Photo

*mouldy Becoming Methodical

• Please log in to reply
15788 replies to this topic

#14011 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19503 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

Make the list 2 things Rob ........ a stable base, and a smooth swing.  :D

• *Mouldy likes this

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

#14012 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8945 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:53 PM

Forgot I had to spend the day composing and rehearsing my speech to the masses on Bayside Council Live Stream tonight.

Greedy bustard developer wants to knock down two perfectly good family homes and build 9 apartments over 3 levels. Our street is only a 70m long cul-de-sac. Would easily be the biggest building for several hundred metres.

He wants to make $10m+ on the deal and I'm the modern day Darryl Kerrigan.

I've already rallied the street and got the parking changed so the effing commuters can't park here. Also means his tradies can't either. Strike 1 to Darryl.

I get 3 minutes to address the planning committee tonight.

Fire and brimstone
Taj Mahals
Rescode bits
The coming of the white marble peril
The domino theory
Evil and corrupt state planning ministers
And don't forget the children being able to kick the footy in the street

Lucky we've got high flying CEOs to speak about the real stuff whilst I tell them "They're Dreamin"

So reading Bob Rotella et al will have to be postponed until Thursday.

We have a swap day with Spring Valley tomorrow which will be fun. I quite like a number of the holes and hopefully the wind will blow in the right direction.

Also hoping I don't get bombed with Seagull shite like I did last time there.

Got the list down to just swing easy tomorrow. Will be enjoyable regardless of the score.

Sounds like You need to import some growling frogs or red bellied one eyed parrots or other strange endangered species into your cul de sac.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#14013 koiom K Frenzy

koiom K Frenzy

Anyone for a Cuppa?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11342 posts
  • LocationJDM heaven

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:06 PM

Anyone who stands at 45 degree from Mouldy is an endangered species.
  • Goldy, Snappy McSnapperton, Joe79 and 1 other like this

http://www.golf.org....icap/3011891841

2012 Curlewis OOM#5 A Grade NTP
2013 Beaconhills Invitational Classic 3rd Place
2013 Stink 3 Club Challenge NAGA
2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade NTP
2014 Bendigo Slog Pairs Winner with Ghetto
2014 Vic ISG Matchplay Runner Up
2015 Vic ISG Matchplay Semi Finalist
2016 Keysborough GC April Medal Winner
2016 ISG Race to 6 Winner
2017 Torquay OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2017 Moonah OOM#4 A Grade Runner Up
2017 Overall A Grade OOM Winner

2017 Overall All Grade OOM Runner Up

2018 Bacon Wide Tour Keysie Invitational Winner
Have never been beaten by Mick off the stick

#14014 jrg1166

jrg1166

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:20 PM

Sounds like You need to import some growling frogs or red bellied one eyed parrots or other strange endangered species into your cul de sac.

There is a pair of frogs in the park that borders the 7th green & 8 th tee box at Sandringham he can have which would mean we would not lose them in the redevelopment and the basketball courts can go there
  • Can Break 80 likes this

#14015 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17734 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:40 PM

There is a pair of frogs in the park that borders the 7th green & 8 th tee box at Sandringham he can have which would mean we would not lose them in the redevelopment and the basketball courts can go there

Now you tell me.

Had a throw at the stumps and it went to the video umpire.

3 councillors went with me and 3 against

The other speakers got nowhere.

Went to the Mayor's casting vote

And like the Clubbies I lost on the 18th

Had the developer shitting bricks during the debate as it was obviously 3-3. He was looking at losing more than 3m at the front of the building which would've required a whole new design of the 2 upper floors.

The developers reputation as an upmarket builder and not a cowboy got him narrowly over the line. That or political donations.

Anyone who cops a new development and wants a heads up on how the process works feel free to shout out.

To all those tossers who voted in Dan Andrews and his major activity centres planning reforms can get well and truly farked.
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#14016 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10114 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:07 PM

Stop cockblocking progress old man
Because some idiots complain that my sig is too large:
th_Ghettobanner_zpsik8air89.jpg

Golflink: http://www.golf.org....icap/3013502329

#14017 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17734 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:15 PM

Stop cockblocking progress old man

You're probably the penissucker providing him with $13m working capital.

We're all NIMBYs when it matters.

National Tour

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#14018 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10114 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:40 PM

You're probably the penissucker providing him with $13m working capital.

We're all NIMBYs when it matters.

Not me.
Because some idiots complain that my sig is too large:
th_Ghettobanner_zpsik8air89.jpg

Golflink: http://www.golf.org....icap/3013502329

#14019 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17734 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:26 PM

Played Spring Valley but couldn't come to terms with the greens. 1 X 3 jab and zero 1 putts. Missed a squillion putts around 4-6'. No detailed tale of woe as I can't remember the holes.

7 over on the front with 9 halves. Put my iron to 7' on 10 but missed. After that copped another dose of Hypoglycemia

Mate had some lollies but took a while to get myself right. Chopped it up badly and finished -4 on the back.

Really enjoyed the change of track and had a fun day.

Made a great GIR par on the 400m 15th. Good drive and great 2h to 12'. Missed the bird of course.

