Photo

2016 Iseekgolf Nationals Oct 20-25 Melbourne (Registration)

• Please log in to reply
3051 replies to this topic

#2866 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

See, the trick is... to find your swing..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8911 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:33 AM

I put my tee shot right over the hill and on the 7th fairway.

What I'm talkin about is a game... A game that can't be won only played...

http://dorsetgolfclub.com.au/

#2867 Peppas

Peppas

Panda Watch!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7648 posts
  • LocationKFC

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:33 AM

I hit Dredge onto the backside of the hill
  • The good Egg and GhettoGolfer like this

#2868 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3916 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:38 AM

So did you, what a playa!!!!

Mine wasnt as good as yours though, considering where your drive was and how close you put your approach. Flusher ;)

#2869 Birdie Killer

Birdie Killer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:06 PM

I got home very late last night after playing 36 holes on Monday and got dragged into meetings at work the minute I got into the office today, which clearly brought me back to reality.

Well, the weekend passed like a dream for me, so let have some flashbacks before reality (read work and kids) get the better of me.

Friday at Keysborough: great par 73 course, I felt par 5 holes came rather often (I liked it).

Thanks Koioom for the local knowledge, thanks Ghetto for lunch, never had Vietnamese rolls on golf course before, and gentle and smiley Schmucko, always good to see your face.

And the weather, WTF!! It was soaking wet and coooooold, I was long for the hand warmers which I never thought we ever need for playing golf, Ghetto and I finished the second 9 with bare hands. We all shivering toward the end.

We often said to each other: ‘Im happy to go back to the club house for a beer if you’ll go’, but we somehow managed to finished the round.

We all wanted to get out of the rain and have a cold one in club house but when I loaded my golf gears back into the car I found I had a flat tyre, WTF, that was the last thing I want now, I had to stay another 30 minutes in the rain to get the tyres changed before it gets dark and almost missed the presentation.

Good signs for team NSW as we cleaned up the prizes through 2Putts, Flog, The Commish, Peppas, Zooey and especially magnificent Dr Nick!

Congrats to Weeti on his first ever eagle!!

Thanks wOzz, Mouldy and the gang at Keysborough for organising this round with extremely ‘practical’ prizes.

Saturday at St Andrew Beach: wow, what a course! I had a goose bum standing on the first tee looking down on the course, this is my favourite course on the Nationals weekend even playing through the sh!te weather, we had sunshine, rain, hail, gust and cold during play.

Played with Peppas, Itchy and Hagler, thanks guys for great company and catch up.

It’s a pleasure to see good players like Itchy and Hagler hitting the ball, Hagler played well, his 35 points only lost on the count back to the eventual Day 1 and L4G trophy winner Robnewy, Congrats Rob!!

National putting comp was held before the Gala dinner, Oz thought he had it until Pigskin snatched the winner in the very last minute.

Gala dinner was as great as ever, lots of laugh, banter and catching up. We then drew for Day 2, my name came out very last, so I was in the last group 3 days in a row.

Sunday at the Dunes, another magnificent course, windy and cold condition and especially the alcohol from the Gala dinner clearly affect many players’ scores.

Thanks my playing partners GPJ_Longdriver for the course knowledge and Ink for great company.

I played well by stick to my handicap and no wipes, no 3 putts (although there was a 4 putter) helped, scored 41 points and won day 2 and overall.

Team NSW won 2016 SOO title!!!

Monday, playing 36 holes at Yarra Yarra and Woodlands another 2 quality courses.

Finally the sun came out and stayed around for a change.

Thanks to my playing partners Tolla8, Mouldy and Benny (sorry, I didn’t get your avatar name) for Yarra Yarra round

Mouldy got an eagle and Benny won 2nd prize with 33 points.

Congrats to Flog on winning this round with 36 points.

Played with Zooey, Flog and Jimini, thanks guys for great company. This made Jimini and I played together in each and every ISG Nationals I attend (3 years so far). I won second prize with 33 points.

Congrats to Weeti for winning this round with 37 points with another eagle.

