Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:22 PM

http://thesandtrap.c...y-on-the-course

Read this

It is an incredible thread from a US site similar to this one about "Concealed Carry"

The first post starts with the words, "I always carry some form of gun when I'm on the golf course"

There are hundreds and hundreds of replies, many of them mocking the notion you might need a gun on course but also a lot of " I never go anywhere without mine"

The most amazing thing is this is not the only thread on the site about the subject.

Edited by Elbarto, 13 March 2015 - 05:25 PM.

See all that stuff inside Homer? That's why your robot wouldn't work.

#18 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27179 posts
  • LocationHere in paradise

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:43 PM

We need them at my local course because the green keeper is dangerous.
Intended to break 90 this year, not going well.

Concentrating just getting round the course

#19 The-new-dave

The-new-dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2451 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:42 AM

http://thesandtrap.c...y-on-the-course

Read this
It is an incredible thread from a US site similar to this one about "Concealed Carry"

The first post starts with the words, "I always carry some form of gun when I'm on the golf course"

There are hundreds and hundreds of replies, many of them mocking the notion you might need a gun on course but also a lot of " I never go anywhere without mine"

The most amazing thing is this is not the only thread on the site about the subject.

Yes and this is why 20,000 people die a year in the sttes from gun deaths

Many of them are family shooting family ...or people who have bad day and then decided to shoot co workers or shoot kids at schools

But hey I'm not going here suffice to say thank god we do t have an American gun culture here ....

If you log onto some usa newspapers you'll see the carnage.

#20 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3065 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:49 AM

The sad thing is 'the right to bear arms' is so ingrained In their culture no presidential hopeful would dare touch it.

Changing or gun laws would almost certainly mean political death

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 153 mtrs,  27/12/12

#21 The-new-dave

The-new-dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2451 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

Yeah

People feel safer with a gun in their pocket because they think the person next to them has a gun in thier pocket and thier gun in thier pocket will be faster and bigger than the gun in the other blokes pocket...confused .....

Yeah me too ...lol

In a nutshell this is it ....using guns to protect yourself from other gun users

The right to bare arms is right to protect yourself from someone else baring arms

Madness.

#22 2Putts

2Putts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9814 posts
  • LocationAs Above

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:19 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=n9dAxNDMTVI

• Francie likes this

If your dad doesn't have a beard then you've got two mums ....

http://www.golf.org....icap/2121504048

#23 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8392 posts
  • LocationTol free Zone

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:07 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=9pOiOhxujsE

• pom likes this

VTTP 006

Miracle

#24 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2782 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:40 AM

Yeah

People feel safer with a gun in their pocket because they think the person next to them has a gun in thier pocket and thier gun in thier pocket will be faster and bigger than the gun in the other blokes pocket...confused .....

Yeah me too ...lol

In a nutshell this is it ....using guns to protect yourself from other gun users

The right to bare arms is right to protect yourself from someone else baring arms

Madness.

The problem is this right to bare arms was written in a time when everyone had a gun and law was in its infancy and there was 1 sheriff and wild animals were an issue and so on. Back when USA was founded a carry of a gun was required. For the time it was written it was correct. 

Unfortunately it never changed with the times and no amendment was made to it because of the whole right to bare arms call. Other laws did, other right have amendments to them. So why not this one?

Simple, not enough people are up in arms (pun intended) to have the law changed. Obama tried\is trying but unfortunately until these politicians grow some balls and actually tell there country some hard truths it never is going to change until one day the US will probably descend into civil chaos....

Cap: 17.9 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#25 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40401 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:16 AM

While the many gun deaths are tragic it's a very long bow to see them leading to civil unrest

The unrest is more likely to arise if the politicians - who are supposed to represent the people - try and force them to give up what they feel is their right

Handicap

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#26 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2782 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:40 AM

While the many gun deaths are tragic it's a very long bow to see them leading to civil unrest

The unrest is more likely to arise if the politicians - who are supposed to represent the people - try and force them to give up what they feel is their right

I said civil chaos not civil unrest Weetbix :)

2 different things... when I say civil chaos (may not be right word but what came to me when writing it) I am meaning that it is going to get worse, a lot worse.

Chaos in that it will happen every other day and just get worse and worse and worse. UNtil it finally gets to a point where the politicians just have to do something and not care about what Joe Public thinks. It is already bad but I can see it getting a lot worse. 

• Tolmij likes this

Cap: 17.9 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#27 The-new-dave

The-new-dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2451 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:50 AM

20,000 people dead each year from guns

Watch bowling for columbine

Now I know mike more is heavily slanted against guns but that film makes a point and a very good one

The problem is 1 in 3 people now have a méntal illness

Now let's put guns in the hands of poeple have issues and are having a bad day ....they've lost thier job or thier partner has cheated on them ......or some other event

We know accessibility to lethal weapons increases the odds of people getting injured or killed ......but yanks juts don't seem to get it or the ones that do get it just get shouted down in any sort of debate on this issue

I've always said ...America thinks it has the answer to world peace and I do give them credit for trying to save the world from evil .....Yet in thier own backyards the carnage continues around them

#28 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9016 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

fmd.......
  • FairwayBomber likes this
6th March 2016 - Beat the ISG Matchplay Champion!

Posted Image

#29 FairwayBomber

FairwayBomber

Just one more putt...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:29 PM

fmd.......

like a moth to a flame...  :D

• GhettoGolfer likes this

No one tells my caddy Kiwi that he is a f#$%^*g pr1ck!!

#30 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9016 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:53 PM

like a moth to a flame...  :D

drawn to the fire!!!!!!!!!

• FairwayBomber likes this
6th March 2016 - Beat the ISG Matchplay Champion!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users