360 replies to this topic

#346 mrbluu

mrbluu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:56 PM

Spent a bit of time reading through this thread, noticed some people made a lot of posts about how positive the experience was etc. For example Bernie Larkham had a lot of good things to say, but looking at the golflink in the sig the handicap has gone from 5 out to 9 since the new bats. There were other people who had good things to say and others who were less than impressed.

I do wonder how broad the knowledge is of the "clubfitters" that work there, seems like the Sydney location is far more experienced. Did people feel like the fitter was simply reading numbers or actually assessing variables in the clients swing?

Like someone mentioned being offered to have their current irons reshafted with KBS tours at a cost of $800, assuming 4-pw that's crazy pills, way over rrp plus labor costs. Interested to know what they charged people for their own labor per club?

As the last post was quite some time ago, has anyone that went in and seen them had buyers remorse, or alternatively found the experience to have been one that has seen improvement in a certain area, and still uses whatever setup they were fit into?

Asking as I'm going in there primarily to get some trackman details, something I have never done so it will be good info to have, but potentially make a purchase as most of my clubs are quite outdated. Certainly if I'm quoted $120 for a nippon or kbs shaft I'll most definitely source my own gear though.

Technically $800 is about right for a set of irons if u are paying full retail for everything.

KBS Shafts $50-60each
Grips $10-20 each
Club build including swing weight $10-20 each.
Loft and lies $5-10 each.

Add all that up it's about $800.

I personally wouldn't pay that but I know how to build my own clubs and can source secondhand equipment. If don't then I would suggest buy a set complete from retailer and hope the manufacturer can build it to the specs u have asked for.

Club fittings are good to get basic numbers and a good source of information, but it's applying that information.

Also all club fittings not matter how good they are are artificial cos they can not replicate competition conditions. Driver fittings are the worse as on the course u never hit driver after driver, depending on the course u play it could be 30-45mins between.
  • madness likes this

#347 ElHosel

ElHosel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

A lot cheaper ways to go about getting track man numbers than paying for a session at Pureform

I didn't know there was an abundance of dirt cheap places that offer Trackman and the ability to hit a whole bunch of different head/shaft setups, I guess in my 3 years not playing things have changed. 

Thanks for the suggestions  :lol:

Edited by ElHosel, 01 April 2018 - 09:08 PM.

#348 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3106 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:52 PM

I didn't know there was an abundance of dirt cheap places that offer Trackman and the ability to hit a whole bunch of different head/shaft setups, I guess in my 3 years not playing things have changed.

Thanks for the suggestions :lol:

Sorry, thought you meant you just wanted trackman numbers to take to a fitter, my bad
  • iRON MiCK likes this

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 153 mtrs,  27/12/12

#349 Hokey Pokey

Hokey Pokey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20438 posts
  • Location.

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:27 PM

I haven’t heard the “weighed our glue” since HG told me that years ago.

Can I ask if he mentioned who their founder was?

#350 ElHosel

ElHosel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:55 PM

I haven’t heard the “weighed our glue” since HG told me that years ago.

Can I ask if he mentioned who their founder was?

I thought he was going to say L. Ron Hubbard but it was someone else, someone Jenner? I wasn't really listening, more like trying my hardest to formulate an escape plan as I'm almost certain I saw a very deep freezer and some "ornamental" meat hooks.

At least find my phone was turned on and hidden away deep in my golf bag.

Fortunately someone else arrived, for a pureform tattoo I believe and I was able to escape. 

Edited by ElHosel, 03 May 2018 - 10:57 PM.

#351 Hokey Pokey

Hokey Pokey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20438 posts
  • Location.

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:57 PM

I thought he was going to say L. Ron Hubbard but it was someone else, someone Jenner? I was really listening more like trying my hardest to formulate an escape plan as I'm almost certain I saw a very deep freezer and some "ornamental" meat hooks.
At least find my phone was turned on and hidden away deep in my golf bag.

Haha, glad you got away. Lucky you didn’t drink any of their kool aid.

Paul Jenner, yeah, nuff said.

#352 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2507 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:09 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

Accra shafts by the box full are quite cheap and come in several flexes too :)

Jon...

Edited by golfguy33, 03 May 2018 - 11:11 PM.

#353 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:50 PM

I love my irons and don't want to change them 
But have often thought about the advantage in having them fitted to suit me. 
I bough them as heads only of eBay about 7 years ago rang the maker with the serial No. and they checked out as originals.
Then bought shafts from Pro sticks America eBay also.
When they arrived I glued the heads and grips together with the spine mark at 9 o'clock.
I wonder if it was dum luck that I play well with them or would I play better if pulled apart and had a professional club fitter do the job in a lab?

#354 Hokey Pokey

Hokey Pokey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20438 posts
  • Location.

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:52 PM

I bough them as heads only of eBay about 7 years ago rang the maker with the serial No. and they checked out as originals.
When they arrived I glued the heads and grips together with the spine mark at 9 o'clock.
I wonder if it was dum luck that I play well with them or would I play better if pulled apart and had a professional club fitter do the job in a lab?

Sometimes with golf gear the less you know the better as a player.

It can do your head in when you start fiddling around, but it can be fun.
  • PuttOvr likes this

#355 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2507 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:58 PM

The SST puring method and the spine orientation that they use is still being debated by HG. They dissolved their business partnership because one said the prominent spine should be placed at 9 o'clock and the other said it needed to be at 12 o'clock.

I think you have put the " spine " into the wrong position, for what it's worth !

Jon...    

#356 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:05 AM

The SST puring method and the spine orientation that they use is still being debated by HG. They dissolved their business partnership because one said the prominent spine should be placed at 9 o'clock and the other said it needed to be at 12 o'clock.

I think you have put the " spine " into the wrong position, for what it's worth !

Jon...    

Thanks Jon... at least  there all in the same spot 
I am working my way through this topic now its awesome reading ...... ok well back to page 13 
Thanks again 

#357 mrbluu

mrbluu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:02 AM

Sometimes with golf gear the less you know the better as a player.

It can do your head in when you start fiddling around, but it can be fun.

Fark there must be something wrong with me cos I agree with FatPrick again. 

You can have all the specs in the world and sometimes clubs just work cos you things it looks good ;)

• Commish, CaNadiAn MiCk and iRON MiCK like this

#358 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11149 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:54 PM

I have done a full bar fitting with PureForm.

The only thing i brought from them was my 3w

But I'm using the driver, 3w and irons and have zero regrets
  • iRON MiCK likes this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407059

So Max, if I don't respond to your comments, it's just because I'm ignoring you because I think you're an arsehole

#359 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:40 AM

I have done a full bar fitting with PureForm.

The only thing i brought from them was my 3w

But I'm using the driver, 3w and irons and have zero regrets

Hi Rob 
Am I right to assume  If I went to Pureform golf 
And purchased a new driver from them, they would go through my bag and fits all my clubs?
I no nothing about the fitting process or Pureform golf 

#360 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:59 PM

GOOD ol HG, i honestly think tjey were on the right track and had some goid ideas they were just overpriced and they had no marketing, hard to compete with the big boys who pay players to play their gear, even Nike pulled the pin.

Godd to see Hogan coming back in an online method.
  • madness likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users