To wrap up the weekend on my personal side:

Drop 1.3 shots on the handicap, making total drop of 5.6 shots since beginning at the year

First ever non-wipe round at the Dunes

Won SOO with team NSW

Won day 2 Main event at the Dunes and 2016 ISG Nationals Champion title.

Possibly the greatest come back in ISG Nationals history so far, winning the title with 26 points in day 1??

Possibly highest point scored (41 points) in ISG Nationals Main events??

But the greatest accomplishment of all was to catch up with the old ISGers and meet the ‘new’ faces that I only know on the forums, it’s nice to put the faces to the names! Love ya all!

A great thanks to organising committee and all the helpers who did a marvelous job to make yet another successful Nationals: Madam, ‘Glody’, Weetie, Barnesy, Ms. Oz (for all the assistant at registration and presentation), Meagan (for the photos) and many others….

Thanks all the sponsors for the generous prizes.

And special thanks to Schmucko and Dr. Nick who shared their accommodation with me.

Now, it’s over and we will start to count down for 2017 Nationals very soon.

See you all in Sydney next year.

P/s: the jacket fits me very well, have a look at the pics

Attached File  ISG Jacket.jpg   70.29KB   5 downloads

Edited by Birdie Killer, 25 October 2016 - 12:12 PM.

• The good Egg, GhettoGolfer, *Mouldy and 18 others like this
2014 ISG National Championship: Kill a bird
2015 ISG National Championship: Almost kill a jogger
2016 ISG National Championship: Kill the tittle!

Golflink.

#2870 Birdie Killer

Birdie Killer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:07 PM

And should me have a trophy with the SOO? I think 3 most important titles are Champion, NAGA and SOO, the other 2 have the jacket and vest but SOO don’t have anything, just saying!!

• BarnEsy05, Schmuck, koiom K Frenzy and 2 others like this
2014 ISG National Championship: Kill a bird
2015 ISG National Championship: Almost kill a jogger
2016 ISG National Championship: Kill the tittle!

Golflink.

#2871 Jiminy

Jiminy

jiminy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:28 PM

I got home very late last night after playing 36 holes on Monday and got dragged into meetings at work the minute I got into the office today, which clearly brought me back to reality.

Well, the weekend passed like a dream for me, so let have some flashbacks before reality (read work and kids) get the better of me.

Friday at Keysborough: great par 73 course, I felt par 5 holes came rather often (I liked it).

Thanks Koioom for the local knowledge, thanks Ghetto for lunch, never had Vietnamese rolls on golf course before, and gentle and smiley Schmucko, always good to see your face.

And the weather, WTF!! It was soaking wet and coooooold, I was long for the hand warmers which I never thought we ever need for playing golf, Ghetto and I finished the second 9 with bare hands. We all shivering toward the end.

We often said to each other: ‘Im happy to go back to the club house for a beer if you’ll go’, but we somehow managed to finished the round.

We all wanted to get out of the rain and have a cold one in club house but when I loaded my golf gears back into the car I found I had a flat tyre, WTF, that was the last thing I want now, I had to stay another 30 minutes in the rain to get the tyres changed before it gets dark and almost missed the presentation.

Good signs for team NSW as we cleaned up the prizes through 2Putts, Flog, The Commish, Peppas, Zooey and especially magnificent Dr Nick!

Congrats to Weeti on his first ever eagle!!

Thanks wOzz, Mouldy and the gang at Keysborough for organising this round with extremely ‘practical’ prizes.

Saturday at St Andrew Beach: wow, what a course! I had a goose bum standing on the first tee looking down on the course, this is my favourite course on the Nationals weekend even playing through the sh!te weather, we had sunshine, rain, hail, gust and cold during play.

Played with Peppas, Itchy and Hagler, thanks guys for great company and catch up.

It’s a pleasure to see good players like Itchy and Hagler hitting the ball, Hagler played well, his 35 points only lost on the count back to the eventual Day 1 and L4G trophy winner Robnewy, Congrats Rob!!

National putting comp was held before the Gala dinner, Oz thought he had it until Pigskin snatched the winner in the very last minute.

Gala dinner was as great as ever, lots of laugh, banter and catching up. We then drew for Day 2, my name came out very last, so I was in the last group 3 days in a row.

