#482 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2755 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:20 PM

Bit of a recap of 3 days at the National, my driving did not get me into too much trouble and I lost no balls off the tee and hit some crackers using all the contours of the fairways to my advantage and a couple of 270 + metre drives but I will take them. The new irons (ap3) worked a treat and I had all the confidence in them and averages on par 3s were pretty impressive by my standards. The wedges that made their way into the bag certainly impressed me and the 60 degree on the last day scared the hole a couple times and missed birdies by not much and made easy pars.
My putting at times was crap but lots of players struggled with the greens and stories of 5 putts were not uncommon.
I will be seeing my teacher/coach for a tune up this week to sort out a few issues that creep in my game.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#483 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2755 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:22 PM

Stableford on the captains course and started on the back nine and started with a par and scrambled a couple pars where I did not get a shot and finished with 15 points with no wipes but a couple of extra single point holes did not help.
The second nine was similar and finished with 14 points and a total of 29 points and I felt like I was striking the ball well but not scoring better so it’s off for a tune up this week to help the handicap drop.

#484 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2755 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

Stableford on a composite course of captains front and presidents back nines and off the white markers, after some major changes to the bag my golf has been somewhat variable and after a purple patch it has come back to bite me and with 7 flagged rounds dropping off my handicap could go anywhere but that’s a minor problem.
I felt like I was hitting the ball well today but not dropping putts hurt the result today with 4 putts finishing less than a foot from the hole but it was only the speed that was the issue.
My handicap has gone out to 8.9 but a tuneup hopefully will sort out any issues and I can get lower again.
  • GhettoGolfer, Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#485 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2755 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:19 PM

Played at Cobram on the west course and stroke was the game of the day, what can I blame for the result today..... I can’t blame the conditions because the weather was fine and there was a light breeze and I still played poorly at times.
I had 88 nett 78 with a couple missed chances.
The major change this week was the introduction of the Kotahi putter grip and introduction of the associated putting technique. It will take a few games to get used to putting with the new grip but hopefully the changes will help.
My handicap is in free fall but due to losing 6 flags in a row it could go any where and with major changes to the bag in the last few weeks and a tune up this week I expect to go backwards before improving again ( I hope) . My handicap is now 9.3
  • Francie and iRON MiCK like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users