#482 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:20 PM

Bit of a recap of 3 days at the National, my driving did not get me into too much trouble and I lost no balls off the tee and hit some crackers using all the contours of the fairways to my advantage and a couple of 270 + metre drives but I will take them. The new irons (ap3) worked a treat and I had all the confidence in them and averages on par 3s were pretty impressive by my standards. The wedges that made their way into the bag certainly impressed me and the 60 degree on the last day scared the hole a couple times and missed birdies by not much and made easy pars.
My putting at times was crap but lots of players struggled with the greens and stories of 5 putts were not uncommon.
I will be seeing my teacher/coach for a tune up this week to sort out a few issues that creep in my game.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#483 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:22 PM

Stableford on the captains course and started on the back nine and started with a par and scrambled a couple pars where I did not get a shot and finished with 15 points with no wipes but a couple of extra single point holes did not help.
The second nine was similar and finished with 14 points and a total of 29 points and I felt like I was striking the ball well but not scoring better so it’s off for a tune up this week to help the handicap drop.

#484 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

Stableford on a composite course of captains front and presidents back nines and off the white markers, after some major changes to the bag my golf has been somewhat variable and after a purple patch it has come back to bite me and with 7 flagged rounds dropping off my handicap could go anywhere but that’s a minor problem.
I felt like I was hitting the ball well today but not dropping putts hurt the result today with 4 putts finishing less than a foot from the hole but it was only the speed that was the issue.
My handicap has gone out to 8.9 but a tuneup hopefully will sort out any issues and I can get lower again.
  • GhettoGolfer, Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#485 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:19 PM

Played at Cobram on the west course and stroke was the game of the day, what can I blame for the result today..... I can’t blame the conditions because the weather was fine and there was a light breeze and I still played poorly at times.
I had 88 nett 78 with a couple missed chances.
The major change this week was the introduction of the Kotahi putter grip and introduction of the associated putting technique. It will take a few games to get used to putting with the new grip but hopefully the changes will help.
My handicap is in free fall but due to losing 6 flags in a row it could go any where and with major changes to the bag in the last few weeks and a tune up this week I expect to go backwards before improving again ( I hope) . My handicap is now 9.3
  • Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#486 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:17 PM

Played 9 holes this afternoon with the intention of practicing the new putting technique after the introduction of the the Kotahi putter grip. I could bore anyone reading this with my version of it but google Kotahi putter grip or BJM putter grips and see for your self. It may not suit everyone but hopefully it will eliminate one of the issues I have with putting at times.
I hear it takes 1000 ( one thousand ) repetitions to ingrain a new movement so I better get on the practice green to get to a 1000.
  • iRON MiCK and hack2489 like this

#487 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:51 PM

Par today on a composite course of both front nines and it was one of those days when I either played well or scrambled to get a halved hole and wiped a few holes as well. We started on the presidents front nine and after the holes have been reassigned new stroke ratings I have to think about what holes I get shots on and change how I approach the hole. I was 2 down after nine and the back nine was going similar to the front nine with a couple missed chances but finished 2 down on the nine for grand total of 4 down.
The new putter grip and technique are getting better and I have only about 900 more reps to go before it’s ingrained.

#488 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

Round 1 of club championships and on the captains course and played fairly steady on the front nine with not many mistakes but the scoring showed I had 42 off the stick and close to my handicap. The back nine was similar until a double bogey crept in and finished with a triple bogey after one of the attempted putts did a horseshoe and otherwise the nine was ok.
Round 2 tomorrow and surviving the day will be the order of the day and reduce any mistakes and see what happens.

#489 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

Round 2 of club championships and managed to chop it up for 91 nett 79.
We played the presidents course and started on the back nine and scrambled for the first few holes until the 14th par 3 when I hit my tee shot into the bunker and then airmailed the green and followed by a couple of delicate chips and by the time I finished mucking about I walked off with 8. The scramble was on and by the end of the 9 I had 46off the stick and used all but 1 of my handicap. The back/second nine was not much better and a couple of double bogies did not help and had 45 off the stick.
My handicap is now 10.2 hopefully I can get it back down .

#490 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14554 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:40 PM

8 on a par 3 is iRON MiCK like. Not really.
  • Tochakka likes this

18.4 by the end of. 2018  - 4.7 to go

2018 Gardiners Run Senior Matchplay Champion

2018 Keysborough GC Gala Team Event Winner

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Frank" founding member

#491 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:36 PM

Round 1 of Senior amateur event at Cobram and on the Old Course and started on the 10th with a double bogey. I thought it was going to be one of those days but turned it around with a par and a birdie and started to enjoy the day,another double bogey followed but another par tempered the double. The second nine was better with no double bogies and luck was not always on my side with a few birdie chances gone begging during the day.
The first nine was 41 off the stick and the second nine was 40 off the stick for 81 nett 70 and a few shots left out there .
Day 2 tomorrow on the west course and another stroke round.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#492 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:13 PM

Round 2 of the Senior amateur at Cobram on the West course and started on the back nine again but started with a bogey today after hitting a tree and getting a friendly bounce back on the fairway. It took a couple holes to stop hitting left but sorted it out and settled down and tried to reduce the mistakes and finished the 9 with 45 off the stick and a couple worse than I wanted but I was not going to let my game go to crap and just started to try to play conservative and reduce mistakes.
The second nine was better and finished with 40 off the stick with one birdie thrown in.
I finished with 85 nett 74 and so far I am happy with the results and just have to see what Thursday brings with the weather and the golf.

#493 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:52 AM

Thursday was round 3 of the Cobram Senior amateur event and played the Old Course again and started on 10. The weather was fine when we started and the change hit about 1230 when we crossed to the second nine and the rain started but was not too bad just annoying at times and cool. I had 43 off the stick on the first nine and mucked a couple holes but I was happy with how I was going. The second nine was similar and finished with 43 off the stick but a couple holes could have been better but everyone was playing in the same conditions.
I had 86 nett 75 and overall I had 252 nett 219 and was overall nett runner up on a count back.

Edited by Tochakka, 11 May 2018 - 09:52 AM.

#494 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42053 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:00 AM

Well done

Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

2018 Nationals 4BBB Champion with Commish
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 2 round at Kooralbyn

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 3 round at Sanctuary Cove Pines
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#495 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2961 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:32 PM

Round 3 of club championships and on the presidents course and blowing a good wind, I finished with 88 nett 77 with 2 back to back triple bogies:(. I was hitting everything fat today and can only put it down to 6 games in 8 days. My tempo was just not there today but was lucky with some shots that ran on and left me in good spots.
A couple days of no golf and hopefully I can get back on track.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users