Photo

Shots To Remember

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#16 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18868 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:50 PM

The best golf shot I ever saw (It was a playing partners ) .......... was about 20 years ago now (Geez time flies)

It was the middle of winter and silly us, were playing up at Olinda in the snow.

Channel 9 cameras turned up just as we had finished our round, and they wanted a snippet of these crazy guys playing in the snow, to add to their nightly weather forecast etc........ so they sent us back down the fairway of the 18th about 100m from the green and asked us to hit approach shots so they could film em landing on the green.

So the camera guy goes and sets up some 15m behind the green and then waves to us to hit up as he zooms into the green.

Anyway 2 of us hit up, and I think mine made the green, the other didn't, and then the last of our trio hits up.

He catches his PW a little bit thin though .......... and his icy golf ball ,flies the green completely, and strikes the camera guy fairly and squarely right in the codpiece.

Down goes the camera off his shoulder and it bounces off the hard snow, and the guy drops to his knees, then falls face forward into the snow amidst a deep guttural moan of pain.

Never seen a funnier, more accurate golf shot than that one ........ and I doubt that I ever will. :)

• The good Egg, GhettoGolfer, *Mouldy and 17 others like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2016.

#17 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39066 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

Definitely memorable Gaz!

Handicap

Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016

Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands

Goal: A round at par or better!

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

Brisbane Fairways 2015 Clubman of the Year

Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island

Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands

South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer

http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#18 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18868 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

Definitely memorable Gaz!

And the only thing that made the news that night. was blurry image of us walking back up to the green amid the falling snow.

• Li Ning and Weetbix like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2016.

#19 RJP9.4

RJP9.4

rjp7.9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3223 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

cant compete with gpj's but playing warragul on sat nearly won the ntp on the 15 th twice ,firstly with my drive off the 14 th hit a big slice which the wind grabbed finished up a mtr from the 15 th cup well inside the 15 the ntp marker,guys on the green werent impressed, secondly off the correct tee with a 6 iron i had it right online but it pitched and spun back would have been close if it had bounced forward .

• Li Ning and GPJ_Longdriver like this

#20 The good Egg

The good Egg

oh!! that lady swallowed a baby!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7943 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

A few weeks ago at Newcastle had a really good round going ,come to the 17th and proceed to put drive it in to a lateral water hazard no wider then a meter.

took the drop about 150m and hit 7 iron it to front left in a grass bunker I guess you could call it.pin was front right with a left to right slope or back to front downhill slope looking from the front.

grabbed GW as I was after a running shot, hit were I wanted it to and watched it roll up, around a ball, and down in to the hole for a 4/3,i couldn't believe it, best par ever, oh and I chipped in for bird on the 13th as well.

Come to think of it,I enjoyed that par more than the chip in birdie a few holes before,strange?

• Li Ning likes this

#21 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35665 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

Had a hit with Stink and Tigerblood one afternoon at Yarra Bend.

One of the early dogleg left par 4s on the front 9 - I think it's the 3rd....my drive caught the tree on the corner, and fell down into the rough left of the fairway. I had to punch out of the treeline, into the fairway about 80m out.

It's all downhill, so I didn't want to fly a wedge...figured I'd bump and run a 7 iron down the hill....landed short of the green, rolled up on....and all the way to the back of the green and into the hole. Piss easy birdie.

• Weetbix and Rusty_Chopper_1984 like this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#22 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23704 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

today our 7th green had a 15 foot puddle round the flag

i smashed my 6m birdy putt into the puddle which was prolly 2 inches deep

ball stopped 1 foot short

tapped my submerged ball in for par and 2 points

• Weetbix likes this
Half the Trentham dream team

#23 YouGottaHitIt

YouGottaHitIt

8 for 2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1446 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

today our 7th green had a 15 foot puddle round the flag

i smashed my 6m birdy putt into the puddle which was prolly 2 inches deep

ball stopped 1 foot short

tapped my submerged ball in for par and 2 points

Did you need waders?

:P

• Li Ning and ink like this

If you can read this you're too close!
http://www.golflink....k_No=3040204856

#24 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22280 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

Kiwi would've needed scuba gear.

