347 replies to this topic

#346 mrbluu

mrbluu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1206 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:56 PM

Spent a bit of time reading through this thread, noticed some people made a lot of posts about how positive the experience was etc. For example Bernie Larkham had a lot of good things to say, but looking at the golflink in the sig the handicap has gone from 5 out to 9 since the new bats. There were other people who had good things to say and others who were less than impressed.

I do wonder how broad the knowledge is of the "clubfitters" that work there, seems like the Sydney location is far more experienced. Did people feel like the fitter was simply reading numbers or actually assessing variables in the clients swing?

Like someone mentioned being offered to have their current irons reshafted with KBS tours at a cost of $800, assuming 4-pw that's crazy pills, way over rrp plus labor costs. Interested to know what they charged people for their own labor per club?

As the last post was quite some time ago, has anyone that went in and seen them had buyers remorse, or alternatively found the experience to have been one that has seen improvement in a certain area, and still uses whatever setup they were fit into?

Asking as I'm going in there primarily to get some trackman details, something I have never done so it will be good info to have, but potentially make a purchase as most of my clubs are quite outdated. Certainly if I'm quoted $120 for a nippon or kbs shaft I'll most definitely source my own gear though.

Technically $800 is about right for a set of irons if u are paying full retail for everything.

KBS Shafts $50-60each
Grips $10-20 each
Club build including swing weight $10-20 each.
Loft and lies $5-10 each.

Add all that up it's about $800.

I personally wouldn't pay that but I know how to build my own clubs and can source secondhand equipment. If don't then I would suggest buy a set complete from retailer and hope the manufacturer can build it to the specs u have asked for.

Club fittings are good to get basic numbers and a good source of information, but it's applying that information.

Also all club fittings not matter how good they are are artificial cos they can not replicate competition conditions. Driver fittings are the worse as on the course u never hit driver after driver, depending on the course u play it could be 30-45mins between.
  • madness likes this

#347 ElHosel

ElHosel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

A lot cheaper ways to go about getting track man numbers than paying for a session at Pureform

I didn't know there was an abundance of dirt cheap places that offer Trackman and the ability to hit a whole bunch of different head/shaft setups, I guess in my 3 years not playing things have changed. 

Thanks for the suggestions  :lol:

Edited by ElHosel, 01 April 2018 - 09:08 PM.

#348 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3085 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:52 PM

I didn't know there was an abundance of dirt cheap places that offer Trackman and the ability to hit a whole bunch of different head/shaft setups, I guess in my 3 years not playing things have changed.

Thanks for the suggestions :lol:

Sorry, thought you meant you just wanted trackman numbers to take to a fitter, my bad
  • iRON MiCK likes this

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 153 mtrs,  27/12/12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users