#706 Chunky McChunkerson

Chunky McChunkerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2611 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:57 AM

Looks like range rat session sat morning while Erin is getting her injections. This will be a good chance to have a straight forward look at the Mizuno's again. The more I think about it, the more I think the shafts were what felt off.

Unfortunately no more $$ to have the shafts changed out to Project X's unless I can find a cheap set somewhere. (Actually not sure how much it would cost TBH).

My guess is these will end up in the spare bag until I can either replace the shafts or come across another cheap set with the right shafts.

Scans yesterday for bub 2 showed that it is engaged and getting ready to go. Fingers crossed it is a few more weeks before the arrival (and I am sure it will be) so everything else is now week by week. Getting close to the finish line!

• Weetbix, 2Putts and koiom K Frenzy like this

Cap: 16.2 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | X Series Jaw Slate 54* C Grind | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 60* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Project X LX 6.0 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on True Temper XP105 Stiff Shafts | X Series Jaw Slate 58* C Grind | Mack Daddy 2 56* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013)

Spares: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tours on Project X 5.5 3 - PW | X Series Jaw Slate 58* C Grind | X Series Jaw Slate 50* C Grind | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#707 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38808 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:43 AM

Hope everything proceeds smoothly and everyone stays healthy mate
  • Chunky McChunkerson and hack2489 like this

Handicap

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#708 Chunky McChunkerson

Chunky McChunkerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2611 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

Thanks buddy, yeah definitely. We had some issues before Charlotte and even with Charlotte at the end but all worked out!

This time around Erin has had so many tests she is on first name basis with the pathologists!

• Weetbix likes this

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | X Series Jaw Slate 54* C Grind | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 60* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Project X LX 6.0 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on True Temper XP105 Stiff Shafts | X Series Jaw Slate 58* C Grind | Mack Daddy 2 56* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013)

Spares: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tours on Project X 5.5 3 - PW | X Series Jaw Slate 58* C Grind | X Series Jaw Slate 50* C Grind | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

#709 hack2489

hack2489

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

Ditto re: All healthy n happy for mum and bub
  • Chunky McChunkerson likes this

#710 Chunky McChunkerson

Chunky McChunkerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2611 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

+5 in Par @ Berg was a great day. Had Kiwi out for the day and was a lot of laughs with my regular group.

Only testing was for the MP 54's in play after a cut down as they were 1/2" over and change of grips from Mid size to normal (shop credit). Mini on Kuro Kage back in play!

Warm up on the range felt good and irons feeling solid. Put the Wilson 3i back in bag as I forgot my Razr x forged at home.

TL;DR:

+5( +5 and Square). 84 off the stick. 3rd overall for the day and 2nd for C Grade. Played to 16. Slope played and a flag of 14.2 dropping .7 off to 16.2 (.3 higher than when I started a cap.)

1 Birdie, 6 Pars 9 Bogeys and 2 Doubles

6 FIR, 1 GIR

30 Putts (6 1 Putts, 12 2p)

1 Bunker

Highlights:                                         

Chip, Pitch and putting

84 off the stick (39 + 45)

Finally getting Par on 8.

3i Punch iron

6+'s in 7 holes.

Lowlights:

Chunking Irons all day

Getting 3rd on a CB

Wiping 7 after being 2 on the fringe.

Long:

What a day. 84 off the stick (GL says 86 because it doesn't count the Bird on 4 and Par on 8 (2 shot hole)). My 2nd lowest score ever but lowest ever from the Blues or equivalent\higher. I felt like crap all week fighting a cold and sinus infection, had Kiwi not wanted to play I was going to pull the plug so Thanks Kiwi!!

Playing off 19 for the day was about where I have been so not too bad.

Shotgun start off the 12th (par 4) and played the first hole to Cap Par. Middle fairway, 7i = CHUNK and then wedge on and putted for 2. This seemed to set the trend and tone for the day.

13(3) was way short and right of the bunker with a chunked Tee shot. Wedged over the bunker and 2 putted for cap par.

14 (5) hit a nice drive just into left rough off the FW. Pulled 3w and got way too quick with it and topped it 100 meters worm burner and left. Pulled 3i and punched out as I had a low look at the green. This seemed to be mr reliable shot of the day for me. Ran it to about 30m short of green. Wedged on and 2 putted for Cap par again.