GP back from hols next week. Don't know where he went but last year toured the Scottish distilleries. My kind of doctor. A bag of Snakes goes into the bag before Friday. Hot over the weekend so might take it easy. My mother copped type 2 diabetes around my age despite being only around 54kg. Maybe a genetic link as well as me being 4-5 kg overweight. Don't know, but no big deal as long as it stops affecting my golf.

Bob Rotella day tomorrow and great score on Friday. The way I hit the ball it would've been a very good score on my home track.

BTW par is a shite game

National Tour

#14020 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:31 PM

Par is a great game ;) just think of it and as stableford without the luxury of a single point for messing a hole up.
Hypo/hyper glycemia can show the same signs and without a blood test or having a Glucose Tolerance Test then you can only surmise what’s wrong.
I am a type 2 diabetic and it took a bit of trial and error to get my diet right for golf but it is sorted out now and for a while I used to check my blood sugar level before I started and again at the turn and make any changes as I went. There are plenty of golfers with diabetes who manage their diet so they can play as much as they want.
  • *Mouldy likes this

#14021 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5128 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:06 PM

Suddenly developing hypoglycaemic episodes is unlikely. As Toch says more likely to be hyperglycaemia. Even More likely to be arrhythmia (probably benign) or a viral illness or Un diagnosable.
  • *Mouldy likes this
http://www.golf.org....icap/4070201550
What can possibly go wrong?

#14022 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17734 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:17 PM

I'll leave it to the experts. I'm not ruling out Atrial Fibrillation either.

Anyway, it will get sorted in the next couple of weeks.

Meanwhile my ball striking on the front 9 is very good.

Just need to find some Dine and Nine comps.

National Tour

#14023 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17734 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:31 PM

The entertainment value of this thread has dropped off recently. Obviously I haven't been drinking enough. Almost at the full bottle stage currently, so can get warmed up.

Cooked up a Duck Breast, Figs and Balsamic Jus tonight. Winged it most of the way rather than a the recipe route. Boring pasta dishes just aren't doing it for me. They metabolise too quickly and don't last into the following day's round.

I did buy some Snakes so plenty of sugar in the system during tomorrow's round. Plus back to the baked beans on toast breakfast.

Hardly any caffeine for the last week or so which could also be mucking around with my perforated brain.

Just can't find time to read about my brain process. Must be a big book. Rotella is all about putting but I'm a gun putter at Keysie.

Very unstructured warmup on Wednesday. Too busy gossiping about dickhead Shorten stealing $10k from me and the greedy developers making $10m at my expense across the road.

Is it too late for a 67yo drunk to enter politics. Hinch doing it at 72 gives me some scope as I haven't had a liver transplant or fallen out of a taxi yet.

Not sold on the Itchy/Gaz go for broke theory. Some great birdie opportunities at Spring Valley but also found myself in rough behind bunkers to short sided pins. Really bad misses from around 180m.

If I have 155m (my 6i equivalent 5h) I'll go for it, but outside that I think the risk reward doesn't work.

12 & 15 at Keysie I'll go for regardless as I rarely miss by much.

Making sure I was reaching for the ball a little has meant an absence of the shanks recently. Much improved at the set distances per club. The major problem is the between club shots.

Choking down on my Sw gives me the same distance as a full grip. Choking down just means I flush it. If I ever try a restricted swing all obstacles 45 deg right are in mortal danger.

If I get 74m to the pin then I'll be on the button. If I have 69 or 79m I'm in no mans land. I try for the longer choice, on the basis that if I don't flush it I'll be on the money. That's ok on some holes but can be very ugly on many holes if I'm well past the hole.

A bit of commonsense tomorrow. Depending on where the centre of the green is, I'll just go short or long and rely on my gun putting.

Enough hills and dales at Spring Valley to expose my weaknesses. Too often the weight distribution wasn't right and the ball went in the wrong direction. That's the next lesson with SC.

Tomorrow's focus is wholly and solely on making 14 Driver shots in play and 180m plus. As the round progresses, and fatigue kicks in, the hands get a mind of their own. A very fast flick of the wrist gives me a high slice going nowhere other than trees right.

A sub 85, as distinct from the ever present 89-90s, is a given result.

No shanks, no Hitlers, irons/wedges to green centre, 14/14 drives in play, gun putter.

Perfect Melbourne Autumnal weather ensures a great score and low DSR.

Given my purple patch of form, starting tomorrow, I've also booked in for Saturday. Fitness will decide whether it's a golf day or a punt on the Rosehill Guineas.

PLUS it's not effiency par so my birdies will be 4 pointers.

Yet another Friday comp win beckons.

National Tour

#14024 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5518 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:33 PM

Don't bring me into this, ive got **** all idea to begin with

#14025 Tonk

Tonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2618 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:42 PM

Clearly, you're an old fart and your fitness will let you down.

No one here enjoys hearing about your culinary skills and your **** choice of toffee nose wines.

Stick to golf and your delerious ambitions of grandeur. I love hearing about your failures and your ability to reflect on them with the retardation of a goldfish.
Self proclamation about superiority of short game always gives me a giggle.

Carry on....I'm seven bourbons in and climbing.
  • GhettoGolfer, Weetbix, Francie and 4 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users