#856 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

So that didn't go as expected. The only good thing of the day was how nice the course is looking! The golf well not so much!!

Combined of waking every hour, 2nd group off 10th and waiting on pretty much every shot did not help at all! Combined with this god damn draw bordering a hook is giving me the absolute sh!ts.

27 pts (14+13) starting off the 10th and lets be honest the 27 was flattering.

It was a combined day of not being able to get into any sort of rhythm except for the 2 holes when we had a slight gap after looking for a couple of lost balls, being tired and fatigues early on as well as the golf or karma gods having fun with me.

Overall I gave up on the round about 7 holes in when the swing was working well but the ball was just bouncing the wrong way or standing around waiting just became too much.

Putting the round down too learning and did try to save it a few times but should of just realised it wasn't going to be any better after the turn and tried different things.

As to this draw bordering hook that has appeared in the last few weeks, absolutely no idea where this is coming from. All I know is ball is being hit closer to the toe end of the club as the feeling on the club face when hit and then shown by the ball texta marks on the club face being around that spot. I am thinking it may be due to setting up to the ball and being just a tad too far so the club is not coming back at middle. Something to work on but by god it is killing me and cost me 3 holes.

Cap: 17.9 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#857 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2736 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:23 AM

Highlights and Lowlights:

10: First hole, drive it to the very top of the fairway almost bordering the practice fairway. Longest on that hole for a long time. Draw started here.

11: 3 short of green, 4 putt on but tedious and leave it well short. Should of been a 2 putt but missed a 2 footer.

12: Middle Fairway, 6 feet from pin 2 putt Par.

13: 2 in the bunker enough said.

14: Probably summed up the day best. Longest drive ever. Little to no wind. Drove past the dead gum by 20m straight through to one of the last trees on the corner only to be dead up against it. Punched out to fairway. Nice 3w down to 75 out. Over hit pitch and 3 putt for a 7.

17: 5i to 6 feet. 2 putt par.

1: Alignment out and drove to rough and 150 marker. Line up shot and hard draw into dam on left. Pitch on to 20 ft. Hit putt at hole only to watch it hit back of cup and roll off 2 m. Missed putt coming back.

2: Draw\hook into river on left bunker high.

3: Right off heel, through trees across 2nd green and into trees beyond. Punch out, 230ish out and pull 5w. Absolutely minted it to watch it go and land short of green and run through too the back. Chip on and 2 putt.

6: Line up to pin, hit only to watch it draw to just over left bunker short of green. Chunk chip and then over hit second one.

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

#858 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2736 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:14 PM

So out to see Jon and have some grips replaced on my Cally's. Leather grips same as what is on the Mizuno's.

As I had this I couldn't get a day pass for golf with a visit to the Pediatrician after Jon's I had to settle for the range in the Arvo at the Frog.

I probably needed some range time to work on some things but tbh I wish I hadn't gone, or at least didn't visit the Club range and stuck with Bunkers. Nice cross wind didn't help across the range either.

Irons on the range were perfect, hit them well and felt good. It was when I tried woods and driver and could not hit a drive to save me, nor could I work out what I was doing. High slices and low hooks. I was getting them both. I did get the odd one straight but couldn't replicate it shot to shot. Go back to irons and was fine.

I work up and down the bag so as not to get to comfortable with one club. So start with PW and then 8, 6, 4 5w driver then come back down the bag to 3w, 3i, 5, 7, 9, 54 hitting about 10 balls with each club. As said Irons fine, woods\driver no good. Getting to the end I wanted to just throw the driver away lol. I thought maybe the wind but then why irons were ok is what threw me.

So finished off the bucket and went over to the bunker and chipping green. As they have cored, I just worked on chipping contact and all felt good. Moved to the bunker and threw 10 balls in different spots and got them all out in 1. Raked and repeated 2 more times and seemed ok. Went back to chipping and still seemed ok.

As the range was empty I thought I would wander over and collect some of the short ones and try again. Same thing Irons fine, woods and driver no good.

Woke up the next day feeling a bit sore through muscles in back and legs which is generally a sign of over swinging for me or trying to swing to hard. As the irons were being hit well I didn't think I was, the driver indicated that I was but the irons were being hit extremely well so they indicated I wasn't.

So I am at a touch of a loss and hoping I may be able to get some range time after work to see otherwise I go into the round on the weekend blind and may just put them all away and use irons all day.

WITB:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users