15 (4) debated between 3 and 5w as it is a downhill dog left. Chose 3 and went too long into rough. Pulled 9i, guess what? CHUNK to fringe (ran down the hill). Putted on and tap in Par.

16 (4) first wipe of the day. Of course right after the first plus so the golf gods giveth and taketh away! Pulled tee shot into Trees just past water that dropps dead. Had a small stance but very cramped. Took 4i to run it up and ended up slamming into the tree (back slightly sore today) and punching into the rough. Took 6i and actually got a somewhat decent hit on it into the bunker. Out in 1 and 2 putt for a wipe. Should of been annoyed but with the laughs within the group I didn't really notice it.

17 (3) CHUNK. 5i off the tee and pulls up short of hazard in front of the tees. Wedge to under the hole and 2 putt for cap par.

18 (4) Get a touch aggressive off tee as I was told but ended up fairway so not too bad. CHUNK to 100m out, then nice 80m pitch into the green 2 putt cap par.

1 (4) Too low a tee so topped it and runs down the hill. 200 out pull 5w and fade to right side of green. Chip on 2 putt cap par.

2 (3) CHUNK and at this point I dub myself Chunky McChunkerson(Inspired by Snappy McSnapperton). Again wedge on and 2 putt cap par.

3 (4) The long par 4 on the course. Beautiful cracking drive right up the middle but short of my usual distance (wet). Pull 4i and no chunk woo hoo you might think...wrong. High right fading shot to the rough pin high past the bunker at least. Wedge on and 1 putt Par and 2nd plus of the day and what starts a great run!

4 (5) Cracking but fading drive which lands in right rough. Pull 3i to punch under branch and hits perfectly right up the middle to 100 out. Nice perfect PW to under the hole and sink the 7ish feet putt. Birdie and 2nd plus!

5 (4). 7i off the tee no chunk woo hoo....NOT. High fade into the rough behind a gum tree. Take 3i to punch under to get to the bunkers or between. Hit perfectly, rockets off and green level and runs through to the back of green! Ok ill take it!! lol. Putt on and tap in par! 3rd +

6 (3) Ok this should be easy to land on the green. Hit what felt like a cracking 9i. Felt pure and great only to come up and realized I have smothered the crap out of it and pulled it left into the crap and trees. Punch a PW into the fringe and let it run on. Line up the putt and hit. Thinking its missed I curse walking to it only to see it take a late right turn and drop for Par! WOO HOO 4th Plus. (Yes Kiwi gave me crap over it lol)

7 (4) Downhill and pull 5w. Hit cracking drive but get draw on it (NFI how) and watch it sail over the tops of the trees. Get down to find it in the crap with low hanging branches. Yep you guessed, punch 3i lol. End up 5 m short of fringe. Debate putt or chip. Well hit fat on chip and then putted on and 2 putted for 2nd wipe. Was cursing myself on this one as I should of putted but the way my chipping was playing I trusted it. It happens, I moved on but this, to me, was the shot that cost me the overall win.

8 (4) 2 shot hole... didn't need them :P. Hit cracking drive that fades to right fairway. Pull 6i and manage to actually hit it thin or what felt thin as the strike felt crap. Curse and groan only to watch it sail high and long onto the green. Couldn't believe it, get up there and is 10 to 12 feet under hole and about 2 feet from its pitch mark. 2 putt par and another plus. Back too 4 +.

9 (5). Nice drive but felt too right and thought would be in the trees. Get down there to find it just on edge of fairway. Anybody wanna guess what happened next? CHUNK 7i as I thought I would lay up and hit a PW in. Go to ball, Mr Reliable(3i Punch) shot to just short of the green, putt on and sink putt for Par. Walking of with +5 on the front, a run of 6+ and 1- in 7 holes was fantastic feeling.

10 (4) Always can guarantee a fade on this hole because tee box isn't flat but I over work it and put it further right but long. Get up to find it in the trees but somewhat open shot to green. Can you guess what I used? Yep 3i punch shot lol. Short of green, wedge on and 2 putt cap par.

