#556 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:28 PM

Par today on the presidents course and off the white markers and playing off 9 for the day, I started with 3 pars and promptly wiped the 4th and played scramble golf for the next few holes and finished the nine square. The back nine was worse and all my luck was waiting in the club house for me to join it. I finished 4 down with no pluses on the nine but a NTP at least gave me a bragging rights for the day.
Handicap has not moved and summer 4 ball pennant starts next weekend so hopefully my handicap will not move too much either way for the next few weeks of club golf.
  • Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#557 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:43 PM

Stableford on the captains course and playing off 10 and sliced the drive and ended up in the trees and scrambled to get a bogey.
The front nine was a scrambling affair and even with a birdie on the ninth for 4 points I finished with 14 points and a wipe and too many single point holes.
The second nine was similar and finished with 15 points and a wiped hole for a total of 29 points but finished with a par.
Handicap is now 8.5
  • Francie likes this

#558 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:14 PM

Stableford on the captains course and playing off the white markers, it was an easy start with a par and played ok the 9 to have 19 points with 2 birdies. The back nine was shambles for a few holes after wiping the 11 th and then 4 putting the next hole but settled down and notched up another birdie for 4 points and finished with 16 points for a total of 35 points.
  • Francie and Forrest Gardener like this

#559 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:43 PM

Played handicap 4bbb pennant at Yarrawonga on the Murray Course yesterday and we lost 3/2 to Corowa.
The driving off the tee was hot and cold but a lot of my approach shots were at a level I was happy with and I was using a Pro V1 after I have been using the AVX for the last weeks.
I found the Pro V1 was reacting well to my short irons and some how I even managed to get one to suck back when I hit out of a green side bunker.
When I finish my stock of AVX I will probably go back to the Pro V1 again .
Friday was happy hour on the range and had been running for a few weeks and a group have been going to happy hour and having a couple of drinks and getting tips from the pro.
I did get a tip that hopefully will help ( I was putting my weight on my heels ) and I might even reduce the dreaded slice.
I did get to hit a few balls with a extra stiff driver and I need to pick up a lot more club head if I ever want to play with one.
  • Forrest Gardener likes this

#560 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:13 PM

Played 4 man Ambrose on Wednesday and we had 65 off the stick ( 7 under) for nett 57.25 and the winners of the day, we combined well and it was a dropout Ambrose event.
Today was stableford today and lucky I decided to tee off at 0900 as it was high 30s later in the day. I started on the back nine and and hacked my way around the nine for 13 points and 3 wipes. The second nine was better with 20 points but 1 wiped hole was the fly in the ointment. There was a couple birdies that went begging but I got the pars and I was 1 over on the the 8 holes I scored on.
A total of 33 points for the day and overall I was happy with the results even though I wiped too many holes but sometimes playing well and scoring well don’t go together.

Pennant tomorrow at Corowa and a cooler day is forecast.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users