339 replies to this topic

#31 SteveH115

SteveH115

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

So do they give you the results after hitting a pured club and a un pured club of theirs so you can see the difference it makes or do you just take their word?

Nope, you just take their word for it.

• Notupnotin likes this

#32 Notupnotin

Notupnotin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:02 PM

Had a fitting today (Irons & driver) and loved it! hit over 130 balls in 3 hours(buggered after!!) with different shaft and head combinations and boy I couldn't believe the variation in performance. And contrary to my mates experience with one of the other fitters Steve wasn't pushy etc i felt really comfortable that if I'd have said I only want the data that would have been fine.

Went up there looking for a driver and maybe retro fitting my jpx 800s with new shafts. Come out purchasing a driver (R 15  with Graphite Design G Series Red 60S) and some nice shiny Taylormade RSI 1 irons with KBS Tour 90- R shafts :) shhhh don't tell the misses B) .

Loved the process of hitting balls with different shafts then trying different heads to find the best fit using data and the feel of the club. Some just felt wrong when I was swinging the club!

Tried Taylormade, Bridgestone, Mizuno, Calloway and Nike irons and narrowed it down to the RSIs and the JPX 850s but the numbers and feel suggested the RSIs. They also out performed my current 800s by 7mts and the dispersion was a lot better grouping.

Then followed the same process for the driver hitting the R15, Aeroburner, Bigbertha, Bridgestone and M1 heads. It was a no brainer here the R15 was 10mts more(225m from memory) carry than the M1 with better dispersion. Was also way better than the R9 i'm gaming and the HG I was fitted for.

Also got a good deal on the R15 head as its old stock.

So i'll say goodbye to the Mizuno club and eagerly await the call to say my new toys are ready!!

• RobNewy, FairwayBomber, Bernie_Larkham and 1 other like this

-2015 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade & Overall Winner
-2016 Team winner of the Vincent Cup @ Barwon Heads
-2017 ISG Vic OOM#1 Growling Frog "B" Grade Winner & N/P

-2017 GDGA Div 5 pennant winners (Winchelsea)

Single figures reached(9.5) on 28//8/2016
H/C 8.7 on 11/3/17

PB Round 73/9/64 (11/3/17)
http://www.golflink....49&dt=1&skip=1#

https://www.gamegolf.../player/keggolf

#33 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8553 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:28 PM

Had a fitting today (Irons & driver) and loved it! hit over 130 balls in 3 hours(buggered after!!) with different shaft and head combinations and boy I couldn't believe the variation in performance. And contrary to my mates experience with one of the other fitters Steve wasn't pushy etc i felt really comfortable that if I'd have said I only want the data that would have been fine.

Went up there looking for a driver and maybe retro fitting my jpx 800s with new shafts. Come out purchasing a driver (R 15  with Graphite Design G Series Red 60S) and some nice shiny Taylormade RSI 1 irons with KBS Tour 90- R shafts :) shhhh don't tell the misses B) .

Loved the process of hitting balls with different shafts then trying different heads to find the best fit using data and the feel of the club. Some just felt wrong when I was swinging the club!

Tried Taylormade, Bridgestone, Mizuno, Calloway and Nike irons and narrowed it down to the RSIs and the JPX 850s but the numbers and feel suggested the RSIs. They also out performed my current 800s by 7mts and the dispersion was a lot better grouping.

Then followed the same process for the driver hitting the R15, Aeroburner, Bigbertha, Bridgestone and M1 heads. It was a no brainer here the R15 was 10mts more(225m from memory) carry than the M1 with better dispersion. Was also way better than the R9 i'm gaming and the HG I was fitted for.

Also got a good deal on the R15 head as its old stock.

So i'll say goodbye to the Mizuno club and eagerly await the call to say my new toys are ready!!

pleased to hear that you enjoyed the club fitting experience.

will you have the new clubs in time for OOM 5.

• Notupnotin likes this

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#34 FairwayBomber

FairwayBomber

Just one more putt...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:47 PM

Just thought I would share my experience at pureform last week.

I booked 3 hours with steve to look at my irons, driver and putter.

