Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41862 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

I can't remember much ...

First hole I pushed my hybrid well right while Noob hit his driver fading back to center of the fairway. But mine rolled back to the middle while his rolled off into the dirt and trees!

Which is the story of Piney - you have almost no control over the result! Huge slopes and no grass so the ball rolls wherever it wants!

Anyway, we took my drive and hit wedges - both pushed right. Mine was closer but Noob's chip was better. One out par.

Second we both took 5i. Noob went a bit left but we took his as we needed to take at least 6 drives each. Lie was sandy dirt and we both hit it a touch fat and short into thick rough. We both hit our chips poorly - me short and Noob long. Took mine and chipped long and missed the bodey putts. Double.

Took my drawn drive on 3 rather than Noob's which rolled onto the mound before the dam. We both hit pretty average seconds. Both were OK third shots but took mine which finished just short. Chip and putt par.

We took Noob's drive on 4 - great drive that faded back to the middle. OK approach by me went just off to the right and two putts from off for par.

If 5 the par 3? If so Noob pushed his a bit so we used mine which just rolled off the back. Texas and putt for par.

Took my pulled drive on 6 instead of Noob's slice. We both pushed our next out right. Had a 40m pitch that Noob hit OK but I hit thin but got lucky and was just off. Took Noob's which was below the hole. Texas and putt for par.

Drawing a blank on 7.

Took my 4w drive on the long par 3 8th. Both our chips were too long - mine was a bit over hit but Noob's was a great chip which ran for ever for no apparent reason. 2 putt bogey.

On 9 I hit a huge pull off the tee but the slope on the first fairway bought it back to about 85m from the green. Noob had faded it into the trees.We should have taken his but took mine as there was grass to hit off! Neither of us took advantage of it trying to run it under a tree up to the green! Chips were too long and two putted for bogey.

10 we both pushed right but Noob's rolled into yuck so we took mine. I chipped it OK but rolled past and two putt bogey on a 110m hole in ambrose! Crap!

Across the road and had to take my drive again on 11 because Noob sliced it onto the road! We both hit good PWs but couldn't convert the birdie, so par.

Memory is blurry on specific holes now. There were a few par 4s up the hill. Parred most of them I think. From the top of the hill the first time Noob pulled his drive perfectly over the dam and rolled across the green. I pulled mine into the hazard and thick grass which would have been a nightmare to get out of! I hit a good iron up the hill and we finally got a birdie! Our playing partners had had a shocker to that point on the hole - had to use a hugely sliced drive then the second went left into trees. But their third up the hill ran up and smashed into the very middle of the stick and finished a foot away for a par! Awesome stuff!

Second time off the top of the hill - 17 I think - we had to take my 4 hybrid which went through the fairway. Noob hit an awesome chip and run down through rocks and tree roots onto the green to about 15ft! Was a hell of a shot!

18 Noob skied it then we both hit pretty poor approach shots. Both out pitches went long I think then two putts for bogey.

Best I can do Roachy!
  • Bluethunda, ink, Gilbert Grape and 1 other like this
Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#107 Bluethunda

Bluethunda

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17452 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

I can't remember much ...
First hole I pushed my hybrid well right while Noob hit his driver fading back to center of the fairway. But mine rolled back to the middle while his rolled off into the dirt and trees!
Which is the story of Piney - you have almost no control over the result! Huge slopes and no grass so the ball rolls wherever it wants!
Anyway, we took my drive and hit wedges - both pushed right. Mine was closer but Noob's chip was better. One out par.
Second we both took 5i. Noob went a bit left but we took his as we needed to take at least 6 drives each. Lie was sandy dirt and we both hit it a touch fat and short into thick rough. We both hit our chips poorly - me short and Noob long. Took mine and chipped long and missed the bodey putts. Double.
Took my drawn drive on 3 rather than Noob's which rolled onto the mound before the dam. We both hit pretty average seconds. Both were OK third shots but took mine which finished just short. Chip and putt par.
We took Noob's drive on 4 - great drive that faded back to the middle. OK approach by me went just off to the right and two putts from off for par.
If 5 the par 3? If so Noob pushed his a bit so we used mine which just rolled off the back. Texas and putt for par.
Took my pulled drive on 6 instead of Noob's slice. We both pushed our next out right. Had a 40m pitch that Noob hit OK but I hit thin but got lucky and was just off. Took Noob's which was below the hole. Texas and putt for par.
Drawing a blank on 7.
Took my 4w drive on the long par 3 8th. Both our chips were too long - mine was a bit over hit but Noob's was a great chip which ran for ever for no apparent reason. 2 putt bogey.
On 9 I hit a huge pull off the tee but the slope on the first fairway bought it back to about 85m from the green. Noob had faded it into the trees.We should have taken his but took mine as there was grass to hit off! Neither of us took advantage of it trying to run it under a tree up to the green! Chips were too long and two putted for bogey.
10 we both pushed right but Noob's rolled into yuck so we took mine. I chipped it OK but rolled past and two putt bogey on a 110m hole in ambrose! Crap!
Across the road and had to take my drive again on 11 because Noob sliced it onto the road! We both hit good PWs but couldn't convert the birdie, so par.
Memory is blurry on specific holes now. There were a few par 4s up the hill. Parred most of them I think. From the top of the hill the first time Noob pulled his drive perfectly over the dam and rolled across the green. I pulled mine into the hazard and thick grass which would have been a nightmare to get out of! I hit a good iron up the hill and we finally got a birdie! Our playing partners had had a shocker to that point on the hole - had to use a hugely sliced drive then the second went left into trees. But their third up the hill ran up and smashed into the very middle of the stick and finished a foot away for a par! Awesome stuff!
Second time off the top of the hill - 17 I think - we had to take my 4 hybrid which went through the fairway. Noob hit an awesome chip and run down through rocks and tree roots onto the green to about 15ft! Was a hell of a shot!
18 Noob skied it then we both hit pretty poor approach shots. Both out pitches went long I think then two putts for bogey.
Best I can do Roachy!

DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#108 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • 41862 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:13 PM

What are you up to Ben?
Handicap
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook

#109 ink

ink

Pawsome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35383 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:24 AM

Whose Ben

#110 Hat_Trick

Hat_Trick

Dr Bob's No.1 Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4703 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:09 AM

Whose Ben

Ahh, Ben remember him ?

• Bluethunda likes this

23/08/2015 - Curlewis. 5th Hole. Third Shot. Topped the ball, bounced up and hit my hat. 1 shot penalty. "Hat Trick"

23/11/2014 - Settlers Run. Vic OOM5. 18th tee. Nominee for ISG Hall of Fame Drives. "Air Swing"

#111 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • 41862 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:17 AM

Whose Ben

He made the previous post
Handicap

#112 ink

ink

Pawsome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35383 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:48 AM

He made the previous post

what's he up to

#113 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • 41862 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:08 PM

what's he up to

Turfing
  • Bluethunda likes this
Handicap

#114 Bluethunda

Bluethunda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17452 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

No body seems to give a s h I t that noobs not around!!!! Just resurrecting some of his gold

#115 Bluethunda

Bluethunda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17452 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:56 PM

What are you up to Ben?

You read all that repost didn't you :)

#116 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • 41862 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:24 PM

You read all that repost didn't you :)

Is that a trick question?

Edited by Weeti, 14 October 2014 - 10:24 PM.

• Bluethunda likes this
Handicap

#117 Rusty_Chopper_1984

Rusty_Chopper_1984

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11934 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:58 AM

No body seems to give a s h I t that noobs not around!!!! Just resurrecting some of his gold

Who's NOOB?
http://www.golflink....k_No=5012901532

2014 C Grade Winner OOM 2 Growling Frog

47 pts 55/40 off 35 at Kooringal Golf Club after shooting 107 first time I played it.

2014 Eagle on 15th par 4 at Rosebud Country Club on North/East.

2015 Eagle 17th hole at Trentham Golf Course.

2015 C Grade Winner 00M 2 Settlers Run

2015 Race to 18 Winner

2015 BHIC shortest Drive winner 61m

2015 Overall C Grade Runner up

Roy McAvoy: Such a pure feeling is the well struck golf shot.

#118 Bluethunda

Bluethunda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17452 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:42 AM

Who's NOOB?

a noobody
  • Codboy and Rusty_Chopper_1984 like this

#119 Rusty_Chopper_1984

Rusty_Chopper_1984

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11934 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:38 AM

a noobody

So where IS Noobody?

Edited by Longhitter_1984, 15 October 2014 - 05:38 AM.

http://www.golflink....k_No=5012901532

2014 C Grade Winner OOM 2 Growling Frog

47 pts 55/40 off 35 at Kooringal Golf Club after shooting 107 first time I played it.

2014 Eagle on 15th par 4 at Rosebud Country Club on North/East.

2015 Eagle 17th hole at Trentham Golf Course.

2015 C Grade Winner 00M 2 Settlers Run

2015 Race to 18 Winner

2015 BHIC shortest Drive winner 61m

2015 Overall C Grade Runner up

Roy McAvoy: Such a pure feeling is the well struck golf shot.

#120 Bluethunda

Bluethunda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17452 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

Is that a trick question?

No, I knew you would read it to see if I played with your words
  • Weetbix likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weeti, ambrose, competition, fun, challenge, war, movement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users