153 replies to this topic

#16 gobligook

gobligook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:01 AM

We are a minnow in big fish league .....

Mate ....we are the highest taxed state

We also generate the most revenue of any state ......

Care to state the facts. But hey this is a footy thread

Fyfe won't get a week.....if you ask many wa footy fans we've seen injustices for years

Yeah, yeah.

I live in Sa, same thing. The only thing is, the only problem with SA & WA teams are the big friggin chips on their shoulders.

• Goldy and Red_Webster like this

#17 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36484 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:34 PM

Yeah, yeah.

I live in Sa, same thing. The only thing is, the only problem with SA & WA teams are the big friggin chips on their shoulders.

I think more the supporters than the teams.

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#18 The-new-dave

The-new-dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2451 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:42 PM

Yeah, yeah.

Chip ...nah just a bump

#19 tigertuff

tigertuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2032 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:17 PM

Im on board the bully bandwagon, hgat??!

Big fan of the way they play their footy -  5 mins into the 2nd qtr they were up 74 -2! then did nothing for the next 2 qtrs. before finishing with another 10 goal blast in the final stanza.

They've matured real quick, would love to see them snag a top 4 spot

• Itchy4Scratch likes this

#20 81air

81air

Suspect

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBris

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:23 PM

They have a lot of points in them and move the ball quickly be interesting to see if the better sides slow that down with the extra pressure.

Edited by 81air, 16 August 2015 - 08:23 PM.

#21 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19074 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

Well, I've got to say, I certainly wasn't impressed with their win over Melbourne.

Yes I thought they played bloody good football for most of the game, against witches hats, but Footscray were friggin abysmal in the 3rd quarter.

Kicking two points in a quarter of football, whilst letting your opposition (Melbourne FFS) .. score 5 goals, certainly isn't going to cut it come finals time.

They were running rings around Melbourne in the first half, and then just shut down completely for a quarter, and didn't even look to be trying.

If I was the Footscray coach, I would have been absolutely ropeable come 3/4 time.

The club hasn't won a game of note since 1954 ......... and that was the one and only game of note they have ever won in their 90 year existence ... yet the bandwagon is growing in voice, and the coach is starting to talk them up.

Perhaps instead of patting themselves on the back for beating Melbourne by a hunge, the players and staff should just sit down during the week and watch a replay of the third quarter, and just the 3rd quarter .... to see for themselves just how far off the mark they are ..... from being a good side.

They should have won that game by 150 at least.

I doubt that they will focus on that 3rd quarter though, cause like most sides who "just get by" over the years, they will be happy enough with the win.

So I reckon it will be a very short finals series for the Dogs this year, and a very rude awakening for them, as "coasters" tend to get caught out when the blowtorch gets pointed in their direction, and I reckon, that's probably what they deserve after what I saw yesterday. ;)

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2017.

#22 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4879 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:09 AM

Well, I've got to say, I certainly wasn't impressed with their win over Melbourne.

Yes I thought they played bloody good football for most of the game, against witches hats, but Footscray were friggin abysmal in the 3rd quarter.

Kicking two points in a quarter of football, whilst letting your opposition (Melbourne FFS) .. score 5 goals, certainly isn't going to cut it come finals time.

They were running rings around Melbourne in the first half, and then just shut down completely for a quarter, and didn't even look to be trying.

If I was the Footscray coach, I would have been absolutely ropeable come 3/4 time.

The club hasn't won a game of note since 1954 ......... and that was the one and only game of note they have ever won in their 90 year existence ... yet the bandwagon is growing in voice, and the coach is starting to talk them up.

Perhaps instead of patting themselves on the back for beating Melbourne by a hunge, the players and staff should just sit down during the week and watch a replay of the third quarter, and just the 3rd quarter .... to see for themselves just how far off the mark they are ..... from being a good side.

They should have won that game by 150 at least.

I doubt that they will focus on that 3rd quarter though, cause like most sides who "just get by" over the years, they will be happy enough with the win.

So I reckon it will be a very short finals series for the Dogs this year, and a very rude awakening for them, as "coasters" tend to get caught out when the blowtorch gets pointed in their direction, and I reckon, that's probably what they deserve after what I saw yesterday. ;)

They kicked 10 goals to 1 in the last quarter after the abysmal 3rd, I don't think Beveridge was very happy with it at all and that's why they came to the party in the last. 

Not too many sides are capable of kicking 24 goals in 3 quarters. 

Plus, as we have seen previously, they are actually capable of scrapping wins together when the pressure is applied and when they aren't playing great footy, that's what good sides do. 

#23 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:37 PM

Do you ever acknowledge good play from the opposition team, Dave, or is it always the result of some AFL driven, Victorian centric, possibly sub-continental, umpiring conspiracy theory?

there is  conspiracy in everything

#24 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3065 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:01 PM

Love watching the doggies up and about

Woof
  • Itchy4Scratch likes this

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 153 mtrs,  27/12/12

#25 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36484 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:43 PM

Whoever loses tonight would count themselves as pretty unlucky.

Great game.

• Ji Bao He likes this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#26 Ji Bao He

Ji Bao He

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16547 posts
  • Location#KW #CHAMPION

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:09 PM

Gee that young Walker has a decent kick on him. Great game tonight. Sick of broncos/cowboys so flicked to mate and watched this instead
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#27 The-new-dave

The-new-dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2451 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:35 PM

Wow what game ...dogs unlucky

They gave everything ...crows bigger bodies told in the end

Dogs will be top 4 next year ......woof woof

#28 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4879 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

Doooogggiiiiiiieeeesssss

#29 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4879 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:38 PM

Fremantle were **** but seriously, what a first half

#30 hazbeen

hazbeen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:48 AM

Most impressive performance so far this weekend IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users