My current irons are the Callaway Apex with Recoil shafts. They perform well, but I feel that I need to really slow down my swing to get good contact. Straight away, Steve had me warm up then hit my 6iron to get a baseline. My dispersion was pretty good, with consistent distance too. He asked me a whole bunch of questions, measured my iron, and a few other things. He went away and got a callaway apex 6iron head and a few different shafts to try out. A few felt nice, and a few felt 'wrong'. After each shaft, he would ask questions etc and proceed to try another shaft. After a while, I tried a shaft from the same make, but with a different weight and stiffness.

Straight away, it felt really really good. I immediately got better launch, spin and smash numbers, and dispersion. Tried a couple more shafts, but went back to the new Recoils. He also got me to try out different heads with that shaft. phew. Echoing Bernie's feedback, there is no 'guessing' with this process. The info is right in front of you on the screen. 

Went through the same process with my driver. Was getting a bit tired and my driver swing was very inconsistent so he told me to come back another time so i will get proper results.

With my putter, he had me do a few tests with the lasers etc. It was quite an eye opener. He checked my loft, lie specs and found that it was bent... :( My blade putter was -1deg loft and the lie angle was completely off. He fixed it on the spot and had me try a few things again. At the end, I was fitted with some weights added into the shaft (right where my hands are). The change in feel (and resulting stabliity) was night and day. Not saying I am now putting like speith, but my distance control is so much better. Combined with the change of lie and loft (now 3.25deg) my putting has changed quite dramatically. It will take a bit of practice, but I feel more confident.

Thats pretty much it, you have confidence that the clubs you are hitting really fits you. There is no guess work. The process of getting the right specs and then building the club is comprehensive, which instills confidence. I have tried numerous fitters (from OEM Ping, titleist, Callaway fitting centre to your House of golf etc,), my 3 hours with Pureform was the best by far.

• Ari, Madambo, RobNewy and 3 others like this

No one tells my caddy Kiwi that he is a f#$%^*g pr1ck!!

#35 Notupnotin

Notupnotin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:48 PM

pleased to hear that you enjoyed the club fitting experience.

will you have the new clubs in time for OOM 5.

Hopefully

H/C 8.7 on 11/3/17

#36 Notupnotin

Notupnotin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:55 PM

Just thought I would share my experience at pureform last week.

I booked 3 hours with steve to look at my irons, driver and putter.

My current irons are the Callaway Apex with Recoil shafts. They perform well, but I feel that I need to really slow down my swing to get good contact. Straight away, Steve had me warm up then hit my 6iron to get a baseline. My dispersion was pretty good, with consistent distance too. He asked me a whole bunch of questions, measured my iron, and a few other things. He went away and got a callaway apex 6iron head and a few different shafts to try out. A few felt nice, and a few felt 'wrong'. After each shaft, he would ask questions etc and proceed to try another shaft. After a while, I tried a shaft from the same make, but with a different weight and stiffness.

Straight away, it felt really really good. I immediately got better launch, spin and smash numbers, and dispersion. Tried a couple more shafts, but went back to the new Recoils. He also got me to try out different heads with that shaft. phew. Echoing Bernie's feedback, there is no 'guessing' with this process. The info is right in front of you on the screen. 

Went through the same process with my driver. Was getting a bit tired and my driver swing was very inconsistent so he told me to come back another time so i will get proper results.

With my putter, he had me do a few tests with the lasers etc. It was quite an eye opener. He checked my loft, lie specs and found that it was bent... :( My blade putter was -1deg loft and the lie angle was completely off. He fixed it on the spot and had me try a few things again. At the end, I was fitted with some weights added into the shaft (right where my hands are). The change in feel (and resulting stabliity) was night and day. Not saying I am now putting like speith, but my distance control is so much better. Combined with the change of lie and loft (now 3.25deg) my putting has changed quite dramatically. It will take a bit of practice, but I feel more confident.

Thats pretty much it, you have confidence that the clubs you are hitting really fits you. There is no guess work. The process of getting the right specs and then building the club is comprehensive, which instills confidence. I have tried numerous fitters (from OEM Ping, titleist, Callaway fitting centre to your House of golf etc,), my 3 hours with Pureform was the best by far.

I was knackered by the end and recon my swing was a little off by then as well, but seemed to get enough good ones to get the right info. But agree it was the best experience.

• FairwayBomber likes this

H/C 8.7 on 11/3/17

#37 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40397 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:53 PM

Great to read your experiences

Handicap

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#38 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8553 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:15 AM

Thanks for sharing experiences guys.

with so many quality fitting services available to golfers why would anyone buy off the rack at a golf store or on line.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#39 Notupnotin

Notupnotin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:26 AM

Thanks for sharing experiences guys.

with so many quality fitting services available to golfers why would anyone buy off the rack at a golf store or on line.

