules of Palmer Leisure Australia Pty Ltd have not been adhered to. Please refer to the course rules located in the golf shop upon arrival. No refunds will be given in the event that the customer is removed from the course.

In the event that bookings are made in multiples and a player does not show, no refund will be given for the “no show” player. In the event that a player is unavailable to play for a pre-booked tee time reservation, 48 hours’ notice must be given to an authorised representative of Palmer Leisure Australia Pty Ltd and a credit note for the tee time will be issued. The credit note will be issued and must be used within one month from the date of the original booking.

I hope this has helped  also  ring the pro shop  and discuss with them your options

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#6 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4600 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:28 AM

There you go. Not a cloud in the sky.
  • Madambo likes this
I'm just pissed off OK? Don't ask.
READ EM AND WEEP
http://www.golflink....k_No=4072302355

#7 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11902 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:35 AM

hi guys,

i booked and paid a round on iseek to play at palmer gold coast tomorrow morning  ( old robina woods for those who hadnt been to gold coast in a whiles ), and almost since i pressed the confirm button it has been bucketing down...

I very rarely pre pay and so if its raining i just don't play golf that day, so i don't know what is fair / reasonable if it is still falling down in the morning, or the course is smashed up from crazy rain.

Can anyone with more golfing experience explain my options. Is it rude to cancel / ask for refund / rebook another time? or is a case of buyer bad luck?

I would be fine to play in the rain, no qualms about getting saturated. but would rather not play in a sloshed up course.

thanks

Thanks for your comment Nato. iseekgolf.com allows golf courses to promote specific tee times through our website and they control rate and access at all time. ISG does coordinate the booking when made and receives the money which is then paid onto the course. 

As Oz Devil points out (thank you) each course has there own policy on how they will handle the booking if there is to be a rain out or cancellation. Anything within 48 hours of the booking is dealt with by the club, anything more than 48 then ISG handles the refund.

Hopefully you made it out today as the weather looks to be good plus Robina usually drains pretty well  hope you enjoyed your round if you did go out.

#8 NatoGC

NatoGC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:53 AM

thanks everyone.

woke up and its looking good. i figure a nice course like Robina will have decent drainage, so i expect a nice day out.

will report back in case anyone is interested, but im looking forward to it

• BumpunRun, Madambo and ozdevil like this

#9 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22385 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:39 AM

I liked this one:

 Palmer Leisure Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to alter tee times without notice due to circumstances outside of Palmer Leisure Australia Pty Ltd control. (E.g. lightening, slow play, course renovations).     

So, if you lose weight, they might change your tee time?  Did they do that specifically for Clive?

• Li Ning and Snappy McSnapperton like this

#10 Nick_Thepom

Nick_Thepom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:09 AM

will report back in case anyone is interested, but im looking forward to it

No report back - maybe he drowned! :lol:

#11 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27107 posts
  • LocationHere in paradise

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:16 PM

No report back - maybe he drowned! :lol:

Or offered a place in the party as recompense.
Intended to break 90 this year, not going well.

Concentrating just getting round the course

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users