#466 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:44 PM

Stableford on the presidents course and the front nine was a mixed bag of pars bogies and double bogies. I had 14 points on the nine with no wipes but scrambled to get the points I did. The back nine was better and had 18 points but it was one of those days when it was windy and I was between clubs or over thinking the shot and scrambled to get what I finished with . 32 points was way off the pace and my handicap did not move.

#467 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:30 PM

Stableford on the captains course and we started on the back nine and had 19 points with one wipe and because I am playing in a veterans tournament I am also playing a stroke event and the wipe was an 8 on the 12 th par 5. For the nine I had 5 pars, 1 birdie , one triple and 2 bogies. The second nine was starting off ok until I had 2 crap holes then followed up by 2 worse holes but finished with 3 pars for 14 points on the nine for a total of 33 points.
Thursday is the last 18 holes of the tournament and Friday is a mixed 4ball event.

#468 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:56 PM

Stableford on the captains course and started on the back nine and a repeat of the start from Tuesday with a par and a birdie to start and it slowly unravelled on the par 3,s and not much else went right. The first nine saw me with 16 points and played crap on the second nine for 13 points and total of 29 points for the day.

#469 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:35 PM

Stableford on a composite course of both front nines and off the white markers and started with a big slice on the captains first and promptly wiped the hole. It was a hit and miss affair for the day. I had 16 points on the front nine with 2 wipes and 18 points on the back for 34 points for the day.
The new irons will take a while to get used to but I can’t blame the clubs for crap playing.
Titleist ap3 with tensei graphite shafts are the new toys and it will take some time to adjust to the difference in launch and distance.
  • Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#470 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:53 PM

Stableford on the presidents course and started on the back nine and a easy par to start the day and did not hit the fairway. I promptly wiped the next hole then followed up with a birdie. It was a bit hit and miss at times but scrambled to have 18 points on the nine. The second nine was not much better and took till the 16th hole to sort my drive out. The irons were behaving today and a demo 60 degree wedge is in the bag for a few games to help sort out the “scoring clubs”.
I finished with 34 points and no change in handicap see it at 8.3.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#471 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:12 PM

Today was one of those days when I started off with 3 wipes and finished the nine with 3 pars to have 13 points on the nine. The back nine was similar and started with 2 wipes and lost a ball in the process I did manage to finish with a birdie to end up with 12 points for a dismal 25 points. I think it was one of those days when nothing was going my way but hopefully it will improve.

#472 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:52 PM

Stroke today on a composite course of both front nines and started on the presidents course and scrambled to have 43 off the stick on a par 37 with 1 double bogey thrown in but I was happy otherwise with the 9. The second nine was better but a couple of bad shots did not help and had 3 putts in 5 holes hit the edge but not fall in. I finished with 41 off the stick on the nine for 84 nett 74 and no movement in handicap.
The new irons are taking a bit to get used to but a few good shots make me think about playing a club less but I will see how I go.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#473 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:00 PM

Par today on the presidents course and started on the back nine and chopped it up to be 4 down at the turn and continued to chop it up but some how finished square on the nine to finish 4 down for the day. Issues from today were too many to contemplate and were either swinging too quick or trying to hit it into the next postcode.
The bright side is on am on the right side of the grass.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#474 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:41 PM

Monthly medal on the presidents course and I should have stayed home but no I ventured out and there was not much to crow about but sometimes bad luck is better than no luck.i had one shot that sat on the edge of the bunker and the only way to play it was stand in the bunker and attempt to hit the ball, needless to say I walked off with a 9 on the par 5 and the round became a practice round from then on.
There were some good holes and 1 birdie thrown in.
Finished with 92 nett 72 and hopefully 3 days at the National will not be as painful as today in the scoring department. My handicap is now 8.5

#475 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34966 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:47 PM

Monthly medal on the presidents course and I should have stayed home but no I ventured out and there was not much to crow about but sometimes bad luck is better than no luck.i had one shot that sat on the edge of the bunker and the only way to play it was stand in the bunker and attempt to hit the ball, needless to say I walked off with a 9 on the par 5 and the round became a practice round from then on.
There were some good holes and 1 birdie thrown in.
Finished with 92 nett 72 and hopefully 3 days at the National will not be as painful as today in the scoring department. My handicap is now 8.5

Should that be 82?

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

#476 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:42 PM

Should that be 82?

Yep I must have been dreaming again, I wish I was off 20 sometimes.:)
  • Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#477 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

Round 1 and 2 of the National Senior Masters at the National, round 1 was on Moonah and shotgun start on 15 and hacked the first couple holes but birdied the par 3 17th and then kept on chopping it up until the 8th par 3 where I got another birdie and another on the par 3 13th. I checked my stats last night and on the par 3s I had an average of 2.75 but I had 5 on the other par 3 and if I had par or bogey I would have been one of the lowest scorers on par 3s on the day.
Round 2 on the Old Course and not much went my way but I can’t blame anyone but my self for how I played, on the par 3 7th I ended up in the back bunker and promptly hit it out of sight over the green and donated a ball to the course.
I finished with 89 nett 79 and more than likely playing Moonah again tomorrow and the Ocean course has to wait another year.

#478 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13146 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:04 PM

The Old Course is fairly stunning though.

18.4 by Dec. 2018

2018 Keysborough GC Gala Team Event 

2017 VIC ISG OOM Overall Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

#479 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:18 PM

The Old Course is a treat for the eyes and lots of holes can sort out the good and unlucky golfer.

Played Moonah again today in the consolation final and played some holes better than Tuesday and some worse. There were some bursts of brilliance chipping close or out of a bunker but missing fairways hurts the end result on the hole.
I had 88 nett 79 with only 1 birdie today on a par 3 but the weather bared it’s teeth for a little while but nothing too serious.
Back to club golf on Sunday.

#480 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10114 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:39 PM

What a great course the Nash is. I absolutely love that place.
Because some idiots complain that my sig is too large:
th_Ghettobanner_zpsik8air89.jpg

Golflink: http://www.golf.org....icap/3013502329

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users