Hell no not if you want to improve the results you get from trying different shaft/head combos is just to good to ignore. The club/shaft I went with in the end just felt right even before I hit a ball with it!

Edited by Notupnotin, 28 October 2015 - 08:26 AM.

H/C 8.7 on 11/3/17

#40 Notupnotin

Notupnotin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:23 AM

Just got my Trackman data from Pureform

R15 10.5deg GD 60 G Series S avg

C/H speed= 94.6mph  ( Old R9 9.5 Relax 60 G S= 93.4rpm)

B/speed = 142.8mph   (131.3)

Smash= 151                (1.41)

Spin= 2543rpm           (3406)

A/Angle= 0.4deg

Path= 4.1deg

Launch= 14.0deg         (16.3)

D/Loft= 15.8deg            (18.8)

Carry= 215.8m              (184.9 I know I can carry it around 10m further)

Total= 236.8m               (203.6  as above)

So at least 15-20m more carry with better dispersion, spin rate down and smash up. Side note I have to work on hitting up on driver as a lot of my swings were down on the day. Will get even more gains apparently!! :)  

RSI 1 Irons KBS Tour 90 R 37.5 (6Iron) avg

C/Speed= 82.2mph

B/Speed= 118.3mph

Smash= 1.44

Spin= 5476rpm (old JPX 800 Nippon 950 R= 4711rpm)

A/Attack= -6.1

Path 0.4deg

Launch= 14.8deg  (13.2)

D/Loft= 19.4deg     (17.6)

Carry= 153.6m      (148)

Total= 163.2m       (162)

HT= 24.2m         (19.2)

Land/Ang= 42.8deg  (37.2)

Overall distance about the same but better height and stopping potential as well as much tighter dispersion pattern over my old JPX 800s. Looked and felt nice even before I hit a ball! Steve kept asking how that shaft felt and you really could tell the difference. There was one shaft in particular that felt wrong and that I couldn't get to work at all. Didn't feel like I could get the club face back to square at all consistently open/shut etc dispersion was everywhere. Went back to the KBS Tour 90 R and bang flushed hit on target! Good to re-hit that shaft/club combo to reconfirm my results.

H/C 8.7 on 11/3/17

#41 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10663 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:39 AM

I think i will make a booking for a putter fitting.

Don't want to make the wrong choice

#42 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40397 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:11 PM

So are you saying that the club didn't work during the fitting but you bought it anyway?

Handicap

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#43 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23871 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:26 PM

Any one who pays $1000 for a driver is a diccckkk

Edited by Poison Dwarf....., 30 October 2015 - 09:27 PM.

• Rusty_Chopper_1984 likes this
Half the Trentham dream team

#44 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:11 AM

I would use these guys. I did and regret it. Was fitted for a driver ($1,000) all wrong. Way too low - 9.5!!!
I contacted them and they said 'give it a couple of months'! Wow! I've purchased heaps of clubs off the shelf and had no nonesnce like this.
After I got irate and contacted their MD, they asked me to come back for another fitting to see what's wrong. I tell you what's wrong - not enough loft.
Anyway, during the first fitting, they tried to sell me into a 3w. I said I couldn't see the differences and their sales guy, Will said that if k didn't like it when I got it that o could get a refund.
So here I am thinking cool. Driver doesn't work, not happy = refund....wrong. Their refund policy:
If the clubs you purchase from Pureform Golf do not perform the same as the clubs you tested during your fitting, we will replace free of charge. Warranty valid for 3 months from date of purchase. Please note that your swing parameters must match as per your original fitting data on TrackMan.
Anyway, so no refund would be offered.
They gave me a 10.5 to try and am hitting it better. Problem is, they've given me a second hand one. I want a new one as I'm paying $1,000 for a new club. They offer a $200 credit note. Are they kidding me. I want to spend more money at these thieves!!!!!
Stay away. Better off buying on eBay.

Why did you buy it if the numbers which are right in front of you were not good?

Can you tell me if your driver was the R15?
  • FairwayBomber likes this

#45 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:13 AM

Any one who pays $1000 for a driver is a diccckkk

New drivers are around 5 to 600.throw in aftermarket shaft and you get pretty close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users