Sunday at the Dunes, another magnificent course, windy and cold condition and especially the alcohol from the Gala dinner clearly affect many players’ scores.

Thanks my playing partners GPJ_Longdriver for the course knowledge and Ink for great company.

I played well by stick to my handicap and no wipes, no 3 putts (although there was a 4 putter) helped, scored 41 points and won day 2 and overall.

Team NSW won 2016 SOO title!!!

Monday, playing 36 holes at Yarra Yarra and Woodlands another 2 quality courses.

Finally the sun came out and stayed around for a change.

Thanks to my playing partners Tolla8, Mouldy and Benny (sorry, I didn’t get your avatar name) for Yarra Yarra round

Mouldy got an eagle and Benny won 2nd prize with 33 points.

Congrats to Flog on winning this round with 36 points.

Played with Zooey, Flog and Jimini, thanks guys for great company. This made Jimini and I played together in each and every ISG Nationals I attend (3 years so far). I won second prize with 33 points.

Congrats to Weeti for winning this round with 37 points with another eagle.

To wrap up the weekend on my personal side:

Drop 1.3 shots on the handicap, making total drop of 5.6 shots since beginning at the year

First ever non-wipe round at the Dunes

Won SOO with team NSW

Won day 2 Main event at the Dunes and 2016 ISG Nationals Champion title.

Possibly the greatest come back in ISG Nationals history so far, winning the title with 26 points in day 1??

Possibly highest point scored (41 points) in ISG Nationals Main events??

But the greatest accomplishment of all was to catch up with the old ISGers and meet the ‘new’ faces that I only know on the forums, it’s nice to put the faces to the names! Love ya all!

A great thanks to organising committee and all the helpers who did a marvelous job to make yet another successful Nationals: Madam, ‘Glody’, Weetie, Barnesy, Ms. Oz (for all the assistant at registration and presentation), Meagan (for the photos) and many others….

Thanks all the sponsors for the generous prizes.

And special thanks to Schmucko and Dr. Nick who shared their accommodation with me.

Now, it’s over and we will start to count down for 2017 Nationals very soon.

See you all in Sydney next year.

P/s: the jacket fits me very well, have a look at the pics

attachicon.gifISG Jacket.jpg

LEGEND right there....

• BarnEsy05, RobNewy, iRON MiCK and 4 others like this

#2872 Gilbert Grape

Gilbert Grape

Hacked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4422 posts
  • LocationSunny Gold Coast, circa 1988

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:47 PM

Who is this?

Spammer no doubt.

4317475.jpg

• BarnEsy05 and iRON MiCK like this

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

#2873 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35153 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:17 PM

Well...finally able to settle down for 5 minutes and compose my thoughts about the extended weekend.

Starting at the Frog on Thursday...I think the group that attended saw it at it's most difficult...other than if we'd thrown rain in as well...at least the sun was out. Deadset blew its titts off...as it can do...and probably gave some a greater appreciation of why my handicap is going in it's current Northerly direction. I'm so bloody over playing in the wind. A fun day nonetheless, with Weeti, Jiminy and Koiom. Weeti smashing the driver...into the wind as well...Jiminy putting on a clinic at times. A shame the lost ball on 15 probably cost him the win. Carson playing a no wipe 20-something point day. Most importantly...all feet undamaged. Mid 20's for me...about average in the field.

I skipped the Keysie event on Friday and went down to Flinders with Benny and Keith...and almost drowned. Had I think 28 points in the hurricane, good enough for 5th in the group of 20 or so that played. My wet weather gear got it's first run in the 4 years since I'd purchased it...I always swore if it was wet enough for me to wear it, I wouldn't be playing. So much for that rule. Spent the afternoon driving Madam from course to course getting everything we needed for the weekend. Dinner and beers at Rosebud. Good times.

