Photo

Isg Vic Oom#3 – Sandhurst Club, 7Th June 2015 (The Mouldy Cup)

ISG VIC OOM SANDHURST MOULDY TABLE SERVICE

• Please log in to reply
687 replies to this topic

#676 over the MUFFIN top

over the MUFFIN top

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1834 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:03 AM

kick it home said you guys were slow too

down the 3rd you were already way behind :rolleyes:

& im chilled as bru ;)

like I said we were more than a hole behind tee'ing off because BGH ran late....

none of us took overly long over our shots....except for the 6th of course, yes we did take some time on that hole....

https://www.golf.org...icap/5012905589

- Captain Shagger

- 2017 Southern Golf Club Order of Merit Winner

- 2017 Melbourne Corporate Games Bronze Medalist

- 2015 ISG Vic Annual OOM Champion (A-Grade & Overall)

- 2015 ISG Matchplay Championship Runner Up

- 2015 OOM3 Sandhurst B-Grade Winner and Long Drive winner

- 2015 ACGC National Final-  3rd Individual Aggregate,

- 2015 ACGC National Final-  NTP Day 1 Blue Course Hole 2, NTP Day 2 Green Course Hole 7

- 2015 OOM2 Settlers Run Runner Up

- 2015 OOM1 LeFrogge B Grade Long Drive Winner

- 2014 ISG Vic Annual Order of Merit- B Grade Winner and 3rd Overall 

- 2014 Auto Club Golf Championship- Regional Event KGC- Winner

- 2014 ISG Vic OOM#1@ Sanctuary Lakes GC- Winner 

- 2013 AFL Golf Championship @ Yarra Yarra GC- Winner

- 2013 Stink's 3 Club Challenge- Runner Up 

#677 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18334 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:13 AM

On a side note, does anyone have any recommendations for good golf coaches around the CBD area?

A couple of people use Dion who works out House of Golf in the city I think.

Inkosi is one who can give you a heads up.

• Rusty_Chopper_1984 likes this
Shanklink

OOM Tour
I am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide Tour
Winner 2017 Keysborough Invitational

Choppers Tour
Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine
Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#678 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2841 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:35 AM

Tough morning at the office yesterday, 270 minute round in trying conditions.

Very enjoyable round with the boys ( Phil, Dave and David ) interesting to watch how different players get it done when the wind is so strong. Last minute change to the group as DJ was late to the tee but good organizing skills from CB had it sorted quickly.

The course was in very good nick, except for the bunkers, they all should've been GUR !

Hardest, funkiest, concrete like based traps on the OOM list and close to unplayable ? 

Well done to Oz and a popular winner ( we have talked and will swap handicaps for the next OOM :)

Great to see afew more new faces adding to the group yesterday and to the north side guys for getting up early and travelling out to Sandhurst. Sorry to hear that Deege came to grief with a tree and so close to the course too ( did the tree survive ? )

In hindsight, the harder the conditions the more ways required to get out of trouble. Personally if I'd avoided 2 bunkers ( 1 x fairway & 1 x green side ) 31/33 points would have been attainable.

Jon...  

#679 KEG

KEG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:45 AM

Dear all, sorry for the late scratching.  I was lost this morning in the dark and frustrated that my Google maps was not taking me to the golf course but rather driving me around the Sandhurst estate.  Unfortunately I was focussing on those things and street signs and so on more than I was concentrating on what I was actually doing.  End result was a car banged against a tree.  It was low speed and I wasn't hurt at all, but I managed to just time it perfectly so that one of my wheels took the brunt which got bent, and therefore no more driving in my car.  Feel very stupid, but any story which starts out with you hitting a tree in the dark through a concentration lapse could have been a lot worse.

So disappointed to miss out on the day; I was really looking forward to it and bummed to miss out.  Congrats to Oz and all of the others who had a good day - it sounds like it was a difficult day for many. Looking forward to seeing you all again at the next one.

