#2446 BumpunGrind

BumpunGrind

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13412 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:04 PM

and I have been sprung a few times this morning looking at the aerial image website, measuring the holes and looking at the best positions. 

It's fair to say that I am most excited again, still 

• Weetbix, RobNewy and upnin like this

#teamgrank

#theyarenotmypants

#hashtag

#2447 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24819 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:17 PM

Such enthusiasm, Bumpy.
If you played more often, you might become a little more blasé about just another round of golf.
Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club
People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
West Gippsland Veterans Champion 2017 & 2018
Olinda Golf Club B Grade champion 2018

#2448 BumpunGrind

BumpunGrind

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13412 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:30 PM

If I was playing lots of days a week and I became blase about the game, it would be time to give it away.

what is the point in doing something that you're not keen on? that would just be silly and I don't want people to think I am silly. 

that really is an odd thing for anyone to say about something we play because we enjoy playing it. 

• Weetbix, Goldy, koiom K. Asterisk* and 2 others like this

#teamgrank

#theyarenotmypants

#hashtag

#2449 VijayJay

VijayJay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:43 PM

I accidentally clicked the button to take me to the very first page. Not going to lie, I did read the first 20 odd pages again.

you do seem to talk a good game for not really appearing to play all that much. 

I do like the cuts off your job though, it was a good read. I do admit that I only got through the 1st handful of pages though. I like what you were doing with the clothes comments

• CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

#2450 VijayJay

VijayJay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:50 PM

correction: cuts off your jib. 

#2451 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 15490 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:00 PM

you do seem to talk a good game for not really appearing to play all that much. 

I do like the cuts off your job though, it was a good read. I do admit that I only got through the 1st handful of pages though. I like what you were doing with the clothes comments

You have to see his fashion sense when he does play!

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#2452 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3142 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:38 PM

You have to see his fashion sense when he does play!

I think Bump times his golf rounds to coincide with changing fashions. About the same regularity.

• CaNadiAn MiCk and Francie like this

#2453 BumpunGrind

BumpunGrind

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13412 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:50 PM

well, at least I looked good...

It was a light bulb moment that changed my entire mindset for the rest of the round. 

I am not the player that I once was, my expectations are now in line with my abilities which have severely diminished with the amount of golf I now play.

That aside, and in line with the above reasons, I was a little later leaving than I had wanted as I had some fun domestic duties to attend to before I made my way through the magnificent iron gates of the course. I will always be happy to be late when I get to play with the girls before I go.

I go to the locker rooms, apply the sunscreen, comb my hair and away I go to check in and get a bucket of range balls for a warm up hit. 

For the $5 I paid to get the bucket, the machine spat out 3 balls. I couldn't think of anything better to spend money on than $1.65 per ball. Anyway, I meet up with Weets and hit come chips with my special range balls. By the time we'd got my shiit together and gone back to say that the machine must be jammed, it was too close to tee off time to get another bucket - so fingers crossed the first drive went in the air. 

and did it what!! High and right and dead under the big fig tree. I was zero chance of hitting it on in two. An easy two putt bogey set the tone of the day.

It did feel like I was close for most of the day but very much lacked touch and talent to score well. There were a couple of holes where I just missed my line and got dead. Or misreading (even mishitting) some easy putts, I say that were easy because Upnin had probably just drained one from 8 feet, again.

Upnin was a magician with his putter yesterday and made it all look so damn easy and effortless. 

Highlights were without doubt watching Up and DK effortlessly carve it up. Nothing overly spectacularly, just very solid golf. It was a pleasure to be part of the group. 

I did par both 2 and 12 after not taking driver so that was a win and I nearly holed my tee shot on 17, which is still one of my favourite holes. I still played some really nice shots, but the inconsistency was what killed any chance of doing anything remotely to the level of Upnin. 

I know my handicap is at least less than half of what it should be and I feel far from worthy of playing these nice courses.  

But as always, it was an absolute pleasure to not only play with Upnin, but to watch him play his flawless game was worth every penny. 

Weets also had a very well earned victory off the stick against me!

• CaNadiAn MiCk, RobNewy, Goldy and 1 other like this

#teamgrank

#theyarenotmypants

#hashtag

#2454 Ink🐾

Ink🐾

Pawsome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35732 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:24 PM

Good win rump

#2455 upnin

upnin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:46 PM

Bump, I think you are being a bit harsh on yourself.

Let's face it, you don't exactly get to tee it up on a regular basis, and I am sure it would not take very many range sessions for it to come around. Perhaps at this stage, time with the kids is more important.

You said that before your next hit you might give some thought to a bit of practice. As I mentioned, I have plenty of ball credit at Vic Park which you are welcome to use anytime. Just let me know when and I'll make arrangements to get the key to you.

As for us carving up, I'll more than likely come back to earth with a thud when I venture out next weekend. Unless I can get my driving sorted I have to rely too heavily on my short game, and as Lee Trevino said "Dogs that chase cars and golfers who have to one-putt for pars have no future!" 

Both yourself and Weetie are great company and I'm sure we'll get another hit arranged when we are all available.

• BumpunGrind, Weetbix and hack2489 like this

#2456 BumpunGrind

BumpunGrind

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13412 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:23 PM

Thank you, Upnin.

I am no doubt preaching to the converted when I say it's frustrating when I know I can do better, I just couldn't rely any any sort of touch and control haha
  • CaNadiAn MiCk and upnin like this

#teamgrank

#theyarenotmypants

#hashtag

#2457 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 15490 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:25 PM

Thank you, Upnin.

I am no doubt preaching to the converted when I say it's frustrating when I know I can do better, I just couldn't rely any any sort of touch and control haha

feel your pain bro

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#2458 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3624 posts
  • Location10m past Natnkyls

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:20 PM

Bump, I think you are being a bit harsh on yourself.

Let's face it, you don't exactly get to tee it up on a regular basis, and I am sure it would not take very many range sessions for it to come around. Perhaps at this stage, time with the kids is more important.

You said that before your next hit you might give some thought to a bit of practice. As I mentioned, I have plenty of ball credit at Vic Park which you are welcome to use anytime. Just let me know when and I'll make arrangements to get the key to you.

As for us carving up, I'll more than likely come back to earth with a thud when I venture out next weekend. Unless I can get my driving sorted I have to rely too heavily on my short game, and as Lee Trevino said "Dogs that chase cars and golfers who have to one-putt for pars have no future!" 

Both yourself and Weetie are great company and I'm sure we'll get another hit arranged when we are all available.

Sounds like you need a fourth player........
Almost regarded by one member as the best non-golf playing golfer on this forum.

#2459 upnin

upnin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1641 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:13 PM

Sounds like you need a fourth player........

Could be........

• BumpunGrind likes this

#2460 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3624 posts
  • Location10m past Natnkyls

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:08 PM

Could be........

Robnewy moved nearby. Solved.
  • RobNewy likes this
Almost regarded by one member as the best non-golf playing golfer on this forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users