Saturday at StAB...what a shambles! I was going ok up until about the 12th hole...and then scored 2 points in the last 6 holes for a mighty 21. NAGA worthy...but not quite thanks to LH's even dozen. The day with 2Putts, Yarnicle and Little Bully (Muzz) was fun nonetheless...the highlight...clearly, the par at the 129m 11th, that required driver to put me at the edge of the green, and 2 putt. The others using 6i (2P), 5i (Yarn) and 4h (Muzz) not getting within 20m of the thing. Beers at the pre-dinner were fun...the putting comp...the dinner...Ghetto...well played young man...and the 4bbb draw all fun. My highlight of the night...when Deege explained to me how she played the aforementioned 11th hole..."I took 5 wood off the tee from about 100m...put it to about 4 feet...and when I got to the green, Zookeeper was inside me by an inch....."

I nearly fell off the chair.

Sunday...up early...damn laziness not getting those pesky golflink scores in on Saturday afternoon...and got to the course at 5.55am. After all of the preliminaries and card changes were made...including moving from the blues to the whites...had a fantastic day with 4bbb partner Tonk, Barensky (well played, John) and jrg1166. Again my own highlight...the 145m 17th into the wind...low punched driver to 10 feet. Tonk and I pissed ourselves laughing most of the day...we had fun. Had 30 points for the first time in a while. After all the presentations...well done to Birdie Killer ...and bad luck to Deege and Bully....I managed to do what I don't normally get to do on these days...sit around, have a few beers and gasbag for a while, with Madam, Yarn, Joe, Fehan and Jon..maybe some others too...I'm a little dusty on the detail...and ended up leaving just before 5.30. Thai dinner that night with the roommates (Bully, Muzz, Yarn) and Tolla8 and Piggy. Back to the room and crashed.

Monday...early start again, and we were all out of the house at 5.30, on the way to Yarra Yarra. Played with Madam, Mr Barnes and Weeti...lots of sledging...Weeti and I winning our 4 ball 1 up...and then more GL updates for the afternoon game and off to the airport with Yarnie. Food...home...pick up youngest daughter from school...home...nap...and back to work today.

Thanks to Mike for all the work he does to get this thing in place. And to Mrs Oz again for her great help over the weekend. Awesome to catch up with all of you again. I look forward to this weekend more than any other during the year.

Hopefully by next year, my handicap will be back out into the 20s...it's certainly trending that way...and I'll go back to NSW to finally win this damn thing. Or just get pissed. It's a fine line.

Cheers all.

Glody

• GhettoGolfer, *Mouldy, BarnEsy05 and 13 others like this

Winner "Moonah Legends" 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner "The National" 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM "The Sands" 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole "Kooindah Waters" 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round "The Glades" 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#2874 Bumpy.M

Bumpy.M

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10949 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:52 PM

Well...finally able to settle down 

rumours are that you done good.

there does seem to be a few people saying that have had fun and that was in no doubt due to you and Mads and maybe JB. Please pass on my heartiest congratulations for a well done do.

• BarnEsy05, Francie, Goldy and 1 other like this
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#2875 Hat_Trick

Hat_Trick

Dr Bob's No.1 Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4467 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:56 PM

Well...finally able to settle down for 5 minutes and compose my thoughts about the extended weekend.

Starting at the Frog on Thursday...I think the group that attended saw it at it's most difficult...other than if we'd thrown rain in as well...at least the sun was out. Deadset blew its titts off...as it can do...and probably gave some a greater appreciation of why my handicap is going in it's current Northerly direction. I'm so bloody over playing in the wind. A fun day nonetheless, with Weeti, Jiminy and Koiom. Weeti smashing the driver...into the wind as well...Jiminy putting on a clinic at times. A shame the lost ball on 15 probably cost him the win. Carson playing a no wipe 20-something point day. Most importantly...all feet undamaged. Mid 20's for me...about average in the field.

I skipped the Keysie event on Friday and went down to Flinders with Benny and Keith...and almost drowned. Had I think 28 points in the hurricane, good enough for 5th in the group of 20 or so that played. My wet weather gear got it's first run in the 4 years since I'd purchased it...I always swore if it was wet enough for me to wear it, I wouldn't be playing. So much for that rule. Spent the afternoon driving Madam from course to course getting everything we needed for the weekend. Dinner and beers at Rosebud. Good times.