I hear ya, Google maps took me into the back streets and dropped me in a court and said destination reached!! Flagged down the security car and get directions!! Lol

-2015 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade & Overall Winner
-2016 Team Winner of the Vincent Cup @ Barwon Heads
-2017 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade Winner & N/P
-2017 GDGA Div 5 Pennant Winners (Winchelsea)
-2018 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "A" Grade Winner

-2019 Team Winner Barwon Cup @ Barwon Heads
Single figures reached(9.5) on 28//8/2016
Lowest H/C 6.6 on 8/12/18
PB Round 69/7/62!! (16/3/19) Winchelsea par 69
PB Round 76/11/65 (14/7/18) Curlewis par 72
2018 Nationals Putting God!!😎👊
http://www.golflink....49&dt=1&skip=1#<p><p>https://www.gamegolf.../player/keggolf

#680 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18334 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:58 AM

For those geographically challenged like myself it is easiest to enter the course from Thompsons Rd.  It is only an entrance but finding your way back out through the houses is quite easy.

• WasabiPea_Shooter likes this
Shanklink

OOM Tour
I am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide Tour
Winner 2017 Keysborough Invitational

Choppers Tour
Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine
Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#681 KEG

KEG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:02 PM

What a lovely day to play golf................... Thanks to the boys in my group I feel like I may have dragged you down a little on the day. Started off the day hitting the ok (made par with a 1putt) then my putting let me down BIG time around 7! 3 putts for a grand total of 42 putts............ , started getting very frustrated and combined that with the wind my swing fell apart as I started hitting rather swinging. I did plenty of good shots but the bad ones especially into the wind really cost me ...........25 points.............ill be back, hopefully in better conditions.
  • Rusty_Chopper_1984 likes this

-2015 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade & Overall Winner
-2016 Team Winner of the Vincent Cup @ Barwon Heads
-2017 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade Winner & N/P
-2017 GDGA Div 5 Pennant Winners (Winchelsea)
-2018 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "A" Grade Winner

-2019 Team Winner Barwon Cup @ Barwon Heads
Single figures reached(9.5) on 28//8/2016
Lowest H/C 6.6 on 8/12/18
PB Round 69/7/62!! (16/3/19) Winchelsea par 69
PB Round 76/11/65 (14/7/18) Curlewis par 72
2018 Nationals Putting God!!😎👊
http://www.golflink....49&dt=1&skip=1#<p><p>https://www.gamegolf.../player/keggolf

#682 SteveH115

SteveH115

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

Firstly, thanks to all of the organisers of the day. You all put in plenty of effort to make sure that these days run as smoothly as they do.

Also, thanks to my group for an enjoyable, but long day.

As far as my own game, I had a shocker and let the wind get to me with my shot selection. My expertise in turning easy pars into double bogeys was also on full display for all to marvel at. (Probably the reason we were so slow on the third Kiwi.)
  • KEG likes this

#683 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9405 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:16 PM

Firstly, thanks to all of the organisers of the day. You all put in plenty of effort to make sure that these days run as smoothly as they do.

Also, thanks to my group for an enjoyable, but long day.

As far as my own game, I had a shocker and let the wind get to me with my shot selection. My expertise in turning easy pars into double bogeys was also on full display for all to marvel at. (Probably the reason we were so slow on the third Kiwi.)

At least you hit it past fwy bunker on left at 18th , which was 250m off blue tees, and picked up the LD prize in A grade. well done

• Rusty_Chopper_1984 and SteveH115 like this

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#684 YouGottaHitIt

YouGottaHitIt

8 for 2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1447 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:06 PM

CB80 thanks mate it was a huge turn around in OOM3  from the past 2  and I do not mind coming last is such a great field of compeitors that we have. to me its not about coming 1st or last in these events it is about seeing some great golf amonst our golfing buddies

Also CB no need to go back into the archives

I have won Settlers run  with 33 points  and the same year I also  held the orange jacket in one event

as well as this year I have had naga and a win as well

other then myself I do not think anyone else has achieved the naga and oom  since the creation of these days

Being a BMGC member gives you an unfair advantage though - we should be the title sponsor of the OOM NAGA!

