#16 Joe79

Joe79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3018 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:25 PM

Dropping 12 shots off your cap means you are off 24 max? You're doing alright mate, there are plenty of blokes here who are off that sort of cap that have been playing alot longer than 12 months. 

or some of us who have been playing longer and are heading back up too it  :(  :angry:  :wacko:  :D

• Itchy4Scratch and TinCup96 like this

OOM 4 2017 Moonah Open C Grade and Overall Winner - 39pts

OOM 1 2018 Growling Frog B Grade and Overall Winner - 40pts

Cap: 15.4 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Stiff | Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Works Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spare: Big Bertha Mini on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

#17 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11079 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

Hi Rob,

I'm in Richmond and happy to travel up to two hours for a good course.

Happy to have you at the new Eastern whenever you like. Probly give it a bit of time until the rain buggers of
http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407059

So Max, if I don't respond to your comments, it's just because I'm ignoring you because I think you're an arsehole

#18 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24095 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:51 PM

Hi Rob,

Plenty of courses in West Gippsland within that range.  Happy to have you at Warragul - about 1½ hrs.

CB80 will surely host you at Lang Lang.

• TinCup96 likes this

#19 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38689 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:21 PM

Hi Rob,

TC...I'm at the Frog...happy to have you out there...probably when the weather starts to warm up a bit.

Dropping 12 shots off your cap means you are off 24 max? You're doing alright mate, there are plenty of blokes here who are off that sort of cap that have been playing alot longer than 12 months. 

Amen to that.

• Itchy4Scratch and TinCup96 like this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous..... 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them....

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#20 TinCup96

TinCup96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:48 PM

Don't worry about having a high handicap - we were all there once (many still are).

There's a thread in here "I want to arrange a hit now" or something similar.  Jump into that, nominate a couple of courses and the day you want, and mention that you want to play in a comp.

Simples

Great thanks, just saw that thread, the forum is pretty big so just getting around it still.

#21 TinCup96

TinCup96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:50 PM

I'm happy to host at Southern most Sundays (not this weekend though). Green Fees are about $60 on weekends and guests can play in the comp. 

I've got a few weeks left in my football season so once that's over I will be looking to play Sundays so I will definitely take you up on that offer thanks :)

• Itchy4Scratch likes this

#22 TinCup96

TinCup96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:55 PM

Started off at 31 was down to 18.9 but realised I had a lot of flaws in my swing, mainly losing height with my mid to low irons. I want to get down to single figures so am changing my swing to improve this part of my game. Needless to say its frustratingly slow but hopefully I will see long term gains.

It's almost dangerous how additive golf is when you are high handicappers and have the ability to shave 1 -2 strokes off your H/C every time you play. Just makes you want to play everyday!

• Itchy4Scratch likes this

#23 TinCup96

TinCup96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:59 PM

Happy to have you at the new Eastern whenever you like. Probly give it a bit of time until the rain buggers of

Thanks Rob,

that's very generous, as mentioned above once my football season ends in a few weeks I'll definitely take you on the offer!

• RobNewy likes this

#24 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5568 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

Started off at 31 was down to 18.9 but realised I had a lot of flaws in my swing, mainly losing height with my mid to low irons. I want to get down to single figures so am changing my swing to improve this part of my game. Needless to say its frustratingly slow but hopefully I will see long term gains.

It's almost dangerous how additive golf is when you are high handicappers and have the ability to shave 1 -2 strokes off your H/C every time you play. Just makes you want to play everyday!

That's the shot, 18.9 is pretty handy mate! If you are young and have the time to practice and play often you will get to single figures in no time.

• Joe79 and TinCup96 like this

#25 Lukos87

Lukos87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1530 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:12 PM

A lot of spraying for 130 though :D

Ha I know this feeling as someone who is still learning and just coming up on 12 months of playing the game. Have dropped 12 shots so far but a long way to go to be at a respectable level!

Haha very true, I've never made 130 myself but I know its out there. The worst it's been over the last 18 months is 3x 103s.
One at 13th beach creek with 50k winds and hail
One at victoria with a 5 putt and 7 3 putts
And the last at goonawarra when the ball was going further right than it was forward.

Where do you usually play ?

#26 burt328

burt328

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:09 PM

GenYgolf holds fortnightly competitions at different courses using golf link handicaps, check out their website.

http://www.genygolf.com.au/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: competition, victoria, open, course, fees

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users