35 replies to this topic

#16 Wayne_O

Wayne_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:30 AM

Skytrak also soon to be available with The Golf Club sim software   (same as PC version ) - it's in beta atm

Unit isnt officially available is Australia yet , but there is a guy that sells them out of the US on Ebay - think he's like an "unofficial" distributor.

#17 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4591 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:40 AM

I'm thinking they are making continual changes to this item. May be best to wait for the upgraded version. My guess is they will update it this year sometime.
I'm just pissed off OK? Don't ask.
READ EM AND WEEP
http://www.golflink....k_No=4072302355

#18 FairwayBomber

FairwayBomber

Just one more putt...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:30 PM

Ebay with international shipping or a forwarding service is probably best. My mate got his unit from a japanese based company and worked out cheaper, but the software is slightly different.

For his own setup, he got a nice mat (don't skimp on this) and a big net. There's a few other things to note, i.e. its noise hitting a driver at 11pm at night, so yeah. If you connect the LM to an ipad/iphone, you could in turn, hook that up to a cheap large monitor too. A screen projector behind the net etc would be great, but needs a lot more room and makes it more expensive. A large lcd can be had pretty cheap these days, so might be a better option for most.

No one tells my caddy Kiwi that he is a f#$%^*g pr1ck!!

#19 Stix1771

Stix1771

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:39 PM

Ebay with international shipping or a forwarding service is probably best. My mate got his unit from a japanese based company and worked out cheaper, but the software is slightly different.

For his own setup, he got a nice mat (don't skimp on this) and a big net. There's a few other things to note, i.e. its noise hitting a driver at 11pm at night, so yeah. If you connect the LM to an ipad/iphone, you could in turn, hook that up to a cheap large monitor too. A screen projector behind the net etc would be great, but needs a lot more room and makes it more expensive. A large lcd can be had pretty cheap these days, so might be a better option for most.

Thanks FairwayBomber, they weren't on ebay when i initially looked, only available from their site, without internaltional delivery........YES! Here we go!!!

#20 Stix1771

Stix1771

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:43 PM

Um....$435 postage....igg !!

Makes it $2900 AU (not a buy now price, need to bid).....but, still in a good ball park though...

#21 FairwayBomber

FairwayBomber

Just one more putt...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:22 AM

Um....$435 postage....igg !!

Makes it $2900 AU (not a buy now price, need to bid).....but, still in a good ball park though...

That's a crazy shipping price although the unit has a be of heft.. Would you consider a forward shipping company to buy it on your behalf then shipping it to you in oz? 

#22 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35655 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:34 AM

That's a crazy shipping price although the unit has a be of heft.. Would you consider a forward shipping company to buy it on your behalf then shipping it to you in oz? 

Could they combine it with something else that you may have bought for your wife? Like...I dunno...hand warmers?

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#23 FairwayBomber

FairwayBomber

Just one more putt...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:39 AM

Could they combine it with something else that you may have bought for your wife? Like...I dunno...hand warmers?

ppc-sins-envy-emperor-palpatine-meme.jpg

• Goldy likes this

#24 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35655 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:41 AM

Can I borrow them ;)

• FairwayBomber likes this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#25 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22269 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:01 PM

Can I borrow them ;)

The hand warmers?

#26 arabella

arabella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:41 PM

Coupon code WGT200 for US$200 off.

• FairwayBomber likes this

WITB:

Callaway XR Driver

Callaway XR 3W, 5W, 3H

Callaway XR 3I-9I, PW, AW, SW

Callaway Mack Daddy PM-Grind 58 degree

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 2012 Putter with Matador OS grip

Yes, I know I have 16 clubs in my bag!

Handicap: 18.3

Miscellaneous:

Callaway Laser 300 Rangefinder

Game Golf (on iPhone - no tags)

#27 Smilesy

Smilesy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:41 PM

Has anyone bought one of these. The shipping through the Skytrak site to Australia is insane ($170). Is there an Australian rep?

#28 Stix1771

Stix1771

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

I ended up getting one from ebay....

As it's not set for sale in Australia (but is in NZ - go figure!!) it took a little while to get the unit registered and up and running, but finally did, but one of the bug bears I found consistently  mentioned in some reviews was the connection between unit and ipad, but a recent update has made connection so much easier and faster!!

So moving on from the initial frustrations, I set up the unit in the back yard and worked through my bag and recorded average carry and total distances for each club which was one of the main benefits of getting the unit.

Then i went to my clubs range to hit off turf, I used a rangefinder to a number of targets and hit to those targets, with the unit there to check the distances, shot shape and flight.................pretty spot on for distance and shot tracking, which is pretty accurate and great to know.  It's not Trackman, but I understand it is very favorable in terms of tolerances.

There are a heap of other benefits and programs other than the Practice mode (above) that I haven't go to yet i.e. Challenge mode, Improvement mode or you can Play WGT simulation (St Andrews, Chambers Bay, Merion Royal St Georges etc), but I'm hoping to over the next few weeks...

The practice mode gives carry and total distance, side spin, ball speed, club speed, back spin and launch angle numbers...........so its a great tool for me work on my swing and implement the things I've been working on from the recent lessons I've been having....

I've showed the unit and the session numbers to my coach and he's pretty impressed with them, he said we'll do a skytack v trackman session next time, I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyway, at this point in time it's been a good investment with plenty of bells and whistles to explore...

• Weetbix and FairwayBomber like this

#29 Smilesy

Smilesy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:03 PM

Thanks for the review Stix. Once daylight savings finishes I'll seriously be looking to buy one for practice after work in my shed.

#30 Belterbelieveit

Belterbelieveit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

I was afraid of getting one as I felt I would have no support because it's from eBay, I ended up getting an older flightscope model second hand (still no support but half the price) Was cheap enough that when they start selling these in oz I might just upgrade! Good screen and projector cost $3500 all up but doubles as a big cinema screen! Well worth the investment! $5000 for full set up is near impossible with the skytrak. Impact screens are much better than nets as they are dual purpose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users