Stiritup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationSEQLD

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:07 AM

Hi all..

I would really like to know what everyone fees are for Saturday comp and what the prize run down is at your club.

I feel very disappointed in my club.  Our comp fees are $12 and we have 150-200 players each week. The comp fees are at the high end but the prizes are extremely small..  Winner of each grade might get $60-70 voucher. Second might get 25-30 only with a full field.  Our ball run down is usually only 2 shots. In monthly medals we do not even get a medal or trophy. We get half the normal prize money + a $5 Shirt... It a monthly medal not a monthly shirt.. Very cheap shirts with wrong sizes!

I figure they are taking well over 2k most weeks just in fees yet giving back about $400 tops for the members.. When you consider these prizes are only vouchers for overpriced items they make good profits on, This peeves me off

I have only been playing again a few years, however when I played somewhere else about 15 years ago the comp fees were $6 and you would expect $100-$140 for winning and about $80 for second..  Have time changed? Are clubs just having a money grab or is it just mine?

Thanks

• Johnnysuib likes this

#2 Harambe

Harambe

I said "cream" not "green"!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3464 posts
  • LocationBoooooooo

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:35 AM

How much do you pay for membership?

#3 SirTop

SirTop

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2713 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:45 AM

Comp fee at Kogarah is $15 for 7 day membership and $25 for 6 day membership

Prizes are around $35 for first and second and top 30 or so get a ball so you are doing pretty well I think
  • MaxB likes this

Back on the rebound

Goals for 2016:

• Single figures by 2077 (current 10.1) damn chopper

• Single figures (official GA) finally!! 9.4

What’s in the Bag?:

• Nike Covert 2 - with stock stiff
  • Taylormade UDI ... 3 iron back in the bag 
  • Cobra Fly Z 3/4
  • Mizuno JPX 825 pro 4-pw with KBS Tour Shafts
  • Cleveland RTX 588 tour wedge - 58 wedge bent to 60 degree
  • Mizuno MP T4 - 50 degree and 56 degree wedges
  • Taylormade spider putter
  • Clickgear buggy
  • Ball :
  • Vision 808 Pro Soft
  • Titleist NXT Tour 

Red = new / changes to set up

Achievements:

- GA in single figures finally!

#4 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10659 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:10 AM

This has been done a fair bit lately in here.
  • Drive4Show likes this

#5 hazbeen

hazbeen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:32 PM

My first Monday comp today in bloody yonks. $13- to enter. 75 starters + 24 off the reds in a Medley. Ladies & men's 1st prize of $50 each + Medley 2ball winners of $50 each. Add to that ball winners x 45 ($4 ball) + ntp of 6 balls (again $4- ball).
99 x $13 = 1287
Prizes paid = 404

TAKING THE PI$$ at our joint for sure and certain!!

#6 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

I pay $19 each comp round, includes a donation or $2 for the two's.  I get to spend 4-5 hours with a great bunch of guys hitting a little white ball around and talking ****.  I don't care about prize money and think at about $4 an hour I get great bang for my buck.

Just my 2c

• blacksnake, Jiminy and hazbeen like this

5-time winner of the coveted WBT or as Blacksnake puts it 'Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah'

Half of the Trentham Dream Team 

Half of Team Live4Barnesy.  3 from 3, the Dynasty continues

Handicap

#7 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4259 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

Comp fee at Kogarah is $15 for 7 day membership and $25 for 6 day membership
Prizes are around $35 for first and second and top 30 or so get a ball so you are doing pretty well I think

Crikey I'd be looking for a new club , that's daylight robbery
  • voss and hazbeen like this

#8 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6675 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:15 PM

$8.50   we have 2 mag pie holles  and ntps on all par 3's    + balls down the line   as well as a lucky number raffle at presentations

what the run down is depending on the nimbers of the comp on the day

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#9 hazbeen

hazbeen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:20 PM

I pay $19 each comp round, includes a donation or $2 for the two's.  I get to spend 4-5 hours with a great bunch of guys hitting a little white ball around and talking ****.  I don't care about prize money and think at about $4 an hour I get great bang for my buck.

Just my 2c

Each to their own of course.
We punt for much more than can be won in vouchers so it's not the dollars that's worrying me......I just like to get kissed before I get faarked. 3k a year in fees (fair enough), $7- a stubby (fair enough), $35 for a cart (fair enough) $7 a samwich (pricey, but fair enough), 30% payout on a Monday comp (club run) not cool IMO.

#10 hazbeen

hazbeen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:21 PM

$8.50   we have 2 mag pie holles  and ntps on all par 3's    + balls down the line   as well as a lucky number raffle at presentations

what the run down is depending on the nimbers of the comp on the day

Sounds legit......wanna swap!

#11 Eng

Eng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

It's important to know out of the comp fee how much is retained by the golf committee and how much is retained by the pro shop. At our club, roughly half of the comp fee is retained by the golf committee for golf course improvement activities, social events on top of the money collected from the yearly subs. The course is absolutely immaculate as a result. So I am happy to contribute to that cause. Next time your golf committee has an AGM make sure you attend and understand the financials.

• hazbeen likes this

#12 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22852 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:53 PM

Comp fee is $8, about 1/3 comes back as prizes.
Annual membership is cheap and I can play at any of the other nearby courses for just a comp fee (9 courses + reciprocals).
  • Spartan52 likes this

#13 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2782 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:46 AM

$7 at 'Berg and have seen up too $60 for each grade win, up too $30 for 2nd and $20 for 3rd and then $10 and $5 down the line for another 8 or 10 spots I think per grade (would need to check but I think it goes that low).

Add on the $1 for Pro Pin which I have won @ $175 but have seen as high as $220 or as low as $120.

Now if there is a difference and the club (in one way or another) is taking the rest as profit too put back into the club be it in maintenance or subsidizing other things in the restaurant etc then I am happy to assist in some small way besides my membership as I love the place, people and layout.
  • Spartan52 likes this

Cap: 17.9 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#14 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:18 AM

Comp fees are currently $11 at my club which has increased a dollar each of the past 2 years. Field size on Saturday is usually around 200 & approx 140 on Sunday. Each of those days pays $60 for the winners of the 3 grades, no runners up or count back prize. Ball comp is the top 10 in both the morning & afternoon field if comp field exceeds 150 players, only top 10 if less than 150. I think it's on the light side personally but thems the rules I guess.

#15 Mr_C

Mr_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6471 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:52 AM

Prizes are a but light at our club but the pro shop has to pay wages somehow. I don't really care what the comp prize is to be honest. I get more of a thrill just seeing my name up there, even though it's very rarely.
  • Monty85, Rusty_Chopper_1984 and Short Putt Man like this

http://www.golflink....k_No=4070706250

Southbound       

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users