Going from the shithouse to the penthouse in one year is a fine effort though mate - well done  :)

• WasabiPea_Shooter and Rusty_Chopper_1984 like this

If you can read this you're too close!
http://www.golflink....k_No=3040204856

#685 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9405 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:40 AM

As for me, I deserved to score my first NAGA, coming from QLD I was only introduced the concept of 'WIND' since I started playing competition golf again in Melbourne. And it seems me+wind do not pair well. 

On a side note, does anyone have any recommendations for good golf coaches around the CBD area?

Cheers,

SHAWHAWK

shank

call coach garth (pm sent to you) and tell him you need help hitting low punch shots.

Garth is based at Sandhurst ,and can give lessons after hours in the new learning centre there which has trackman.

lots of guys on here use his coaching services.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#686 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4731 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:26 AM

Sorry to hear that Deege came to grief with a tree and so close to the course too ( did the tree survive ? )

Tree had a little scrape on it - much more damage to my car.

Golflink

Winner C Grade Long Drive 2013 OOM #2 Heidelberg

Winner B Grade Long Drive 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Winner B Grade NTP 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#687 Hat_Trick

Hat_Trick

Dr Bob's No.1 Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4708 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:57 AM

Congrats to Oz, GPJ and Muffin for the grade wins.  Big thanks to the organising team who do a great job once again.

Great to be back playing golf with the usual suspects.  Was a good day out for sure, yeah the wind played havoc with the hackers slice but left plenty of smiles on the faces of all.

PeteTheGreenKeeper - what a blast to see them drives. Bang, bang bang. Take the kids out with the putters. 

Bully - I am your bad luck charm.  Every time we tee it up, your style goes right out the window.  At least I did help you not get the NAGA.

Sid - pleasure to meet you.  Seriously a long hitter and a good long distance putter.  More time on the course for you sir.

My bandit tales are the same.  4 wipes, for 30 points. I got tired on the back 9 and could not keep going. 

23/08/2015 - Curlewis. 5th Hole. Third Shot. Topped the ball, bounced up and hit my hat. 1 shot penalty. "Hat Trick"

23/11/2014 - Settlers Run. Vic OOM5. 18th tee. Nominee for ISG Hall of Fame Drives. "Air Swing"

#688 snorkelguru

snorkelguru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:27 AM

Congratulations to all the winners and the organisers for doing such a wonderful job yet again.

It was a tough day under trying conditions. Overclubbing by 2 clubs and still coming up short on the par 3's was a revelation for sure.

It has been a baptism under fire playing the last oom at settlers and this one at sandhurst under windy conditions.

Special thanks for my playing partners for making it a great day out. The best group of ball spotters one could ask for. Sorry I could not stick around, had an anniversary weekend to get back to.

PeteTheGreenKeeper - don't think I have seen anyone strike the ball so hard or long in real life

Bruce_Bully - it was tough going on the day mate, first time playing with you and I could definitely see the glimpses of your actual game with some sublime pitching and chipping. Shake it off man, just a bad day out

Air_Swing - was a pleasure meeting you and thanks for the chat. A most enthusiastic fella with a perennial smile on his face. Kept all of our spirits up. Hope to see you on the course more often.

I personally had a good scrambling day, could have probably got another coupla points here and there if I knew how to count properly and not pick up my ball before I scratched. still 3 wipes for 29 points aint nothing to complain about.

Shawry, commiserations on the NAGA mate, will only make you come back strong for the next one.

• Goldy, Hat_Trick and ShawShank like this

http://www.golflink....k_No=5012901961

2015 OOM2 Settlers Run B Grade Long Drive Winner

2015 ISG 2Bbb NAGA (with littleman)

2016 OOM2 Gardiners Run A Grade Long Drive Winner

2016 OOM2 Gardiners Run A Grade NTP 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ISG VIC, OOM, SANDHURST, MOULDY, TABLE SERVICE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users