• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 donkey33

donkey33

Suspect

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:05 PM

he said earlier driving OK, should have TGP check the driver is right spec.

I'll definitely be getting the driver looked at. I play a TM R1 at 8 degree as that gets the ball flight correct for me (hit it too high otherwise) but it's erratic. Thing is, I still hit it a bit high so if I miss the fairway, a lot of the time I'll still have a shot at the green (even from another fairway) and can put it on. I think that's why my game has major flaws but my scores don't blow out too much as I can usually get to the green in two most times. Just not as pretty obviously.

Have always felt if I just played irons off the tee, I could shave shots off my score no worries as I'd hit more fairways and my length with irons is fine to get there in two but to get serious, the driver needs to be a serious part of the bag so I definitely want to get that fixed, get a new shaft in and have someone look at the loft/ball flight.

Edited by donkey33, 25 April 2015 - 01:06 PM.

#32 donkey33

donkey33

Suspect

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:08 PM

I'll go see TGP so he can just work out what I need and get the right equipment for my swing. I assume I'll be able to hit a range of different clubs there and can then further explore beyond that even coming back to TGP afterwards.

So, if I liked a Titleist and TM set, I could then go to the TM performance lab and the Titleist fitters and really fine tune it.

TPG has a good range of heads and shafts of the latest gear yeah?

#33 JADO75

JADO75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:46 AM

Get fitted for some 714 AP2's, leave the Vapor's alone. I love TM gear but they'll have something out newer soon & if you don't like the RSi's they'll be worth muck all if you sell them. The AP2's will offer you more than enough forgiveness & still be a great bat when your hcp starts to drop.

#34 donkey33

donkey33

Suspect

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:46 PM

AP2 714s were definitely on my list so I will check them out.

I'm partial to the sliver look though and the AP2 backs to have a bit of colour to them so will need to check them out closely. Steering clear of the TM irons I think as I would like to get a forged club and the RSi2 are forged face only. Not sure I'm good enough to play with the RSiTPs.

#35 LowLife

LowLife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:15 PM

Sorry to steal your thread, but where's Tpg. I'm near Sydney and looking for a good fitter if anyone can help?

#36 donkey33

donkey33

Suspect

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:46 PM

Oakleigh South in Victoria.

#37 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24396 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:55 PM

Donkey, check out the Mizuno range.
  • KEG likes this
Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club
People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
West Gippsland Veterans Champion 2017 & 2018
Olinda Golf Club B Grade champion 2018

#38 donkey33

donkey33

Suspect

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

Donkey, check out the Mizuno range.

Cheers, I'll definitely give them a look then also.

#39 sonofcoco

sonofcoco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:50 AM

If you're not sure which clubs you like go to a few demo nights and test out a range of woods, irons and wedges. Then get custom fitted for whatever it is you like.

#40 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3106 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:03 AM

Mate if he can stretch the budget a bit further I would look at this Cleveland Package.

http://www.golfclear...tegolfsets.html

Everything he needs and even gets a bag.

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 153 mtrs,  27/12/12

#41 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2429 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:51 AM

Donkey, have you found someone with trackman radar? If not then you are just guessing by feel of a club. Dont listen to anyone who says this club or that club will suit you. How would they know if they cant tell you how far you hit it or how much it spins or how well you actually strike the ball. 

Anyone who says they can tell just by their eye is kidding. There is a reason just about every pro uses trackman....

#42 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2429 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:56 AM

PS The Nike Vapor Pro Combo's FOR ME are sensational, with the correct shaft FOR ME. 

They gave me better accuracy and more than a full club extra carry and much better flight and spin numbers. I went to PureForm in Sandringham (used a www.golflinkdeals.com.au deal) to get a full fitting for $199, normally double that. I ended up being there well over 5hrs.

I would recommend to anyone as it showed me massive gains across all my clubs...

• Hat_Trick likes this

#43 Hat_Trick

Hat_Trick

Dr Bob's No.1 Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4705 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:02 PM

PS The Nike Vapor Pro Combo's FOR ME are sensational, with the correct shaft FOR ME. 

They gave me better accuracy and more than a full club extra carry and much better flight and spin numbers. I went to PureForm in Sandringham (used a www.golflinkdeals.com.au deal) to get a full fitting for $199, normally double that. I ended up being there well over 5hrs.

I would recommend to anyone as it showed me massive gains across all my clubs...

Good to hear things are kicking along nicely. Any chance we can tempt you down for a OOM ???

23/08/2015 - Curlewis. 5th Hole. Third Shot. Topped the ball, bounced up and hit my hat. 1 shot penalty. "Hat Trick"

23/11/2014 - Settlers Run. Vic OOM5. 18th tee. Nominee for ISG Hall of Fame Drives. "Air Swing"

#44 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2429 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:23 PM

Maybe a chance for the next one though new business and family (have number two on the way in mid July) is taking up lots a time right now so tend to play early midweek before hitting the office.

#45 Drive4Show

Drive4Show

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2825 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

What did you do for 5hrs? That's a very long time for a fitting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users