#16 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:05 PM

Have you got your kit yet?

I'm going in on Sat to have a looksee with a voucher I received..

Arrive some time tomorrow from Sydney. They build them all up there. They got a lot of the stock from US that they cant get here also I think....)

I'll try and take some snaps. The guy in Sydney reckons they're pretty sharp looking set (he would though right...)

• RobNewy and ink like this

#17 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4252 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:22 PM

Arrive some time tomorrow from Sydney. They build them all up there. They got a lot of the stock from US that they cant get here also I think....)

I'll try and take some snaps. The guy in Sydney reckons they're pretty sharp looking set (he would though right...)

Bernie, had you ever had a fitting previously? Can you compare any of the different types?

#18 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:42 PM

Itchy I think I've had 3 different types of fittings, use that term a little loosely.

First was to have my old callaway x16s checked out at TGP. Garth checked lies and basically said to get better look for forged head like mp52 and a stiff shaft. It was better than what I had but not terribly scientific or thorough but was next to nothing cost wise.

Second was my first live exposure to trackman with Brook Salmon at a titleist fitting day for me driver. Obviously there are limitations with only titty kit to choose from. I knew then trackman fitting was a must au some stage.

Pure form was fast and away the most thorough and first off any real cost, both time and money.

After that session I have come to the conclusion you can't fit properly without track man. You just can't unless you are happy to guess a heck of a lot of things.

How can you judge ball flight, spin, distance, launch angle etc without it? Quite simply you can't do it, it's impossible.

So when I see people recommending this fitter or that fitter and hear their stories I tend to shudder a little. But then you don't know what you don't know.

If you can do a full bag for 199 just do it, you'll love it. You don't have to buy, they are not cheap but you will have all the specs you need to try and have it built yourself if you wish.
  • FairwayBomber and ink like this

#19 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4252 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:05 PM

Itchy I think I've had 3 different types of fittings, use that term a little loosely.
First was to have my old callaway x16s checked out at TGP. Garth checked lies and basically said to get better look for forged head like mp52 and a stiff shaft. It was better than what I had but not terribly scientific or thorough but was next to nothing cost wise.
Second was my first live exposure to trackman with Brook Salmon at a titleist fitting day for me driver. Obviously there are limitations with only titty kit to choose from. I knew then trackman fitting was a must au some stage.
Pure form was fast and away the most thorough and first off any real cost, both time and money.
After that session I have come to the conclusion you can't fit properly without track man. You just can't unless you are happy to guess a heck of a lot of things.
How can you judge ball flight, spin, distance, launch angle etc without it? Quite simply you can't do it, it's impossible.
So when I see people recommending this fitter or that fitter and hear their stories I tend to shudder a little. But then you don't know what you don't know.
If you can do a full bag for 199 just do it, you'll love it. You don't have to buy, they are not cheap but you will have all the specs you need to try and have it built yourself if you wish.

Thanks mate thats a great post. I definitely should just bite the bullet.

#20 tour grinder

tour grinder

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8323 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:34 PM

Thanks mate thats a great post. I definitely should just bite the bullet.

Itchy

did you know there is a trackman fitting facility at PGA learning centre in Sandhurst.

I recently did a Trackman fiiting there comparing two driver shafts.

Bernei is correct, need to see what bal spin islanch angle etc as wel las just distance.

On Trackman there is a featrue called Optimizer and it tells you via a little graph when the club is tuned to best for your swing.

definitely worth a go. They also have a SAM putter lab as well.

send me a pm if you need number of the centre.

• Itchy4Scratch likes this
2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2016 3 x winner on SGA tour.

2015 SGA tour Match play champion

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#21 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35445 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:39 PM

Wow.

That last post of CB's broke my computer.
  • Weetbix, RobNewy, blindman and 1 other like this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#22 tour grinder

tour grinder

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8323 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:09 AM

Wow.

That last post of CB's broke my computer.

My computer had been drinking red organic wine and writting got a bit slurred.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2016 3 x winner on SGA tour.

2015 SGA tour Match play champion

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#23 FairwayBomber

FairwayBomber

Just one more putt...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1392 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:47 PM

anyone know of any specials or vouchers for pureform?

No one tells my caddy Kiwi that he is a f#$%^*g pr1ck!!

#24 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23703 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:23 AM

anyone know of any specials or vouchers for pureform?

your spesh mate

• FairwayBomber likes this
Half the Trentham dream team

#25 Notupnotin

Notupnotin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

Been reading up on Pureing of shafts and there's a lot of arguments both for and against. What are peoples thoughts on Pureing shafts? is it worth the extra coin? How much difference does it make if any? And when they fit you is it a pured shaft your using or just a regular shaft?

-2015 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade & Overall Winner
-2016 Team winner of the Vincent Cup @ Barwon Heads
-2017 ISG Vic OOM#1 Growling Frog "B" Grade Winner & N/P

-2017 GDGA Div 5 pennant winners (Winchelsea)

Single figures reached(9.5) on 28//8/2016
H/C 8.7 on 11/3/17

PB Round 73/9/64 (11/3/17)
http://www.golflink....49&dt=1&skip=1#

https://www.gamegolf.../player/keggolf

#26 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11463 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:32 AM

Been reading up on Pureing of shafts and there's a lot of arguments both for and against. What are peoples thoughts on Pureing shafts? is it worth the extra coin? How much difference does it make if any? And when they fit you is it a pured shaft your using or just a regular shaft?

there is a long thread in here somewhere discussing this already

#27 SteveH115

SteveH115

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:17 PM

I did a fitting at Pureform a little while ago.  They offer a money back guarantee that if the clubs they make for you, don't perform the same as when you were fitted, you can get your money back.  The proviso is that you must have the clubs assembled by them and that would include puring.

I think the whole puring thing is rubbish as any differences would be so tiny that I doubt anyone would be able to tell even the slightest difference.

#28 The Pres

The Pres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17851 posts
  • Location.

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:29 PM

I think the whole puring thing is rubbish

+1

#29 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:09 PM

I'm a believer in flo and for a few extra bucks why not take out another variable that can have a negative impact on your shoot.

#30 Notupnotin

Notupnotin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:20 AM

I did a fitting at Pureform a little while ago.  They offer a money back guarantee that if the clubs they make for you, don't perform the same as when you were fitted, you can get your money back.  The proviso is that you must have the clubs assembled by them and that would include puring.

I think the whole puring thing is rubbish as any differences would be so tiny that I doubt anyone would be able to tell even the slightest difference.

So do they give you the results after hitting a pured club and a un pured club of theirs so you can see the difference it makes or do you just take their word?

-2015 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade & Overall Winner
-2016 Team winner of the Vincent Cup @ Barwon Heads
-2017 ISG Vic OOM#1 Growling Frog "B" Grade Winner & N/P

-2017 GDGA Div 5 pennant winners (Winchelsea)

Single figures reached(9.5) on 28//8/2016
H/C 8.7 on 11/3/17

PB Round 73/9/64 (11/3/17)
http://www.golflink....49&dt=1&skip=1#

https://www.gamegolf.../player/keggolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users