• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 rayjay86

rayjay86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:27 AM

I'm looking for a push cart. Finally decided to actually get some exercise out of the game and start walking.
Probably helps that I've been practicing a lot and can actually make a fairway most times, preventing me from losing time hunting for a ball and needing the cart to make it faster...

I've looked at the Clicgear 3.5+ but it's about $300 in Australia. The axglo came up as a pretty solid alternative for the features I was looking for (storage, lightweight, etc).

It's $179 for the 3-wheel and $199 for the 4-wheel in Oz.

Any advice? 3- over 4-wheel? Will not having a swivel wheel make it that much harder to push on fairways? I've only ever used the buggy you rent at courses and hose are two wheel and not the easiest to maneuver, especially in wet grass.

#2 snorkelguru

snorkelguru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:10 AM

I have the 4 wheel Axglo flip and go. Pretty stable and folds up quite nicely. No issues pushing it up fairways or through the rough generally (My home course has kikuyu grass which can be a bit of hard work, but my mate who has a clicgear complains on that course as well).

The build quality of the pouch cover on the top is not as good as clicgear. I had to have mine replaced as mine broke. But was promptly given a replacement and no issues since.

I got it for about $100 cheaper from GCO as there was a sale going on at that time. For the price, can't really fault it. If you arent in a rush, keep an eye out for sales or check if anyone has one that they want to sell.

Edited by snorkelguru, 05 February 2016 - 11:12 AM.

http://www.golflink....k_No=3012108571

2015 OOM2 Settlers Run B Grade Long Drive Winner

2015 ISG 2Bbb NAGA (with littleman)

2016 OOM2 Gardiners Run A Grade Long Drive Winner

2016 OOM2 Gardiners Run A Grade NTP 

#3 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4390 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:16 AM

Yeah I think I got my Flip and Go for about $130-$140 from GCO and couldn't justify double the price on a Clicgear.

If you are looking at the Clicgear then you should also look at the Smoothy's, they are a good buggy as well. 

#4 Chunky McChunkerson

Chunky McChunkerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2611 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:51 AM

...If you are looking at the Clicgear then you should also look at the Smoothy's, they are a good buggy as well.

The other one is the Rovic RV1C by Clicgear. I have it and is fantastic. Top handle storage could be better but I am ok with it as I have made it work with what I do and love it. Best move I ever made and is middle of the road Clicgear model and not as high end as the 3.5 or 8.
  • Itchy4Scratch likes this

Cap: 16.2 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | X Series Jaw Slate 54* C Grind | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 60* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Project X LX 6.0 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on True Temper XP105 Stiff Shafts | X Series Jaw Slate 58* C Grind | Mack Daddy 2 56* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013)

Spares: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tours on Project X 5.5 3 - PW | X Series Jaw Slate 58* C Grind | X Series Jaw Slate 50* C Grind | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#5 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2767 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:00 PM

The other one is the Rovic RV1C by Clicgear. I have it and is fantastic. Top handle storage could be better but I am ok with it as I have made it work with what I do and love it. Best move I ever made and is middle of the road Clicgear model and not as high end as the 3.5 or 8.

+1 for the Rovic. Excellent buggy and I've had Clicgear 3.0 as well but prefer the Rovic.

Each to his own. The Flip n Go is great too. Bro-in-Law has one and loves it.

#6 Jaybam

Jaybam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1887 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:17 PM

Listen to what ever bazinoz says. His buggy clocks up more klms in a round than most normal people in a month. And it usually has a lot of time off the fairways.
  • Mr_C, Gilbert Grape and bazinoz like this

#7 Jaybam

Jaybam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1887 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:17 PM

Listen to what ever bazinoz says. His buggy clocks up more klms in a round than most normal people in a month. And it usually has a lot of time off the fairways.

#8 huynhie

huynhie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:33 PM

I'm looking for a push cart. Finally decided to actually get some exercise out of the game and start walking.
Probably helps that I've been practicing a lot and can actually make a fairway most times, preventing me from losing time hunting for a ball and needing the cart to make it faster...

I've looked at the Clicgear 3.5+ but it's about $300 in Australia. The axglo came up as a pretty solid alternative for the features I was looking for (storage, lightweight, etc).

It's $179 for the 3-wheel and $199 for the 4-wheel in Oz.

Any advice? 3- over 4-wheel? Will not having a swivel wheel make it that much harder to push on fairways? I've only ever used the buggy you rent at courses and hose are two wheel and not the easiest to maneuver, especially in wet grass.

I've got a slightly worn clicgear 3.5+ for sale if you're interested at a similar price

#9 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2767 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:44 PM

Damn straight. Like to get my money's worth out of a game Jay :)

Besides, when you're up the fairway i prefer to get out the way of the bl**dy incessant pommy-bashing :rolleyes:

Bit of peace & quiet...

#10 Jaybam

Jaybam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1887 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:11 PM

Damn straight. Like to get my money's worth out of a game Jay :)

Besides, when you're up the fairway i prefer to get out the way of the bl**dy incessant pommy-bashing :rolleyes:

Bit of peace & quiet...

As if anyone that has seen you play would believe that bullshit.

#11 rayjay86

rayjay86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:57 AM

Thanks for the tips guys.

Have any of you come across the caddytek ez? It looks really nice and is about $200 on so,e sites including eBay. Still $100 cheaper than a clicgear for a casual golfer like me

#12 Boaz

Boaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationSomerville. Vic

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:00 PM

I have the Flip n Go as well..Good buggy it is !!

#13 rayjay86

rayjay86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:09 PM

Went with the 3-wheel trilite. Planning on taking it for a spin next week along with the new 60° Cleveland rtx I just picked up :D.

Will post pics and a review of the buggy next week. I found detailed photos of it lacking.

For the time being I find it pretty nice. It could be a bit more solid but we'll see what she's like on the fairways (or rough) next week.

Thanks for the tips!

#14 hack2489

hack2489

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

What's the longer term use verdict on these buggies? On special ATM at GCO, curious if they are worth considering.

#15 Rodent

Rodent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

I've had mine for years. Probably clocked up 150 rounds. Great buggy. I've had to do a few running repairs (brake cable replaced) but it's been more durable than I thought it would be. It is so light and I use a lightweight cart bag as well. Easily the best buggy I've had and cheap is a bonus!

• hack2489 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users