• Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

Congratulations Tarlart. :D
  • Talart likes this

Whatever you do, you do to yourself

http://dorsetgolfclub.com.au/

#108 Talart

Talart

Hit the ball, Find the ball, Hit the ball...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3778 posts
  • LocationThe Nail shop next to Golgotha

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:01 PM

Dear readers  it may be possible that I am beginning to play more golf again. Or in simple terms getting back to playing as much as I did previously. The recovery of the physical limitations is part of this, so is the change in work with the transition to the new business virtually completed.

After Sundays round without a cart, on Monday fronted up for nine holes. Completing the round with the former European lady professional who assisted in taking my game to the next level. It was a very casual and relaxed round with only two coaching moments. The first was the reminder to set up to play shots aimed in the targets direction. The second was to keep my hands ahead of the club head when striking the ball.

The first pointer is an obvious one. Lets face it besides the joking, if a golfer is not aiming to hit the target you are not likely to. Second pointer is what removed the pull to the left in my shots and I have two ball flights that are consistent. Straight, which is a good thing if aimed at the target. Second is a slight fade, which I do not play to use. It is a technical fault that comes into my game with lack of practise and can manifest as a slice as well.

Apart from these two aspects, I had maintained all of the coaching improvements passed on in late 2016. Golf is fun and the simplicity of my game now is a major happiness factor. Tomorrow is another day for 18 holes and a test of the physical recovery again. Then off to Melbourne for a week, part business, part relaxation and holiday, yes the golf sticks will be in the boot. May even get a round in or a session at a driving range. Depending on the associated excess which is part of the break. Thankyou for your time and attention. 

• iRON MiCK likes this
Hit the ball, find the ball, hit the ball...

#109 Talart

Talart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3778 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:51 PM

Out on the track again Sunday for a club competition 18 holes, following 9 holes in the Friday Chicken Run. Not a success on Sunday and Friday 18 points with one wipe in the Stableford competition.

The Sunday had three holes wiped and a total of 29 points. Two lost balls on the third and fifth holes did the damage to begin. The first in a lateral water hazard and the next up a tree is the only conclusion after looking for the 5 minutes. Frustrating, after the Friday, with the tee shots on target and clear fairway shots off the tee is a great start to a hole. The mistakes grew with four excellent tee shots in the prime fairway position being followed with poor second shots missing the green. Two falling 35 metres short of the green. There were positives of course. six putts just missed and there in itself is 6 points that would have made up for the 3 wiped holes.

There is little room for error playing off low handicaps, mine has blown out 2+ strokes to 11.4 at the minute following the last six months of poor golfing. The past two weeks have seen the start of improving my physical condition. Great to be active and able to work in the gym and on the course for my golf game again. It was especially noticeable in the Sunday round that my fitness is returning. Given that three weeks ago I played 18 holes in a cart, now I can easily walk the course again. 

This form and fitness loss is not unusual for me. For the coming season though I have a plan in place and so far it has worked, won the Club Championship is a good proof so far. That came from specifically pacing my golfing requirements with the ability available. Now I am working on a combination of fitness and form development. The first goal is to qualify and defend the Club Handicap championship won in 2016.

After that another fitness and golfing review will be considered. For the past two seasons my physical condition has been progressively worse after the September Handicap Championship final. Which the management plan for 2017 is specifically in place for. Last year I played off in the Robe Village Classic invitational for 3 handicap or less. There are two wild card entries available, earnt by winning the preceding year Robe Open (which I did in 2015) or the Robe GC Championship which is how my entry this November has occurred. At my very best in the past, a top ten finish is possible. Having the experience in 2016 I am confident that I can improve from last place. Thankyou for your time and attention. 

#110 Talart

Talart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3778 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:43 PM

As June comes to a close I have began to regain some golf form. The fact at the minute is a blow out from 8.6 in August 2016 to 13.2 after yesterdays club competition round. Yet there is no frustration at all, really enjoyed the round yesterday and apart from missing four putts there was nothing that irritated me.

Missing the putts was not the issue it was the result. The front nine, was a good golfing session playing the game that wins. Then I made an error over three holes which added four strokes to my score. My mental approach moved from attack and get the ball in the hole. Changed the mental mindset to an easy relaxed focus of getting to the green then putting out for par and protect the good front nine.

The good front nine only came from going 100% at getting the ball to the green and into the hole. This has happened before to me and I am certain some of you as well dear readers. The advantage of having worked at and achieved my golf goals in getting the results is I can use the successful experience to return to best form.

What could have happened and what did happen are different. One is a fact the other is imagination and fantasy that is only possible after the score is posted. Lets be super simple I played to 15hcp on the day minus the four putts equals playing to 11 handicap and two strokes below the current handicap. Continuing the mental fantasy of the day, I tally up the miss-hits two poor chips and two poor approach shots to the green, which all potentially added another stroke to the score. 

Once a golfer gets their handicap to single figures the game becomes simple. The room for error is very small over 18 holes. In fact at my best handicap level it was 8 errors per round. Yesterday I made 15 poor strokes of which up to 8 were preventable, if I had concentrated better.

Why did I not concentrate? I have identified what is the root of the lapse, the hunger, the desire to win every time has not been in my game. For example alI wanted to do yesterday was complete the round and qualify for the handicap match-play. Winning on the day would have been nice, breaking my handicap would have been nice. Wanting to rip the course apart, out play every other golfer in the competition was not there. Instead I lost a count back for fourth place Nett 72 winner had nett 69, won the putting competition with 27 and realise it was a mediocre round. 

Tuning up my game is about more than the capability to hit the ball well. having the desire and hunger to win is vital. This weeks goal is to ignite that and front up for the stroke round on Sunday and win the monthly medal. Thankyou for your time and attention

• Madambo and iRON MiCK like this

#111 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32537 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:34 PM

13.2 now? Might need to put you in the race to 13 instead of the race to 6?

• Talart likes this

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

#112 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11619 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:34 AM

13.2 now? Might need to put you in thr race to 13 instead of the race to 6?

hey no personal attacks!;)
  • Francie and Talart like this

#113 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18835 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:26 AM

If that was an attack, it was the weakest one in history ...... ;)

• Madambo and Talart like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2016.

#114 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32537 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

If that was an attack, it was the weakest one in history ...... ;)

Probably why the post is still here.   ;)

• Talart likes this

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

#115 Talart

Talart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3778 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

Hhahah such a delight to come back in and see the solid defence to my handicap blow out, I am such a delicate little butterfly too. It does raise eyebrows at the club and even I was in a state of bemusement over it for a while. 

Reality was the body finally broke down after the ceaseless press to improve since 2009. I will write about that in the future it is a very satisfying realization  of capability and ability. 

Given that I am the reigning club champion in 2017 defeating a 5 handicap golfer over the 36 holes getting 6 up in the first 18 and maintaining that to the 27th hole. It was a staying game and I made it.

At the minute I am finally getting out to golf again. less practicing  to be honest. Taking it a little carefully as well put a month into gym exercise has helped build up the condition to play at my best. 

Today I had an easy 18 holes in the club comp. 33 point with one wipe and three puts which literally were a roll away from dropping in the cup. There is a slight backlash from the championship victory which is a benefit in being acknowledged. I play golf  within myself at the minute, firstly to keep in good health and secondly I am not as hungry to win small events. 

Last week I claimed second place at the Lucindale Case International Open in b grade. It was a strong field and I felt I had played poorly, which I did for a 9 handicapper. As a B grade 13 handicapper I was the second best.

• iRON MiCK likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users