Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3093 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

Tigerblood

you seem to go through memberships like I go through beer and I go through a lot of beer believe me...

so are tyou going to keep ya membership long enough to see the entire curse at its best with all holes up and running???

that aside

it looks as if its going to be a ripper of a course

however I can not understand how you say this is going to be a private course but its going to allow public to play it

I would imagine it to be more a semi private

like clubs like Baccus marsh, sunshine etc

The club does restrict access to the general public, members only wed, sat and sun morning.

I guess there's no such thing as a private club these days except for the elite.

I guess what I mean is it's not a public/council track.

Yering, settlers, Sandhurst, Long Island etc all private clubs but I can get on any day I want bar Sunday, doesn't mean their not a private club.

Edited by Tigerblood, 01 May 2014 - 09:48 PM.

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 153 mtrs,  27/12/12

#17 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3093 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:49 PM

Love the look of the hole bending around the lake! Par 5?

Ha, honestly have no idea!

#18 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3093 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:49 PM

Are those membership costs fixed for some years, or just introductory?

That's full price 7 day, $600 joining fee, $5 (I think) comp fee

At this stage with their budget forecast there no plans for increases but I wouldn't care if they did, it's way undervalue for the area as it is

Edited by Tigerblood, 01 May 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#19 Scratch64

Scratch64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

Love the look of the hole bending around the lake! Par 5?

I believe this hole is a par 3.

There are multiple tee option for this hole, unfortunately the pics shows the easiest location where the water runs to the side of the hole so not really in play from this location.

The normal tee position (Not shown in the pic) would have you shooting slightly across and over the lake making for a much more exciting hole. I think from this location the hole will play around the 170m-180m mark and probably into the wind on most days.

• RobNewy likes this

#20 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17892 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:09 AM

Nice track for the 2020 OOMs

ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#21 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41666 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

I believe this hole is a par 3.

There are multiple tee option for this hole, unfortunately the pics shows the easiest location where the water runs to the side of the hole so not really in play from this location.

The normal tee position (Not shown in the pic) would have you shooting slightly across and over the lake making for a much more exciting hole. I think from this location the hole will play around the 170m-180m mark and probably into the wind on most days.

Thanks. I see it now. I thought I was looking back from the green but it's the tee box.

Almost a shame. It would have been a great driver hole if you started way around to the right side of the picture, and had water all the way up the left side up to the green.

Looks like some good bunkering around the green though.
Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#22 Flusher69

Flusher69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationDeep in the woods looking for my ball

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

There is all good press about this course. Can't wait to have a hit with scratch and TB soon.
  • Madam and Bluethunda like this
Winner of Bmans Bendigo Bash With Scratch64 2013
Lowest of the stick at heritage OOM with 79 June 2014

#23 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3093 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

Well just got back from the first game.

It was pretty well presented exactly as I thought it would.

Most of the fairways were actually pretty good, there were a couple that the couch hasn't had time to thicken up so the lie was very tight but I only had a couple shots like that.

Greens were extremely slow, possibly the slowest iv ever putted on but there's not much they can do, just need time to mature, they were a little bumpy but visually they look in really good nick so they have a excellent base to work from.

Bunkering was a highlight, thought the positioning of all bunkers was perfect, fairly consistent throughout, the sand is quite dense though so when I'd normally use a 60 wedge to get out might need to start using the 56.

Tee boxes need a bit of work, good grass coverage but just feels really lumpy underfoot.

The rough is where it's really going to hurt, grass is very thin and sparse I'm some areas, luckily the club is playing preferred lies through the green so any you can usually find a nice tuft it hit off.

It probably lacks a little visually, it's very flat and wide open, the only mature trees are ones that border the course.

Overall I'm pretty rapt with it, can't wait to see it develop over the next 12 months, despite being so young I think by spring next year it'll be spot on.
  • Bluethunda, Weetbix, RobNewy and 2 others like this

#24 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3093 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

There is all good press about this course. Can't wait to have a hit with scratch and TB soon.

Anytime brother, Bam Bam (Dom Dom) tore it up today.

#25 Dozy

Dozy

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

tigerblood,
Has you opinion of the course changed since you have had the opportunity to play it a few more times

#26 Bucks

Bucks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

playing this course tomorrow, so will be good to see how it fairs after a few days of rain and then a bit of sun past 2 days.

possibly looking to join for the prices they are asking.

Member of the Vision Test Pilot Project:  No VTPP5

#27 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3093 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:38 PM

tigerblood,
Has you opinion of the course changed since you have had the opportunity to play it a few more times

Very happy with it.

The greens look really good considering how young they are, still quite slow and will probably stay that way till spring/summer.

The bunkers are really good, probably almost too much sand, but hey too much is better than too little.

#28 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3093 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

playing this course tomorrow, so will be good to see how it fairs after a few days of rain and then a bit of sun past 2 days.

possibly looking to join for the prices they are asking.

Massive difference between Sat and today.

Sat was really wet and boggy, it has dried out considerably., still damp in a lot of areas though.

They have preferred lies through the green so keep that on mind for your round.

Spend some time on the practise green, the pace is quite slow, it will do your head in if you haven't grasped it before you head out.

Would love to hear your opinion after your round.

Edited by Tigerblood, 09 June 2014 - 09:46 PM.

#29 Dozy

Dozy

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:28 AM

Any way of knowing if those prices will hold out til March next year? Otherwise I may have to jump on board earlier

#30 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3093 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:35 AM

Any way of knowing if those prices will hold out til March next year? Otherwise I may have to jump on board earlier

Should do, renewals are up in October, there's been no mention of a price increase, I highly doubt there will be one first up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users