11 (5). Shocking swing and high right drive. Hits trees drops dead into crap soft dirt. Didn't realize and didn't put it far enough back. Hit a touch fat but get enough to get up over trees into more trees. 3i Punch (Mr. Reliable!) out to about 40 out. Over pitch it but lands on green and stops dead. 2 putt cap par to end the round and what was probably my 2nd best ever round.

I was knackered by this stage and thought I was about +2 or +3 (I don't take note during the round and leave it until the end) but knew I had played well. When Kiwi told me +5 I couldn't believe it and asked again!

Happy with everything but Irons and something I prolly just need to work on and get used to the irons. I am thinking with the new smaller grips, less tape under them and cut down the SW might be higher and need to work out what they are. From here I am going to relish in this and then move on to the next round this weekend!

Edited by Joe79, 22 May 2017 - 12:30 PM.

• iRON MiCK, Goldy, ink and 1 other like this

WITB:

#711 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • 38808 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:59 PM

Well done Joe

Handicap

#712 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1189 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:17 PM

well played Joe.  We're Kiwi's ears bleeding by the end of the day? I made his head bleed so it would be good to round things off. 

• Goldy, Chunky McChunkerson and Lukos87 like this

If I can win an OOM anyone can. 

http://www.golflink....k_no=3012646041

#713 Chunky McChunkerson

Chunky McChunkerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2611 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

No just his nose.. :)

WITB:

#714 ink

ink

Power in (p)ink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32825 posts
  • Location#keepfighting

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:35 PM

Did someone pick him up again and the altitude affect him

#715 Rusty_Chopper_1984

Rusty_Chopper_1984

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10978 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

Well played mate.
http://www.golflink....k_No=5012901532

2014 C Grade Winner OOM 2 Growling Frog

47 pts 55/40 off 35 at Kooringal Golf Club after shooting 107 first time I played it.

2014 Eagle on 15th par 4 at Rosebud Country Club on North/East.

2015 Eagle 17th hole at Trentham Golf Course.

2015 C Grade Winner 00M 2 Settlers Run

2015 Race to 18 Winner

2015 BHIC shortest Drive winner 61m

2015 Overall C Grade Runner up

Coached by the Supercoach as of Dec 2014.

Roy McAvoy: Such a pure feeling is the well struck golf shot.

#716 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • 35573 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:33 PM

Hmmm...well played McChunkerson.

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#717 Chunky McChunkerson

Chunky McChunkerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2611 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:06 AM

Thanks all, was waiting for a round where I could actually score what I know I could. Goes to show it is in there just need to channel it more!

I have to try and get to the range this work and play around more with these irons and try and work out what is off with them.

Oh and for those who like to tinker I found this little gem for checking SW at home if you don't have a scale:

http://www.leaderboard.com/swingwt.htm

Now it is an estimator and not going to be 100% but from the quick couple of checks I have done with my clubs that I know what they are it is very close.

• Madambo likes this

WITB:

#718 Chunky McChunkerson

Chunky McChunkerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2611 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:07 AM

Ok so a quick hit at the range on Tuesday night showed the same outcome. CHUNKS!

I took the 4 7 and P from the Wilson and X Forged set and hit them as well. Hitting both of these were fine but moving back to the Mizuno resulted in Chunks.

After the shortening and change of midsize grips and tape to standard might have thrown something off being Mizuno send their clubs out weighted and balanced from factory. The alternative issue the shafts don't suit me now at the shorter length albeit only 1/5".  I wouldn't of thought this would have changed too much but you never know.

So a trip to Jon in the near future will be needed to work it out. I am also debating changing the shafts out of the Wilson's and put them into the Mizuno's as I prefer them. Will work it out after discussing it with him :)

So for this weekend either the X Forged or Wilson's are going back in. The X forged felt perfect on the range so I think these will win out but the Wilson's are begging to be hit lol.

On a personal note, it is now 4 weeks until due date for Bub 2 and 4 weeks until time off (I personally don't know which one I am looking forward to more haha). All in all looking forward too it and can't wait for the new experiences again!

WITB:

#719 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • 38808 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:06 AM

Exciting times Joe

Handicap

#720 Chunky McChunkerson

Chunky McChunkerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2611 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:29 AM

Thanks Weeti!!! Yeah it is!!

Also that was meant to be 1/2" not 1/5" lol

WITB:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users