#541 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:53 PM

It replaced a played to 9.3 or 9.4 and a played to 12.2 was yesterday’s result.

#542 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:15 PM

Stableford on the captains course and off the white markers and playing off 12, the day started off with a easy bogey and a couple pars where I did not get a shot and finished with 19 points on the nine with 2 pars on 8 and 9.
The back nine started off ok but soon turned to poo with a couple of trips off the fairway and picking the wrong club for shots into the green. I somehow managed to get 9 points on the nine with 3 wiped holes.
I will be having a tuneup on Friday and hopefully sort out a few things but there is not much that is wrong that needs a overhaul, I just need to focus on what I am doing.
  • Francie likes this

#543 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:59 AM

Played stableford yesterday on the captains course and started on the back nine, after having a tuneup on Friday I was encouraged to use a pre shot routine to keep a good tempo and on the range it works well but on the tee it does not have the same effect as on the fairway but it’s a work in progress. I finished with 18 points with one wipe on the first nine with one birdie and six one putt holes.
The second nine was a bit better and finished with 21 points on the nine and no wipes and 5 one putt holes.
I finished with 39 points and drop of handicap down to 10.2.
The pre shot routine was getting easier on the second nine but off the tee I have a different routine that seems to work and is a natural routine that seems to work. The idea was to incorporate a routine to to prevent me from rushing my shots.
I was happy with the putting yesterday and no three putts for a change and a couple of holes I did not get the ball to the hole but I was still happy with my results.
  • iRON MiCK and Forrest Gardener like this

#544 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:18 PM

Par today on the presidents course and started on the back nine with an easy bogey and followed up with 2 pars but the wheels soon fell off and finished the nine 3 down but still 9 holes to go. The second nine was better and finished 1 up on the nine. The new pre shot routine is slowly getting ingrained and when I get it right I am hitting the ball well and Not rushing my shots. Handicap is now 10.4 but hopefully I can get it down to single figures soon.
  • Forrest Gardener likes this

#545 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:51 PM

Stableford on the presidents course and started on the back nine and off the white markers and playing off 11. Today started off on the right track and was driving the ball well and a majority of my approach shots were putting in me in good position and after 9 I was sitting on 19 points.
My driving had gone off a bit for a couple holes but I still managed to scramble a few holes and once I sorted out the driver my game clicked again and a 4 point birdie helped the cause but on the 8th (our 17th hole)I wiped the par 3 and was the only blot on the score card but finished with a par to have 18 points on the nine for a total of 37 points.
Handicap is now 10.2 (again) and hopefully I can get it to a reasonable number soon.
I just need to take care with the driver at times and stay on the fairway and avoid trouble and try to limit bad holes.
  • Forrest Gardener likes this

#546 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:37 PM

Stableford on the captains course and playing off the white markers. Today was one of those days when when I either played really well or struggled to play well and with 3 birdies on the nine it was looking like it could be either very good or not so good. The back nine was a bit of a problem with 2 wipes and a couple single point holes but a par to finish helped a bit and 15 points on the nine gave me 37 points for the day.
Handicap is 9.9 and the next 2 games are at Spring Valley and Woodlands and hopefully a couple of average games might get my handicap a bit lower.
  • Francie, iRON MiCK and Forrest Gardener like this

#547 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 01:59 PM

Played Spring Valley yesterday and playing off 11 and started on the 10th and it was one of my better days as I finished with 80 nett 69 on par 71 but it was a day of what could have been with a double and triple bogey thrown in the mix and one birdie but it was all clicking for me with the putter running warm.
Today I started on the 3rd on a shotgun start and scrambled at times but had a run of 5 pars in a row but did temper that with a triple bogey and threw another double bogey in the mix but no birdies today. I finished with 84 nett 73 and very happy with my results.
I played with CB80’s mate bill yesterday but won’t comment on his results:).
Hopefully my handicap has dropped a bit but it usually takes a couple days for golflink to make adjustments after some of these events.
  • CaNadiAn MiCk, Francie, iRON MiCK and 1 other like this

#548 Forrest Gardener

Forrest Gardener

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationCairns

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:18 AM

Played Spring Valley yesterday and playing off 11 and started on the 10th and it was one of my better days as I finished with 80 nett 69 on par 71 but it was a day of what could have been with a double and triple bogey thrown in the mix and one birdie but it was all clicking for me with the putter running warm.
Today I started on the 3rd on a shotgun start and scrambled at times but had a run of 5 pars in a row but did temper that with a triple bogey and threw another double bogey in the mix but no birdies today. I finished with 84 nett 73 and very happy with my results.
I played with CB80’s mate bill yesterday but won’t comment on his results:).
Hopefully my handicap has dropped a bit but it usually takes a couple days for golflink to make adjustments after some of these events.

You would only have been a couple of shots off the winning 36 hole score. Good stuff.

#549 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:21 AM

I was 2 shots adrift in the nett , I could blame the the 2 par 3’s where I walked off with a 6 on both days but I was happy with a 69 and 73 nett and the winner had 65 and 75 nett.
  • Francie, iRON MiCK and Birdie Blitz like this

#550 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:36 PM

Back to the normal day of golf and monthly medal on the captains course and any semblance of how I played during the week was not there until the 5th hole where I did get a par and had another 3 but the double bogies had done the damage and finished with 42 off the stick on the 9.
The back nine was similar and one birdie on a par 3 with a NTP but finished with 42 off the stick for total of 84 nett 74 and handicap is now 8.9 and a drop of .1 but not playing off single figures but I can say I’m off single figures.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#551 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:42 PM

A quick check of how my handicap has been going since 01 January, started on 8.8 lowest was 7.9 and highest was 11.0 and today it’s 8.9.
  • Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#552 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:51 PM

Back to normal club golf and stableford on the captains course and playing off 10, it was going to be a struggle with the wind making shot selection important, I started off with 2 bogies and a birdie and went down from there and managed 16 points on the nine and chopped the back nine for 13 points for a total of 29 points.
The bonus is no move in my handicap.
  • Francie likes this

#553 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

Stableford on the presidents course and after a purple patch my handicap has caught up with me and now I have to change my thought process when playing. Today I had 14 points on the nine with a wiped hole and a 4 point birdie but too many single point holes. The back nine was similar and no wipes or birdies but too many single point holes and 16 points on the nine for a total of 30 points.
Today I was just swinging too quick off the tee and spraying the ball every where but when I slowed down a bit I was hitting fairways. Handicap has not moved and hopefully I can get it down a bit lower.
  • Francie and Forrest Gardener like this

#554 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:31 PM

Stableford on the captains course and off the white markers and played something resembling golf, I wiped the first hole and that set the tone for the day. I had 10 points on the front nine and 17 points on the back nine and total of 27 points.
There was a few good holes and few ok holes and 4 wipes.
Sooner or later decent golf will return.

#555 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:28 PM

Stableford on the presidents course on Saturday and finished with 37 points and wiped 1 hole.

Today was stableford again and on the presidents course and playing off 10 , I started off with 2 pars and happy with the start and finished with 19 points and and no wipes and a couple pars thrown in.
The back nine was similar and a couple single point holes slowed the scoring but 2 pars put me back on track to playing to my handicap but a bogey on the last hole for a point saw me finish with 17 points on the nine and a total of 36 points and handicap dropped to 8.4.
  • Francie and Forrest Gardener like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users