311 replies to this topic

#301 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2967 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:35 PM

Northlakes GC has been sold and to close 2019....

Mads likes it! I thought you liked golf courses Madam? Would be a shame to see it go, a favourite of mine, always in decent condition and a challenge. Wish there was a game there soon so I could play it before it closes..............oh thats right the SEQ game this coming Sunday is there, bonus.

Edited by The Robinator, 24 July 2018 - 05:37 PM.

• Bluethunda and Weetbix like this

#302 Bluethunda

Bluethunda

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17400 posts
  • Location#Iamacheat

Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:12 PM

Mads likes it! I thought you liked golf courses Madam? Would be a shame to see it go, a favourite of mine, always in decent condition and a challenge. Wish there was a game there soon so I could play it before it closes..............oh thats right the SEQ game this coming Sunday is there, bonus.

Well he either is gonna profit from the sale, or he is in cahoots with the purchaser cos they (NL) mistreated him a few years ago??? Thoughts????
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#303 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14416 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:08 PM

Well he either is gonna profit from the sale, or he is in cahoots with the purchaser cos they (NL) mistreated him a few years ago??? Thoughts????

No not in cahoots or mistreated. I know the place well. Ps we need other ways to like, laugh, sad like FB!

pelican waters up for sale this week as well!
  • Bluethunda and Francie like this

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#304 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14416 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:09 PM

it is. Great layout but in a challenging location. Not enough support to keep it ticking over it seems.
  • Bluethunda likes this

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#305 Bluethunda

Bluethunda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17400 posts
  • Location#Iamacheat

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:38 PM

No not in cahoots or mistreated. I know the place well. Ps we need other ways to like, laugh, sad like FB!
pelican waters up for sale this week as well!

Yes it is a sad week for the golf industry, particularly when individuals
pour their heart and soul into a workplace, only for it to be sold off, for corporate greed. All the fighting to be certified for the ISO 4000 whatever it is , down the tubes.

Now more runoff, more traffic, less wildlife, further travel to other courses to play golf.....hope they enjoy the money

#306 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14416 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:54 PM

Yes it is a sad week for the golf industry, particularly when individuals
pour their heart and soul into a workplace, only for it to be sold off, for corporate greed. All the fighting to be certified for the ISO 4000 whatever it is , down the tubes.

Now more runoff, more traffic, less wildlife, further travel to other courses to play golf.....hope they enjoy the money

interesting perspective considering both courses have been losing money since opening. No greed there They have been employing people and contributing to economy all this time.

Pelican will go to a new operator owner. NL who knows their outcome. Problem with golf here is that most are not run as a business.
  • Bluethunda likes this

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#307 Bluethunda

Bluethunda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17400 posts
  • Location#Iamacheat

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:44 AM

interesting perspective considering both courses have been losing money since opening. No greed there They have been employing people and contributing to economy all this time.
Pelican will go to a new operator owner. NL who knows their outcome. Problem with golf here is that most are not run as a business.

Guess your right mate, you make fair and reasonable piimts

#308 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14416 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:07 PM

http://www.golfindus...-set-to-close/ Non paid news site

• BarnEsy05 and Bluethunda like this

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#309 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14416 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:24 AM

Man bites off golfer’s finger during brawl

A golf match turned violent in Massachusetts on Friday when a golfer bit off another man’s finger. The altercation happened while the two men played a local course.

According to WCVB-TV, a 47-year-old man is in custody and facing mayhem charges after the incident. The brawl occured at Southers Marsh Golf Club in Plymouth, Mass.

Police raced to the seen Friday evening after receiving a 911 call about the golf course brawl.

They arrived to find “the victim had his finger bitten off to his knuckle.” The rest of the unidentified man’s finger was put on ice as he was rushed to the hospital for treatment.

The report states that it was not clear whether alcohol was involved in the fight, nor did they know the nature of the relationship between the two men.

You can watch WCVB-TV’s full report below.

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#310 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13867 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 20 August 2018 - 11:06 AM

Sticky Date?

18.4 by Dec. 2018

2018 Keysborough GC Gala Team Event Winner

2017 VIC ISG OOM Overall Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Frank" founding member

#311 Forrest Gardener

Forrest Gardener

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCairns

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:04 PM

Word here in FNQ is that Paradise Palms may close in October this year. That came to me from a member. He was worried because his golden handshake included a couple of years membership. Residents around the boundary are worried that they will lose their pleasant outlook onto the course. What used to be the practice fairway and the seventh hole were sold off based on their proximity to the golf course so those developers will suffer. There is now a road across part of the old practice fairway. And the old par five first hole has been butchered into a very ordinary par 4 and a par 3 to the old green. Very poor result from the local accountant who has controlled the administration of the property.

Very sad if the closure comes to pass. It has always seemed to me to be the big golfing draw card to the Cairns area. It was originally built as a destination for Japanese tourists. When the Japanese money left it seems to have become just one more golf facility that can't fund itself.

#312 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14416 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:31 PM

Word here in FNQ is that Paradise Palms may close in October this year. That came to me from a member. He was worried because his golden handshake included a couple of years membership. Residents around the boundary are worried that they will lose their pleasant outlook onto the course. What used to be the practice fairway and the seventh hole were sold off based on their proximity to the golf course so those developers will suffer. There is now a road across part of the old practice fairway. And the old par five first hole has been butchered into a very ordinary par 4 and a par 3 to the old green. Very poor result from the local accountant who has controlled the administration of the property.

Very sad if the closure comes to pass. It has always seemed to me to be the big golfing draw card to the Cairns area. It was originally built as a destination for Japanese tourists. When the Japanese money left it seems to have become just one more golf facility that can't fund itself.

A shame but signs of the times.

More of these to come I think nationally.

HEee was the last news we found for PP .

http://www.golfindus...on-the-market/ 

For golf industry news.

Handicap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users