26 replies to this topic

#16 Drive4Show

Drive4Show

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2825 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:19 PM

Ocean Dunes should also be finished by the end of the year. I just hope their is enough demand to keep both courses at world class standards.

#17 CameronW

CameronW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationBentleigh East

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:23 AM

Talking to a local last week that said Norman was there not long ago looking at another chunk of land on the other side of the island.

Both courses look fantastic !!!

Won a ball once 

#18 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3062 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:35 PM

No matter how you get there it is going to be way more expensive than travel to Barnbougle so unless they are incredible courses I suspect they may struggle for repeat business. 

Edited by Shanks4ever, 30 April 2015 - 06:36 PM.

#19 Drive4Show

Drive4Show

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2825 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

No matter how you get there it is going to be way more expensive than travel to Barnbougle so unless they are incredible courses I suspect they may struggle for repeat business. 

Will be interesting to see pricing when they finally decide to release it. Cape Wickham are taking bookings for October but its POA at the moment.

#20 wisp

wisp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

The locals have been playing the Cape Wickham course of late. There is only a course there at present without amenities.

#21 Henschke

Henschke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

Looks like this topic needs an update. I organised a golf weekend at King Island with some friends a few weeks ago. Cape Wickham course was a highlight, It was easily the hardest & most beautiful course I have ever played. It takes your breath away standing on most tees & hard to concentrate because of the views. I have played 228 different courses to date & this rates as my number 2. Amazing!

• Madambo, Weetbix and davenic like this

#22 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37479 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:17 PM

What's number 1?

Golflink

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#23 Henschke

Henschke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:44 AM

There are still a few good courses that I haven't played, but so far my number 1 is Kingston Heath.

• Shanks4ever likes this

#24 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3062 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

Looks like this topic needs an update. I organised a golf weekend at King Island with some friends a few weeks ago. Cape Wickham course was a highlight, It was easily the hardest & most beautiful course I have ever played. It takes your breath away standing on most tees & hard to concentrate because of the views. I have played 228 different courses to date & this rates as my number 2. Amazing!

Why don't you buy it? :lol:

• Henschke likes this

#25 Henschke

Henschke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

I'll go you halves

• Shanks4ever likes this

#26 Birdseed

Birdseed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

I was really disappointed in the cape Wickham layout.

The scenery is amazing, unequalled for a golf course. But some of the holes are deadset silly and unplayable in the prevailing wind.

Ocean Dunes was a far more enjoyable test for mine, much more fun to play and conducive to shotmaking, although it's conditioning is some way off CW's.

#27 Northshoregolfinsider

Northshoregolfinsider

Suspect

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:02 PM

It's definitely worth a visit. Amazing location, and some great holes, but conditioning of greens was a bit hit and miss at times. However, general sense of group we went with was that they've overdone the ranking on it. Ocean Dunes has an exceptional front nine (the pick of the two courses) but is let down by a weaker back nine which is far from grown in. When they're slugging $150 per 18 for both courses, I think they may struggle to get the repeat business Barnbougle has managed to drive. Also, if you've got the +1s with you, Barnbougle an easier sale with the wineries etc nearby.

Oh, and that restaurant, Boomerang, which looked great on the Golf Show? Biggest disappointment of all time. Rude service, half lobster at $90 (ridiculous) and no sign of the presentation that was visible on the show. Also, I had a steak there and it was about the same quality as a scotch fillet you could get from woolies!!
  • Commish likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users