• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rayjay86

rayjay86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:14 PM

So as promised I said I would review my new Axglo Trilite 3-wheel buggy. Picked this up from GCO for $169 ($10 coupon for first purchase). All black, although I would have preferred the red wheels but they didn't have stock. 

Attached File  IMG_4175.jpg   216.66KB   1 downloads

First Impressions

Pretty stable looking buggy. Very easy to open, it has a foot pedal on the front wheel which makes it quite simple to open up. There are two clips that lock the buggy in its open position. The second is on the main console which allows you to adjust the height of the handle. It feels a little bit wobbly when you first use it but you actually appreciate this flex while its on the course when its bumpy, it almost absorbs the bumps; I'm not sure if this was intended but its a nice feeling. There is a small hook on the main chassis, not sure what it was intended for but it held my bucket of sand pretty well.

Attached File  IMG_4180.jpg   230.64KB   0 downloads

Stability

Some comments about the Clicgear being a more stable unit. That is possible, but it was also over $100 more than this buggy. I found the buggy was pretty stable and I had quite a "hilly" course to play on. The wheels could be bigger, it may have pushed through the rough a little nicer but this wasn't an issue. Clasps that held my stand bag on were secure, it didn't rotate while it was on the buggy at any point and like I said I was on hills a fair bit with the cart sideways, etc.

The brake system is a simple hand lever that pushes a pin into the back right wheel and locks it. My only criticism would be that it would be better if it did this for both wheels; because the wheels are airless foam/rubber tires with no real tread they dont grip the ground much, so on a steeper slope with the brake on, the cart slides to the left and pivots on the right wheel. This only happened once or twice. The fix was to put the buggy at an angle and brake on. 

Attached File  IMG_4177.jpg   133.01KB   1 downloadsAttached File  IMG_4176.jpg   139.54KB   1 downloadsAttached File  IMG_4178.jpg   119.58KB   1 downloads

Console and Features

The console is quite nice. Its fairly large as you can see from the picture. I had my phone and car keys in there too without issue. I do wish it had a ball holder or some kind of compartment within it because my keys, phone and extra golf balls kept rattling around, especially when moving through higher grass on fairways. I may try and mod this later. There is ample space still for snacks or other little things. There is a water bottle holder on the left side of the console handle. It held my 800ml Klean Kanteen bottle easily and could probably take a slightly wider bottle if needed. It felt nice and secure and it on a swinging holder so it stays upright even when the cart is angled. Complaint here would be that when the cart is folded compact for storage the bottle holder can come off. It fits comfortably in the console compartment but I can see this getting lost if you're not careful. Unlike other buggies there doesnt seem to be a place to put it (or the optional umbrella holder - don't have one) when not being used. The bottom of the console (which becomes the back when opened up fully) has two mesh pockets of different sizes. I presume there is where you'd keep golf balls and they suggest putting the score card there. I found that a bit awkward to be honest. 

The front of the console is simple, holds a pencil and four tees. There is on larger tee holder, not sure what that one is for...Unlike other buggies this does not have a bungy to stick your score card to which I missed during the round. Because of the mesh, the card gets caught when you're putting it back in. Again, may try and mod this later, would be as simple as drilling two holes and sliding a bungy cord through. 

Attached File  IMG_4182.jpg   156.89KB   3 downloads

Portability

Very compact when folded down and was a breeze to do that. Undo two locking clips and push, thats all it took. Then just lock those clips back again and its good to go. One complaint is that it does have a bit of give when its folded and you lift it by the handle, almost so much that you think it'll open again. I think a firmer lock when folded or a separate way to keep it folded tight would be a better option, but thats more nit picking than anything, it was still great. I drive a 5-door Ford Fiesta hatchback and as you can see, I had no issues fitting it in the card. Thing would be a bit tighter if I had a friend and we both had cards, they'd still fit, we'd just have to play a bit of tetris to make it all work!

Overall

Very happy with this purchase. It was super cheap and great value. It could probably do with some of the fancier features the more expensive carts have, like a cord to hold your score card in plain sight, a dedicated holder for the water bottle holder and umbrella when folded and a better hand brake. However for the price of $169 ($179 on GCO) I cannot complain at all. 

• Weetbix, Short Putt Man and hack2489 like this

#2 hack2489

hack2489

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

How's it holding up? GCO have black only on special ATM for $148. I'm thinking about one and curious as to how yours has held up?

#3 rayjay86

rayjay86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:30 AM

Pretty happy with it. A friend bought the more expensive ones but I couldn't really justify the extra cost when I used both.
I liked the net that clicgear has because I found this ones pocket could be a bit cramped but I plan on modifying it a little with some liners
Other than that pretty happy with it. The brake works pretty well on steep slopes, even with a full bag worth of weight
  • hack2489 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: review, buggy, axglo, trilite, push cart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users