788 replies to this topic

#781 Ink🐾

Ink🐾

Pawsome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35461 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:42 AM

Smack talk...I likely...maybe a grouping with Pete the greenkeeper is in store..
  • Rusty_Chopper_1984 likes this

#782 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12427 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:22 AM

Morning All,

Great to get back on the ISG Tour for the close out of the season. My congrats to all the winners of the day and of the whole tour itself.

To my group, BMan, Peaksy (RonBurgundy) and DJ Scratch'n'Sniff it was a great day out on the course. Some great laughs and great company, which if I'm honest is all I'm really after from any round of golf.

Good to see my pedigree of having winners in our group continued with Peaksy and DJ cleaning up A grade for the day. And BMan from recovering from 7 points at the turn to avoid the Orange Zone and snag 25pts. As for my day, pretty damn happy all things considered. I stayed true to my mantra of "going for everything" which cost me a few points but gave others some laughs so all good.

And good to see, yet again, that I can retain my midtable mediocrity crown. Thanks for keeping the seat warm biatches.

All in all another great OOM. The Committee should be very proud.

As BMan said before, we'd love to get to more of these but I just can't spare the time it takes and the locale of the 2016 schedule means most will be a bridge too far. Should be a lock for Le Frogge and an outside chance for the Sands but the others are umpossible.

Once again, congrats to all and sundry on a great day.

• Bernie_Larkham, Goldy, djcraig and 1 other like this

Castlemaine Non-Handicap Winner - Net 73

2013 OOM4 A Grade Winner - Heritage St Johns - 33pts

2016 TSC Winner - Eynesbury - 34pts

Taking midtable mediocrity to the top of the podium...

Smoldy. - Baconwide Tour Creators and Ambassadors

VTTP #008

http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204213

#783 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19756 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:45 AM

A quick thanks for a very enjoyable round yesterday, playing alongside CB, Ray, and good mate Beacy Brad who played very tidily to win the day with 39.

Congrats to all the winners on the day, and it was great to see some old faces in the throng .. in particular the White Boys with their westside leave pass, Peaksy still rocking the Loudmouths, and Sammi who was let out of intensive care for the day.

Well done to the committee on another stellar year of organising the tour .... looking forward to the next event. :)

• WasabiPea_Shooter, Goldy and Ink🐾 like this

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

2018 Coober Pedy Opal Fields Open

2018 Alice Springs Invitational
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog, Gardiners Run.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

#784 snorkelguru

snorkelguru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:44 AM

Great day out as usual boys and lady...thanks to all the organizers (Goldy, CB80, Dancer et al) - you guys do a fabulous job each and every time trying to keep this bunch of extraordinary individuals in line, Cheryl for putting up with all of us, the sponsors (Garth, Jon and Boz) for all the prizes...Golf was great in patches, but the company was top notch. Congratulations to all the winners, especially to muff and snappy for taking the year's sheep stations.

Big ups to my playing partners, trol- this boy hits 300 yards with a high fade, was a pleasure to see you belting the ball, Bernie_Larkham who was just getting warmed up after the first 18, would have probably taken all the honours if there was but another 18 to go, Lukos87 who hit a few good shots, but kept on going on after getting some filthy luck out there. Looking forward to hitting up again boys. For me it was a story of two halves, played well for 20 points on the turn, then....loooked at my score and...well we all know what happens next. 

Good to see ghetto back in action, inky's balls in a skort...not so much....till next year!!!

Edited by snorkelguru, 23 November 2015 - 07:45 AM.

• Bernie_Larkham, Ink🐾 and Rusty_Chopper_1984 like this

http://www.golflink....k_No=5012901961

2015 OOM2 Settlers Run B Grade Long Drive Winner

2015 ISG 2Bbb NAGA (with littleman)

2016 OOM2 Gardiners Run A Grade Long Drive Winner

2016 OOM2 Gardiners Run A Grade NTP 

#785 Jolls

Jolls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationBallarat

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

Obviously thanks to the organisers and sponsors as usual, great effort by all. Congrats to the winners on the day and for the year overall.

