Photo

2016 Play Your Best Golf All The Time

golf championship tournaments

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#181 Talart

Talart

Hit the ball, Find the ball, Hit the ball...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3888 posts
  • LocationThe Nail shop next to Golgotha

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:05 PM

Lucindale was a b!tch of a round, started out well enough on this challenging course and as the round progressed my lack of form and fitness showed up my capability. To accept that my frustration was affecting the game is the hardest admission. The gap between a passable round and the messy round I played was not that wide. I was able to place the ball off the tee on the fairways well enough. A few poor shots came more from my lack of confidence and not concentrating on the shots than anything. It was a very chastened golfer on the ride home in the passengers seat.

This past weekend again it was a round that as played straight from a drive home, then to the club after several days away. I was frustrated by the end of the day with the result, only because my expectations were in the way of my capability. It was nothing more than half a dozen poor shots from the tee to the green and 2-3 putts not dropping into the cup that made the final score. It was the grand total of no more than 9 shots which were the difference between success and the mediocrity I delivered.

Once again more positives that negatives, this has been a tough period of golfing dear readers. In fact the thought has crossed my mind... "time to stop". Of course that ignites that stubborn pigheaded, win at all costs hunger in the belly yet again. This round off the tee the driver became a powerful tool of distance and with better accuracy. Not a big hitter off the tee as regular reader know and that was debunked with a consistent 10-20 metres than usual all day. The irons also were delivering good distance, unfortunately the accuracy was rubbish. Greens in regulation are a must to pay to single figures and I am still on 10.3 at the minute. Lack of practice due to wet conditions is not helping, the ball striking from net practise though has maintained this consistent striking attribute.

Over all feeling good and the exercising is increasing back with light chest expander workouts to get reliable stamina to play 18 holes again. Putting and chipping is okay, not championship for though. Which has to be built up by September when matchplay for the club handicap begins.

Hit the ball, find the ball, hit the ball...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users