#10381 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17905 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

Drove the ball better than any game this year. Putting and bunker play was ok. The rest was generally shite.

After a couple of bad chips off tight lies I reverted to chip-putts. CB explained the shot on Monday and the 2 tries today were both good in terms of length. With the heel up it was hard to line up the face. Bit of practice will add another shot to the repertoire.

SC also had me chipping instead of pitching from 70m in on Monday. Starting to dial in the numbers with Pw, 48w and 52w going 70, 60, 50m respectively. Another shot option rather than trying to feel the distance with 56w.

34 points 16+18 was a good result given how bad I hit them. Only one wipe on 8 where I don't get a shot and my ball finished in a size 12 footmark in the bunker leading to an airmail. Only one 3 jab where I tried to sink a downhill 12' on the last.

Lots of bad hybrids, irons, wedges and short chips. Just didn't have a good tempo.

Made the decision to change to 7 day membership, starting weekend play on Sunday. I want to play some stroke rounds and also the honour board events. Going round with better players will hopefully improve my mental game. Playing off the blue tees is no problem.
  • BumpunRun, Can Break 80, RobNewy and 3 others like this
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#10382 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1806 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:35 PM

Drove the ball better than any game this year. Putting and bunker play was ok. The rest was generally shite.

After a couple of bad chips off tight lies I reverted to chip-putts. CB explained the shot on Monday and the 2 tries today were both good in terms of length. With the heel up it was hard to line up the face. Bit of practice will add another shot to the repertoire.

SC also had me chipping instead of pitching from 70m in on Monday. Starting to dial in the numbers with Pw, 48w and 52w going 70, 60, 50m respectively. Another shot option rather than trying to feel the distance with 56w.

34 points 16+18 was a good result given how bad I hit them. Only one wipe on 8 where I don't get a shot and my ball finished in a size 12 footmark in the bunker leading to an airmail. Only one 3 jab where I tried to sink a downhill 12' on the last.

Lots of bad hybrids, irons, wedges and short chips. Just didn't have a good tempo.

Made the decision to change to 7 day membership, starting weekend play on Sunday. I want to play some stroke rounds and also the honour board events. Going round with better players will hopefully improve my mental game. Playing off the blue tees is no problem.

Good stuff, although I am a little sad that your wipe on 8 was shankless.  Always sad when one of the traditions of the game is eroded away. 

• Goldy likes this

If I can win an OOM anyone can. 

http://www.golflink....k_no=3012646041

#10383 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17905 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

Good stuff, although I am a little sad that your wipe on 8 was shankless.  Always sad when one of the traditions of the game is eroded away.

Lost my powers. Nobody in the group shanked today and I was the best chopper with 34.
  • Snappy McSnapperton likes this

National Tour

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#10384 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17905 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:11 PM

Preparing well for tomorrow's early start.

1/2 bottle of white at lunch with my mother for Mother's Day
1/2 bottle of white for afternoon tea whilst watching Carlton losing
1/2 bottle of red with dinner whilst being further depressed watching Essendon win

Just waiting for the cat to come home so I can sleep.

9 hours rest
Maccas breakfast
A bit of competition
Soft start on 10

= breaking 90

Working on small steps. Next 5 rounds sub 90. Going to piss off Koiom by laying up all day
  • RobNewy, Goldy, MaxxOn and 1 other like this

National Tour

#10385 koiom K Frenzy

koiom K Frenzy

Anyone for a Cuppa?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11507 posts
  • LocationJDM heaven

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

You might want to watch how Reny goes about it.
He's about 65 and has a daily of 16 from memory.
Won the comp two weeks ago with 43 points.
If it's not a par 5, he doesn't lay up.
  • Goldy and MaxxOn like this

http://www.golf.org....icap/3011891841

2012 Curlewis OOM#5 A Grade NTP
2013 Beaconhills Invitational Classic 3rd Place
2013 Stink 3 Club Challenge NAGA
2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade NTP
2014 Bendigo Slog Pairs Winner with Ghetto
2014 Vic ISG Matchplay Runner Up
2015 Vic ISG Matchplay Semi Finalist
2016 Keysborough GC April Medal Winner
2016 ISG Race to 6 Winner
2017 Torquay OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2017 Moonah OOM#4 A Grade Runner Up
2017 Overall A Grade OOM Winner

2017 Overall All Grade OOM Runner Up

2018 Bacon Wide Tour Keysie Invitational Winner
Have never been beaten by Mick off the stick

#10386 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1806 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:27 AM

1/2 bottle of red with dinner whilst being further depressed watching Essendon win