I liked the course and definitely made use of the wide fairways on a few holes! I would play a few holes a little differently next time, I was well an truly sick of bunkers by the end of the round but a few nice sand saves kept the points ticking along. I hit a nice 5 iron on the 17th which I see held up for A grade nearest the pin, unfortunately I couldn't hang around for the presentations to boast about it!

Thanks to my playing partners Fairwaybomber, Ghetto and Dallas. Fairwaybomber has the swing of a single figure handicapper, I have no doubt it will all click and that 'cap will tumble. Dallas hits a monster ball but not always straight! I think the ball must've been in the air for a good 25 seconds before we heard the "CRASH" into a house on the 5th hole following a massive high hook. Ghetto hit them quite well after a long lay off, keep plugging away with that high fade of yours mate ;) ​My fav lines from the day were probably on our last hole when Fairwaybomber left a putt short and Ghetto asked him if he had forgotten to eat his rice that morning. Cheeky little flatulent bugger

Hopefully see you all at a few next year

Edited by Jolls, 23 November 2015 - 12:42 PM.

• GhettoGolfer, *Mouldy, Francie and 5 others like this

#786 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2429 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

Obviously thanks to the organisers and sponsors as usual, great effort by all. Congrats to the winners on the day and for the year overall.

I liked the course and definitely made use of the wide fairways on a few holes! I would play a few holes a little differently next time, I was well an truly sick of bunkers by the end of the round but a few nice sand saves kept the points ticking along. I hit a nice 5 iron on the 17th which I see held up for A grade nearest the pin, unfortunately I couldn't hang around for the presentations to boast about it!

Thanks to my playing partners Fairwaybomber, Ghetto and Dallas. Fairwaybomber has the swing of a single figure handicapper, I have no doubt it will all click and that 'cap will tumble. Dallas hits a monster ball but not always straight! I think the ball must've been in the air for a good 25 seconds before we heard the "CRASH" into a house on the 5th hole following a massive high hook. Ghetto hit them quite well after a long lay off, keep plugging away with that high fade of yours mate ;) ​My fav lines from the day were probably on our last hole when Fairwaybomber left a putt short and Ghetto asked him if he had forgotten to eat his rice that morning. Cheeky little flatulent bugger

Hopefully see you all at a few next year

Ghetto taking the Stink moniker maybe...
  • GhettoGolfer likes this

#787 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2507 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:39 PM

Firstly, apologies to my group for the last minute no show. I had to make up the numbers at cricket. Hard to be in two places at once. To the committee, also a sincere sorry for not making the trip to the SL OOM, would have rather played golf.
Will make amends over the Xmas period and have already spoken to CB100 about a get together.

I hope everyone enjoyed the day, seems that the weather gods turned on a good one for you.
Congrats to the dual winners of the OOM year and also the winners of the day in the individual grades.

Hoping everyone has a safe and happy Xmas, see you in the new year, Jon...
  • *Mouldy, CaNadiAn MiCk, Kiwi and 9 others like this

#788 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9178 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:06 PM

Firstly, apologies to my group for the last minute no show. I had to make up the numbers at cricket. Hard to be in two places at once. To the committee, also a sincere sorry for not making the trip to the SL OOM, would have rather played golf.
Will make amends over the Xmas period and have already spoken to CB100 about a get together.

I hope everyone enjoyed the day, seems that the weather gods turned on a good one for you.
Congrats to the dual winners of the OOM year and also the winners of the day in the individual grades.

Hoping everyone has a safe and happy Xmas, see you in the new year, Jon...

Thank you Golf Guy for your on going support of ISG Vic OOM games.

Much appreciated by everyone.

TGP is pleased to announce there continued support for ISG Vic OOM 2016 events.

Thank you Golf guy.

• CaNadiAn MiCk, Jiminy, djcraig and 4 others like this

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#789 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1872 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:08 AM

Thanks Jon for everything you've done, which is a lot.  I hope you made a powerful half century off 20 balls. 

• over the MUFFIN top and Joe79 like this

If I can win an OOM anyone can. 

http://www.golflink....k_no=3012646041

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ISG VIC, OOM, SANCTUARY LAKES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users