Saturday at StAB...what a shambles! I was going ok up until about the 12th hole...and then scored 2 points in the last 6 holes for a mighty 21. NAGA worthy...but not quite thanks to LH's even dozen. The day with 2Putts, Yarnicle and Little Bully (Muzz) was fun nonetheless...the highlight...clearly, the par at the 129m 11th, that required driver to put me at the edge of the green, and 2 putt. The others using 6i (2P), 5i (Yarn) and 4h (Muzz) not getting within 20m of the thing. Beers at the pre-dinner were fun...the putting comp...the dinner...Ghetto...well played young man...and the 4bbb draw all fun. My highlight of the night...when Deege explained to me how she played the aforementioned 11th hole..."I took 5 wood off the tee from about 100m...put it to about 4 feet...and when I got to the green, Zookeeper was inside me by an inch....."

I nearly fell off the chair.

Sunday...up early...damn laziness not getting those pesky golflink scores in on Saturday afternoon...and got to the course at 5.55am. After all of the preliminaries and card changes were made...including moving from the blues to the whites...had a fantastic day with 4bbb partner Tonk, Barensky (well played, John) and jrg1166. Again my own highlight...the 145m 16th into the wind...low punched driver to 10 feet. Tonk and I pissed ourselves laughing most of the day...we had fun. Had 30 points for the first time in a while. After all the presentations...well done to Birdie Killer ...and bad luck to Deege and Bully....I managed to do what I don't normally get to do on these days...sit around, have a few beers and gasbag for a while, with Madam, Yarn, Joe, Fehan and Jon..maybe some others too...I'm a little dusty on the detail...and ended up leaving just before 5.30. Thai dinner that night with the roommates (Bully, Muzz, Yarn) and Tolla8 and Piggy. Back to the room and crashed.

Monday...early start again, and we were all out of the house at 5.30, on the way to Yarra Yarra. Played with Madam, Mr Barnes and Weeti...lots of sledging...Weeti and I winning our 4 ball 1 up...and then more GL updates for the afternoon game and off to the airport with Yarnie. Food...home...pick up youngest daughter from school...home...nap...and back to work today.

Thanks to Mike for all the work he does to get this thing in place. And to Mrs Oz again for her great help over the weekend. Awesome to catch up with all of you again. I look forward to this weekend more than any other during the year.

Hopefully by next year, my handicap will be back out into the 20s...it's certainly trending that way...and I'll go back to NSW to finally win this damn thing. Or just get pissed. It's a fine line.

Cheers all.

Glody

Who is glody?

23/08/2015 - Curlewis. 5th Hole. Third Shot. Topped the ball, bounced up and hit my hat. 1 shot penalty. "Hat Trick"

23/11/2014 - Settlers Run. Vic OOM5. 18th tee. Nominee for ISG Hall of Fame Drives. "Air Swing"

#2876 Hat_Trick

Hat_Trick

Dr Bob's No.1 Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4467 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:56 PM

And why are you pretending to be Goldy?

23/08/2015 - Curlewis. 5th Hole. Third Shot. Topped the ball, bounced up and hit my hat. 1 shot penalty. "Hat Trick"

23/11/2014 - Settlers Run. Vic OOM5. 18th tee. Nominee for ISG Hall of Fame Drives. "Air Swing"

#2877 upnin

upnin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:18 PM

Thanks BarnEsy - I hope it continues

Damn! I thought you were headed more towards my lofty marks. :P

#2878 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8494 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:20 PM

Happy to help with the entertainment. Theres a reason why i dont normally drink......

Oh and a big thanks to Birdiekilla for the vouchers a Heritage. You are a such a champ!!!!!
  • Jiminy, iRON MiCK, Schmuck and 1 other like this
6th March 2016 - Beat the ISG Matchplay Champion!

Posted Image

#2879 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8494 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:49 PM

I hit Dredge onto the backside of the hill

I hit that hill.
Ball came to rest on that hill.
I wiped that hole.
  • Jiminy and iRON MiCK like this
6th March 2016 - Beat the ISG Matchplay Champion!

Posted Image

#2880 Hat_Trick

Hat_Trick

Dr Bob's No.1 Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4467 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:59 PM

I hit that hill.
Ball came to rest on that hill.
I wiped that hole.

Chopper
  • iRON MiCK and Itchy4Scratch like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users