Photo

Distance Between Green To Next Tee Extending Round Times!

Distance Round times

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DeanoBravo

DeanoBravo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:50 AM

Has anyone else noticed that most new courses the distance between the tee's and the previous green is getting further and further adding time to rounds. This is definitely the case for my home course of Forest Resort which is definitely designed to be played with a cart rather than walk as golf was intended. Anyone else noticed this or have the same issues at your course?

• Madambo likes this

#2 Joe79

Joe79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2413 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

Genuine question

Is it adding to game time? Or is it giving time to allow you to get from Green to Tee with the group in front (hopefully) onto or have had their 2nd shots allowing you to basically tee up and go?

If groups in front still waiting my guess would be would have too look at why these groups are still going slow and adding time to the round?

As said genuine question. Course near me has distance from green to tee and have noticed minimal backup on them even when playing behind other groups because they are gone by the time we get to the next tee so we aren't being held up on most 95% of holes.

Cap: 16.2 Gamegolf

WITB: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha Mini 1.5 12* on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 56* S Grind | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Spares: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on "Made For" Prolaunch Red Stiff 46" | 9.5 Razr Fit Extreme on Prolauch Red Stiff 45" | X Series Jaw Slate 58* C Grind | X Series Jaw Slate 50* C Grind | X Series Jaw Slate 54* C Grind | X Series Jaw Slate 58* C Grind | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 60* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#3 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11234 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

In some instances, course development companies also look to make as much "sellable" land available overlooking a golf course. 

• DeanoBravo likes this

#4 DeanoBravo

DeanoBravo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Genuine question

Is it adding to game time? Or is it giving time to allow you to get from Green to Tee with the group in front (hopefully) onto or have had their 2nd shots allowing you to basically tee up and go?

If groups in front still waiting my guess would be would have too look at why these groups are still going slow and adding time to the round?

As said genuine question. Course near me has distance from green to tee and have noticed minimal backup on them even when playing behind other groups because they are gone by the time we get to the next tee so we aren't being held up on most 95% of holes.

With a membership which is pushing towards retirement age as a general rule the hills and distance between greens is a real issue and many opt for a cart as this allows them to keep up the pace of play. Meaning they are not out of breath for that next tee shot.

With everyone having to play the same course i can't see the groups in front as the issue its more the items i mentioned as no matter the course there are always hold ups as we all hit off line from time to time even those blokes on the telly!

Playing as a four in a stroke round is 4:15-4:30 easily where ever other course in town is easily 4:15 on a long bad day with most generally at 4hrs or under

#5 2Putts

2Putts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9552 posts
  • LocationDown on the farm

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

There are a couple of hikes at my course due to the need for more housing space as Madam suggested.

It probably adds about 300 odd metres to the course which isn't that much really .... how long does it take your average human being to walk 300m :unsure:

http://www.golflink....k_no=2121701916

After all is said and done ..... more will be said than done .....

#6 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5610 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

http://www.golf-dire...ory-of-golf.htm

If a golfer from 200 years ago played our courses they would be amazed. Two centuries ago a player had to tee his ball within one club length of the hole.

• Madambo, Tolmij and DeanoBravo like this

#7 2Putts

2Putts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9552 posts
  • LocationDown on the farm

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

200 years ago they probably had more than 8 minutes between tee times :)

• Madambo, DeanoBravo and wisp like this

http://www.golflink....k_no=2121701916

After all is said and done ..... more will be said than done .....

#8 K K Kenny

K K Kenny

The artist formerly known as HCWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4527 posts
  • LocationMid north coast, NSW

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

I considered joining Tallwoods a few years back. one of the reasons i declined was that i dislike playing in carts and the hike from green to the next tee was difficult. The issue there isnt so much about distance , its about the steepness of the walk. The trip from 3-4, 5-6, 13-14 and 16-17 are a struggle in a cart sometimes

• Shimonko likes this

#9 blacksnake

blacksnake

BS.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2713 posts
  • Locationa hole in the ground .

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

Only if you walk slow between green to tee.

Say No More.

BS :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

#10 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

FLABBERGASTED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28259 posts
  • LocationIn Disbelief

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

Having just played Hamilton Island there are multiple long green to tee trips, the longest from 17 to 18 would have to be about 1km.

Luckily there it is a very casual setup and no-one is in a rush, it is not a course to fly around.

• Madambo and Weetbix like this

A

DON'T LET THE BLACK DOG WIN...

HELP IS OUT THERE

5 Time ISG NSW WBT Winner

2013 ISG NSW WBT COC Runner Up

2015 ISG NSW WBT COC

2nd ISG NSW Life Member Inductee

2012 Inaugural ISG National Supreme Putting Champion .

2013 ISG National Championships...13th place...now that's desperately unlucky

2013 ISG National Championships...3rd Place 2nd Round - Moonah Links
2014 ISG National Championships...13th place...no other golfer could be that desperately unlucky 2 years in a row!

2015 ISG National Championships...21st place...that's farked

2016 ISG National Championships...waaaaay down the list.

2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Yarra Yarra Satellite Game 

2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Huntingdale Satellite Game

2016 ISG National Championships...Captain of winning NSW Team, SOO.

2013 Inaugural Brass Yacht Winner

2014 Brass Yacht Winner

2015 Brass Yacht Runner-up

2016 Brass Yacht Winner

Life Motto: "If it's free, it's for me!"

Team Live4BarnEsy...forever undefeated angel-2-smiley-emoticon.gif

Desperately Unlucky ©

#11 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11528 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

There are a couple of hikes at my course due to the need for more housing space as Madam suggested.

It probably adds about 300 odd metres to the course which isn't that much really .... how long does it take your average human being to walk 300m :unsure:

Some of the groups  that I have seen. As long as 5 minutes...

Actually we have a 3  reasonable hikes. one would be a good 100m. The other from 11 to 12 . as much as 200-250 depending on tee positions on the day. And 15 to 16 would be another 200.

Having said that. 4 hours walking is easily achievable without any rushing.

Member of the Vision Test Pilot Project.
No VTPP11

#12 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21630 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

The worst I have seen was at the Launceston Country Club - about 1km from 9th green to 10th tee. They should run a shuttle bus.
  • pom likes this

#13 Harambe

Harambe

I said "cream" not "green"!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3444 posts
  • LocationBoooooooo

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

I bet a few classic courses wish they left more room to allow for advances in technology.

#14 Littleman

Littleman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1247 posts
  • LocationCarving out the turns on the white stuff somewhere....

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:20 PM

Completely agree with is...go play sand hurst club and there are several hikes between holes, particularly the two holes over the road....possible the most pointless two holes in golf!

I am hoping the new home being built for eastern golf club will avoid this problem, although insurance companies and public liability maybe playing a part in this too.

2015 BHIC Runner Up

2015 ISG match play champion

2015 B Grade Winner OOM#4 Heritage St Johns

2015 social golf pennant team winners (including undefeated in all matches)

2015 Overall Winner OOM #2 Settlers Run

http://www.golflink....10903029&skip=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users