#496 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:56 PM

Stableford on the captains course and playing crap, it was one of those days when I either got an easy par or struggled to score a point. It must be time to stop riding in a cart and start walking the course again with the cooler weather and at least I can stay warm and keep some sort of tempo going.
Today I had 25 points and not much to say except I did get a NTP but it’s time for a tuneup and get the handicap down.

#497 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:58 PM

Round 4 of club championships and on the captains course and started on the back nine with a 3 putt bogey but followed up with a birdie and had everything thrown in from there on and finished with 43 off the stick. The second nine was similar and finished with 43 off the stick for 86 nett 75. I was hitting a few fat and blamed trying to sneak a look at where I was hitting instead of watching the ball and I need to work on that and see what happens. My handicap is now 9.5.
  • Francie likes this

#498 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

Stableford on a composite course of both back nines and started on the captains course and started with a bogey and followed up with a birdie and seemed to scramble at times but finished with 20 points on the nine. The second nine was going ok till I had a bogey and wiped the hole and scrambled the next couple holes but finished with 2 pars for 16 points on the nine for a total of 36 points and my handicap has dropped to 9.1.
  • Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#499 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:48 PM

Stableford on the presidents course and started on the back nine for something different and off 10 today. After getting a BCC ( basal cell carcinoma) cut off my back and getting 12 stitches I had to take enforced break for nearly 2 weeks but the stitches came out on Monday and I went out yesterday to practice chipping and blow the cobwebs out.
Today it was good to see a little break did not hurt my game and I had no wipes but 1double bogey but 2 birdies. The first nine was the back nine and finished with 18 points. The second nine was the front nine (if that makes sense) and I struggled at times with the wind off the tee but finished with 21 points with a birdie thrown in .
I finished with 39 points and hopefully a drop in handicap.
  • Francie, iRON MiCK and hack2489 like this

#500 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:45 PM

Played Canadian 4somes yesterday and not much to crow about but we did not finish last. Today was 2 man aggregate stableford and I had 33 points with a wipe but did chip in on a hole for birdie and 4 points but a couple of single point holes and not enough pars was the story of the day. Single stableford tomorrow and hopefully I can play close to my handicap.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#501 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:50 PM

Stableford today on the captains course and shotgun start and I scrambled all day or so it felt and finished with 30 points with 2 wipes . I was hitting the ball ok but not scoring like I would have liked. I took the 5 wood out and replaced it with a 4 wood but that was not the problem today it was just a couple of bad shots that crept in and I was not aggressive enough with my short game at times.
Next game is next Sunday playing pennant.

#502 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:12 PM

Winter pennant today and handicap pennant and had to give 2 shots, I played generally crap but on a crap day weather wise it was going to be a long day. I could make excuses but today was not my day and I can use it as warm up for the next few days ahead.

#503 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13148 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted Yesterday, 10:28 PM

Handicap pennant is for the handicapped

18.4 by Dec. 2018

2018 Keysborough GC Gala Team Event 

2017 VIC ISG OOM Overall Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

#504 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23814 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted Today, 12:01 PM

Handicap pennant is for the handicapped

Don't worry Mick, you'll never be invited to play scratch pennant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users