9 hours rest
Maccas breakfast
A bit of competition
Soft start on 10

= breaking 90

Working on small steps. Next 5 rounds sub 90. Going to piss off Koiom by laying up all day

Haha i did a similar prep alcohol wise for my round yesterday. Then decided maybe i didnt need to hit any range balls before the game. The first shot i actually connected with the ball was on the 7th hole, by which time i had only 6 points on the card. I still have much to learn from you Mouldman
  • RobNewy likes this

#10387 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23999 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

9 hours rest
Maccas breakfast
A bit of competition
Soft start on 10
= breaking 90

Haha i did a similar prep alcohol wise for my round yesterday. Then decided maybe i didnt need to hit any range balls before the game. The first shot i actually connected with the ball was on the 7th hole, by which time i had only 6 points on the card. I still have much to learn from you Mouldman

I usually prime with some reds the night before.
I wait for the cat to go out so I can get some sleep.
Cook my own breakfast e.g. bacon & eggs.
Never use the range - too short for drivers.
Rarely use the nets.
Sometimes have a few practice putts.
Laying up on par 3s is good strategy.
Had accumulated 7 points on the first two holes yesterday.

But I still don't play as well as Snappy.

#10388 ink

ink

Pawsome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35173 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:26 PM

Did it work 80% of the time

#10389 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17905 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

28 Back 11 then Front 17

2 hybrid off the tee was about the only part of the game that was reasonable.

Driver crap
24 & 27 hybrids crap
Short irons disgusting. Only one GIR for the day on 7 (our 16th) and that was a mishit
Wedges disgusting
Bunker play horrible
Chipping ok at the end, deplorable for the first 13 holes. Up n down on 5, 8 and 9 meant I played the last 5 in 2 over.

3 jabbed 18 for the 3rd consecutive round. Some good putts outshone by the bad ones.

My best ever flag disappears on Friday at StAB. Forecast is Nationals weather only 10 deg colder. This will see me off 18 on my first Saturday comp.
  • Madam likes this

National Tour

#10390 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1806 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

Only one GIR for the day on 7 (our 16th) and that was a mishit

Given the 7th green is tucked away to the left, did you, by any chance, use a gap wedge to this green, with your mishit causing the ball to curve to the left, known in some circles as a draw? I understand this may well have then ended up on the green, accounting for your so called GIR.   

#10391 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17905 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:20 PM

Given the 7th green is tucked away to the left, did you, by any chance, use a gap wedge to this green, with your mishit causing the ball to curve to the left, known in some circles as a draw? I understand this may well have then ended up on the green, accounting for your so called GIR.

Through perfect positioning of my 2 hybrids a draw wasn't required. Instead of a nice and soft 9i I hit it thin enough for a bit of spin so it didn't run through the green.

National Tour

#10392 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17905 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

Gaybrids are in the shop to be stiffened up and frequency matched. I do like matching oscillations.

They will not be available for play on Wednesday so it becomes a great day to try out the De Shampoo irons in competition. Haven't had a swing with them for 4 months so will be fun.

As my cap is blowing out I might as well use them for the next few midweek rounds and finally get some reliable data so I can tweak the lofts to get some even spacing.

Meanwhile Jon is planning an around the world cruise.
  • Littleman likes this

National Tour

#10393 Littleman

Littleman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1341 posts
  • LocationCarving out the turns on the white stuff somewhere....

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:05 PM

Meanwhile Jon is planning an around the world cruise.

And a villa in Monaco
  • Joe79 likes this

2015 BHIC Runner Up

2015 ISG match play champion

2015 B Grade Winner OOM#4 Heritage St Johns

2015 social golf pennant team winners (including undefeated in all matches)

2015 Overall Winner OOM #2 Settlers Run

http://www.golflink....10903029&skip=1

#10394 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

Ordered and paid the 10% deposit for the new Merc today, it should be here by the time Mouldymillions pays for the hybrid changes :)

With all of the data supplied by the Mouldyone I've decided to take my inspiration from MKR and do the mystery box challenge. Rather than stuff around trying to figure out the best combinations, I just simply pulled the four clubs apart and rebuilt them to the best scenario that he gave me !

The common threads are the swingweights, length and stiffness.

I must say that Mouldy always gives me a thought provoking workload when tackling his equipment, this time is no different.

Personally I enjoy the challenge and look forward to a successful outcome, I think ?

Jon...

ps: he paid for the Monaco shack last year :)    

Edited by golfguy33, 15 May 2017 - 09:44 PM.

• *Mouldy, ink and Joe79 like this

#10395 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41669 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:53 AM

Do you have a longer shaft in the 4 than the 3 or anything eclectic like that? Or maybe same length in all of them?
Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users