#931 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5392 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:15 PM

Paracetamol is the worst. Appears so innocuous and is so deadly. We used to dread it when we had to look after them. Even a handful can kill. And as described it starts to damage the liver in the days after. Often when the patient has realised that they actually don’t want to die. People don’t realise how deadly it is. Sometimes they don’t get admitted till it’s too late because they think they are safe because immediately after they are ok.
  • iRON MiCK and Tochakka like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/4070201550
What can possibly go wrong?

#932 Bluethunda

Bluethunda

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17516 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:23 AM

Mick thanks for sharing your story. I appreciate all of you sharing your stories. We had a men’s health issue event held by the GCSAQ at Nudgee a couple of months ago, in fortunately I couldn’t attend, but it was according to my colleagues, one of the best education days the association has held, very well attended.
  • CaNadiAn MiCk and iRON MiCK like this
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#933 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

Holing It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32030 posts
  • LocationChopperville

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:13 PM

Here's something.

My eldest daughter had lived in a share house since 19 when she started Uni at RMIT. She was a strong independent woman with a part time job and many friends. Her mother and I divorced when she was 6. I remarried and we saw each other I thought regularly enough. She had travelled the world, both Europe and most of Asia including India by the time she wad 23. All self funded.
In 2014 she decided at 24 to consume 3 48 tab packs of Panadol and 2 full packs of Sudafed. She had read on the web this was an easy way to end your life. She did this on a Thursday night.
By Friday afternoon she was in agony and did some more research and discovered that her liver was failing and she would endure a long painful death.
It was then she called an Ambulance.
She called me from St Vincents Hospital on Saturday morning when a Doctor told her the medication they were using to reverse the paracetamol overdose wasn't working. She told me on the phone her liver was failing and she was scared.
It wasn't till I got there a Doctor told me what had happened.
I then called her mother. Who also didn't know. She came in and we both were in shock.
By midday my daughter was in a coma and transferred to The Austin ICU and was on life support for 5 days. By some miracle she survived.
Her explaination and reasons for her actions went much deeper than depression.
Through support from her mother and a Clinical Psychologist she lives on. There were two relapses during 2015 however she called an Ambulance straight away.
My belief is she was suffering from a type of burn out many of us get after years of working towards something without achievement or success. She was still trying to complete her Degree whilst isolating herself from her support group (family and some friends) and sick in a house with poor heating. Her belief was that her work wasn't good enough and she kept on missing deadlines with over revision.
This lead to distorted thinking and a loss of self worth. Her decision was I think made not to end her suffering but a way to just end everything. She felt she had wasted 5 years on a Degree she couldn't finish or ever use.
The fact her closest friends and family had no idea she was that low and in hindsight how desperate she must have felt and how alone she thought she was. It breaks my heart thinking about it.
So why?
I don't think I will ever understand why. I am not able to.
I do know I need to always be a part of her life. Even at times when she makes it clear she doesn't want me to be.
She continues to work and travel the world. We were lucky the ICU Team at The Austin were able to save her.
For those who have lost loved ones this way my deepest condolences and sympathy.

Begeeezus MiCK...ya think you know someone! 

That's what I love about this place, we all have stories, some we want to tell, others that need not be told as it's no-one else's business, then a subject that is close to them is broached and makes them open up.

We all bag the crap out of each other here, sometimes warranted, sometimes not, but the bottom line is we don't really know anyone or their history.

I certainly haven't heard that story from Mick before...if it is a repeat, then it was well worth it. I'll forever look at you differently now mate....still put crap on you...you wouldn't expect any less i'm sure, but there's always been a great vibe with us...buy me another drink?...just way more respect now.

Someone should write a book about this joint and the people in it.

• CaNadiAn MiCk, Bluethunda and Francie like this

A

DON'T LET THE BLACK DOG WIN...

HELP IS OUT THERE

6 Time ISG NSW WBT Winner

2013 ISG NSW WBT COC Runner Up

2015 ISG NSW WBT COC

2nd ISG NSW Life Member Inductee...Got Had a Jacket to Prove It

2012 ISG National Championships...Inaugural Supreme Putting Champion

2013 ISG National Championships...3rd Place 2nd Round - Moonah Links

2013 ISG National Championships...13th place...now that's desperately unlucky

2014 ISG National Championships...13th place...no other golfer could be that desperately unlucky 2 years in a row!

2015 ISG National Championships...21st place...that's farked

2016 ISG National Championships...waaaaay down the list.

2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Yarra Yarra Satellite Game 

2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Huntingdale Satellite Game

2016 ISG National Championships...Captain of winning NSW Team, SOO

2017 ISG National Championships...12th place...heading in the right direction

2017 ISG National Championships...Winner The Lakes Satellite Game 43pts

2013 Brass Yacht Winner (Inaugural)

2014 Brass Yacht Winner

2015 Brass Yacht Runner-up

2016 Brass Yacht Winner

2017 Brass Yacht Winner

2018 Brass Yacht Winner

HOLE IN ONE

2017 ISG NATIONALS ROUND 2 RIVERSIDE OAKS 17TH HOLE BUNGOOL COURSE FIRST SHOT OF THE DAY (SHOTGUN START)

Life Motto: "If it's free, it's for me!"

Team Live4BarnEsy...forever undefeated angel-2-smiley-emoticon.gif

Desperately Unlucky ©

#934 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14552 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:17 PM

Begeeezus MiCK...ya think you know someone! 

That's what I love about this place, we all have stories, some we want to tell, others that need not be told as it's no-one else's business, then a subject that is close to them is broached and makes them open up.

We all bag the crap out of each other here, sometimes warranted, sometimes not, but the bottom line is we don't really know anyone or their history.

I certainly haven't heard that story from Mick before...if it is a repeat, then it was well worth it. I'll forever look at you differently now mate....still put crap on you...you wouldn't expect any less i'm sure, but there's always been a great vibe with us...buy me another drink?...just way more respect now.

Someone should write a book about this joint and the people in it.

All good BarnEsy, just thought i'd share some of my own experience with this as I really felt the why, in Commish's mate needed to hear why it wasn't them.(IMO).

Over the past year I have participated in some Workshops for Mental Health in The workplace.

1 in 5 employees have experienced a mental health problem or issue (ABS)

Everyone has a story.

I missed the National's so I owe you two drinks. Girly ones of course.

• BarnEsy05 likes this

18.4 by the end of. 2018  - 4.7 to go

2018 Gardiners Run Senior Matchplay Champion

2018 Keysborough GC Gala Team Event Winner

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Frank" founding member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users