#25 Alongdriver

Alongdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:37 PM

The wind was at our backs on the 9th hole at the Ala Wai Golf Course in Waikiki, which was a par 4 playing about 360y. I didn't think I would catch my drive very well, but I waited until the group in front of us got on the green until I hit. My drive headed straight for the green. I lost it in the clouds with no idea how far, but I felt it connect and knew it was pretty big. I heard their yelling after it apparently landed. 

I got to the green and was told my ball landed the green, bounced through the cart return area and went through the gate into the parking lot. 

I apologized a lot, and went on to make a 5 or 6 for the hole, but a while later I went to a Korean owned golf shop and was told "You're the guy who drove the 9th green while we were standing on it. That was awesome."

Still embarrassed, and realizing that he wasn't thinking about how much that would have hurt I left the shop pretty quickly and never went back. 

• Li Ning, Jolls and shhhhank like this

I am not an intelligent man. I wasn't born with a good memory, wisdom, acumen, wit, intelligence or a good memory. 

#26 Mr_C

Mr_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6454 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

Par 3 16th, pulled the shot way off to the left. Downhill lie, green with a massive slope. Lobbed it about 7-8 meters high of the pin, it took a big break to the right, slowly trickling down towards the hole. It stopped just on the lip for what seemed an eternity before just rolling in. I then went on to win the masters......

Oh wait that was tiger 😂
  • Weetbix, Goldy, Alongdriver and 2 others like this

http://www.golflink....k_No=4070706250

Southbound       

#27 El Barto

El Barto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

In Thailand

I was in the rough and the caddy said, "Hit it between those trees but hit it hard as there is bunker on the other side of this hill. Aim for that palmtree"

I hit it as straight as I ever hit a ball and it landed on top of the palmtree I was aiming at and it did not come down. The caddy said something in Thai and then added, "I never see that before."

Edited by Elbarto, 30 June 2014 - 01:12 PM.

• *Mouldy, Li Ning, Weetbix and 4 others like this

See all that stuff inside Homer? That's why your robot wouldn't work.

#28 Alongdriver

Alongdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

In Thailand

I was in the rough and the caddy said, "Hit it between those trees but hit it hard as there is bunker on the other side of this hill. Aim for that palmtree"

I hit it as straight as I ever hit a ball and it landed on top of the palmtree I was aiming at and it did not come down. The caddy said something in Thai and then added, "I never see that before."

What? No "Sergio Garcia" shot from the top of the palm tree? 

I am not an intelligent man. I wasn't born with a good memory, wisdom, acumen, wit, intelligence or a good memory. 

#29 Rusty_Chopper_1984

Rusty_Chopper_1984

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11026 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

Par 3 16th, pulled the shot way off to the left. Downhill lie, green with a massive slope. Lobbed it about 7-8 meters high of the pin, it took a big break to the right, slowly trickling down towards the hole. It stopped just on the lip for what seemed an eternity before just rolling in. I then went on to win the masters......

Oh wait that was tiger 😂

Yeah i seen that. Felt like an eternity.
http://www.golflink....k_No=5012901532

2014 C Grade Winner OOM 2 Growling Frog

47 pts 55/40 off 35 at Kooringal Golf Club after shooting 107 first time I played it.

2014 Eagle on 15th par 4 at Rosebud Country Club on North/East.

2015 Eagle 17th hole at Trentham Golf Course.

2015 C Grade Winner 00M 2 Settlers Run

2015 Race to 18 Winner

2015 BHIC shortest Drive winner 61m

2015 Overall C Grade Runner up

Coached by the Supercoach as of Dec 2014.

Roy McAvoy: Such a pure feeling is the well struck golf shot.

#30 Badhacker

Badhacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

There's a few that come to mind. These were all at Kembla Grange:

305m drive on the 400m par4 8th (flat fairway with a little tailwind, played crap all round till then). Just had the urge to crush it off of the tee. Went dead straight. One of the few shots that did what I expected it to do.

Flew the creek (210+m) on the 440m par5 16th. Left with 100m to the green I then flubbed the second shot and finished with par or bogey haha.

2nd hole, 320m par4, holed a 9 iron from 125 out. Landed in the hole off of the first bounce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users