#31 Harambe

Harambe

I said "cream" not "green"!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3460 posts
  • LocationBoooooooo

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

Australian Trainee of the year 2015 and winner of Qld Trainees OOM, DIDNT even get an invite to the Open. Go figure...........

Why would he? He would have got an invite to the PGA though.

#32 Harambe

Harambe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3460 posts
  • LocationBoooooooo

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:40 PM

Ed is actually a good example. With the rejigging of the exemption categories there is some chance that he will miss out on a category altogether, pending what happens at the NSW PGA. I haven't seen the full revised categories there was talk that the 61-75th on the OOM category would be scrapped. Even if it's not, a poor showing this week will see him outside of the top 60 and won't get any T1 starts next season.

This is a guy that won Q School, has a T3, a 6th and a 7th in 14 starts and unless he has a good week this week, will miss out on all the T1's next year and may not even have a card. He's finished top 7 in a third of his T2 starts, a pretty bloody good effort but is going to be back to struggle city again next year.

It's just so heavily weighted towards the T1's, your entire year relies on having your game catch fire on one of those 3 or 4 weeks. Even the best players can stink it up for 3 tournaments on the trot, it happens all the time. This of course assumes you even qualify for the T1's, Q School grads are totally pushing the proverbial uphill. It's a case where blind luck trumps raw talent unfortunately, and the raw talent heads overseas where there are more than a handful of tournaments and no 1500% increase in prizemoney between one tournament and the next.

I still can't work out why WGC events don't count towards the Australian OOM.

#33 Li Ning

Li Ning

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16426 posts
  • Location#KW #CHAMPION

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:41 PM

Not sure, if he did or not, as he was working Thursday morning.
Would have been a nice reward for his effort over the year, just saying.
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#34 JCA

JCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:20 PM

Not sure, if he did or not, as he was working Thursday morning.
Would have been a nice reward for his effort over the year, just saying.

The trainee invites go by national ranking but the problem is they are in the lowest exemption category so even if they are eligible, they still have to pre Q for the majority of tournaments, even a lot of the T2's.

• Li Ning likes this

#35 Li Ning

Li Ning

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16426 posts
  • Location#KW #CHAMPION

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for that I don't get into the nitty gritty of local golf.
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#36 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8375 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:12 PM

I just saw the OOM.  Aren't WGC events co-sanctioned? Why don't they count?

OOM wins counts big time with ISGVicTour, just ask this years winners Muffinman and Snap hooker. They get a new golf bag for winning.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2016 3 x winner on SGA tour.

2015 SGA tour Match play champion

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#37 Harambe

Harambe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3460 posts
  • LocationBoooooooo

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:26 PM

OOM wins counts big time with ISGVicTour, just ask this years winners Muffinman and Snap hooker. They get a new golf bag for winning.

**** Victoria
  • Li Ning likes this

#38 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8375 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:14 AM

**** Victoria

Thats not very nice Kyrgios.

• Li Ning likes this
2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2016 3 x winner on SGA tour.

2015 SGA tour Match play champion

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#39 Harambe

Harambe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3460 posts
  • LocationBoooooooo

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:35 AM

Thats not very nice Kyrgios.

Neither is Victoria.
  • Li Ning likes this

#40 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3085 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 06:46 PM

Bruce

Is OneAsia in the final death throes?

Some tournaments have disappeared, total of 4 for the year. Why does Golf Australia still persist with their tournament on this pathetic schedule?

Ill conceived idea from the beginning me thinks should have hooked our wagon to the Asian tour from the beginning. The PGA and GA have managed it terribly imo.

#41 bruce

bruce

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3177 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:08 PM

Shanks - this is a subject we have discussed previously.

There was a time when the PGA Tour of Australasia felt that OneAsia was the saving grace for emerging Australasian golfers and you could argue that a few young players gained a significant boost from the OneAsia Tour such as Mike Hendry Nick Cullen, Kurt Barnes and Matthew Griffin to name but a few, those players picking up a cheque for US$180,000 for winning an event on that schedule along with others who finished well in those US$1 million events. 

It (The PGA) tied its wagon to the OneAsia Tour with their involvement with the PGA Championship and their joint venture with OneAsia and Brian Thorburn was actually on the Board of OneAsia for a while but for a range of reasons which are too many to outline here it has not worked.

It seemed for some like a good idea at the time but it does not appear to be the work of Einstein to realise that two tours in Asia was never sustainable.

I can't see any future for One Asia as a stand alone entity. It seems the PGA Tour of Australasia have escaped relatively unscathed for their decision to run with One Asia other than the vehicle they were trying to create for their members is no longer.  

• Shanks4ever likes this

#42 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3085 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:54 AM

Do you think Golf Australia will follow the PGA tour to a co-sanctioning euro event after this year?

#43 bruce

bruce

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3177 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:28 AM

Do you think Golf Australia will follow the PGA tour to a co-sanctioning euro event after this year?

I am not sure how long the arrangement with OneAsia is in place for Shanks but either way the one thing you can say about the Australian Open is that it has been a very successful event despite its sanctioning arrangements.

Certainly the help of the NSW government has allowed us to see the likes of Jordan Spieth, Adam Scott play the event regularly and it is, as indeed it should be, the biggest regular event on the Australasian calendar. Maybe not in terms of prize-money but certainly in terms of prestige and class.  

• Old Poppy likes this

#44 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3085 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:32 AM

I am not sure how long the arrangement with OneAsia is in place for Shanks but either way the one thing you can say about the Australian Open is that it has been a very successful event despite its sanctioning arrangements.

Certainly the help of the NSW government has allowed us to see the likes of Jordan Spieth, Adam Scott play the event regularly and it is, as indeed it should be, the biggest regular event on the Australasian calendar. Maybe not in terms of prize-money but certainly in terms of prestige and class.  

Agreed, the top end of the field is quality but because of the various exemptions throughout Asia required a lot of local members of the PGA don't get a start taken by players that have no hope.

#45 blacksnake

blacksnake

BS.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2752 posts
  • Locationa hole in the ground .

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

The ISG NSW tour is going from strength to strength .

With many interstate golfers playing also.

Say No More.

BS :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .

• BarnEsy05 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users