#526 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2894 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 06 August 2018 - 11:32 AM

Monthly medal on the presidents course and started with a double bogey and followed up with 5 pars and 3 bogies for 40 on the back nine. I was happy with the result on the first nine after a double bogey start.
The second nine started off with a par and then a chip in birdie out of bunker, the next hole was doomed for a double bogey but a good putt saw me walk off with a bogey 6. The next hole was absolute garbage and after a brain fade or rush of the red mist I walked off with a 10 and took a couple holes to settle down and finished par,par,bogey ,double and finished with 48 off the stick for a total of 88 nett 77.
Handicap dropped from 9.2 to 9.0 and the recent tuneup is helping the overall game and hopefully I can get back on track.

#527 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2894 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:52 PM

Stableford at Cobram and chopped it up for 24 points. Swing was all over the place and took too many holes to get sorted out. Handicap is now 9.3 and not much else to say.

#528 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2894 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:15 PM

Par today on a composite course of captains back nine and presidents front nine and started on the presidents front and playing off the white markers and handicap was 11 for the day.
I wiped the first hole after hitting into the trees and stuffing the hole up then started to play better and finished the nine square with some good short irons helping the confidence for the rest of the day.
The back nine was similar and a couple birdie chances went begging but overall I was happy with how I was playing and finished 1 up for the nine to finish 1up for the day.
Some of the wedges from 100 metres in were on the money and gave me some birdie putts which I could not convert but gave me confidence in my irons.
The handicap yo-yo continues and it’s now 9.1.
  • Francie and Forrest Gardener like this

#529 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2894 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:28 PM

Stroke today on a composite course of presidents front nine and captains back nine and off the white markers. After the yo-yo of handicap moving I was off 10 today and the par was 73 , I was playing ok on the front nine with no double bogey holes but a couple of missed chances saw my score a couple more than I wanted but I was happy with the game so far.
The back nine was going ok until I put one in the bunker and had a fried egg and messed the hole up but walked off with 6 on a par 4. I did scramble a couple of pars on the way home and I finished with 85 nett 75.
Driving was good today with the wind blowing all day and the wedges were not as deadly as Sunday but I was playing ok golf.
Handicap dropped to 9.0 and still a few flags dropping off so the yo-yo may continue.
  • Francie, iRON MiCK and Forrest Gardener like this

#530 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2894 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:46 PM

Stableford on a composite course of captains front and presidents back and off 10 for the day. It was blowing all the dogs off the chains and I am sure the chooks laid the same egg 3 times, but enough of excuses I played the first nine ok and we started on the back nine first and I had 17 points but the second nine was crap and wiped the first 2 holes and finished with 13 points for a total of 30 points. There were some good points in today’s game but the poor holes outweighed the good or so it felt.
The putter was playing the game and a couple of long putts gave me confidence in my putting.
My handicap yo-yo continues and it’s now 9.2.
  • Francie likes this

#531 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2894 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 06:43 PM

Not much to say about today but it was par on a composite course of captains front and presidents back and after 9 I was 1 down and played the second nine and it all went to poo, I was 5 down on the nine with 1 hole where I had a win and halved a couple and Lost the others. Handicap is now 9.8

#532 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2894 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:15 PM

Handicap is now 10.9 the highest it’s been in nearly 2 years but there is some good signs in my game with ball striking but I am just not scoring well. The greens were cored last week and it’s hit and hope at some holes but in a month or so the greens will be better and the ball hopefully will stay on track and not bobble and bounce all over the place.
I must be due another tuneup soon and see what needs to be fixed.
  • Forrest Gardener likes this

#533 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2894 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:01 PM

Monthly medal on the presidents course yesterday and played one of my better games for a while. I had a pair of 42’s with 2 double bogies in the mix and played off 13 for the day and finished with a nett 71. The greens were still bumpy but slowly getting better.
Today I played at Tatura at hilltop golf course and worse than yesterday with a 88 nett 76 but it’s only day 1 of the Victorian Senior championships and play at Shepparton tomorrow and again on Wednesday. It was only a couple bad shots that hurt today but it took a few holes to get used to the quicker greens but hopefully I can improve the next couple days and get my handicap back down.
  • Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#534 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2894 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:14 PM

Shepparton the last 2 days and 91 and 93 off the stick, there were some absolutely crap holes that did the damage and saw me walk off with triple and quad bogies and made it hard to regain confidence in my game but I managed to get a couple pars but the damage was done and I finished my game both days on a positive note.
Tune up time I think and try to get my handicap heading the right way.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#535 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2894 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:37 PM

Stroke today on the presidents course and on too many holes I stuffed up with a double or triple bogey. There was one birdie early in the front nine but followed up with a double bogey and another double bogey two holes later. I think I am hitting the ball well but still manage to find a way to play a couple bad holes to hurt the score.
Hopefully I can sort my game out soon and get my handicap back on track.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users