#451 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2695 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

4bbb stableford today on a composite course of both back nines and shotgun start at 0800 am start to avoid the hottest part of the day. We finished with 42 points and won a ball down the line. Two birdies for the day helped and a couple of bad holes tempered the result but overall I was happy with the day and finished with 36 points on my own.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#452 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2695 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

Par today on the captains course and started on the 2nd and early start at 8am for the third day running for summer tournament. It looked like a long day after I wiped 4 the first 5 holes and then had a halved hole and followed up with 3 pluses and the day looked promising and ended up wiping the 17 th par 3 but finished with a half and a win on the last hole to finish all square for the day.
  • Weetbix likes this

#453 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2695 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

Stableford on the presidents course and started on the back nine first. Started with 2 pars but followed up with a wipe. I scrambled at times to finish with 18 points on the nine and when I started on the second nine it was a similar story but did not wipe any holes and finished with a par for 19 points and a total of 37 points for the day.
There were some good points in today’s game but at times the putting was not up to scratch and left a few putts short in the windy conditions. Sunday is scratch pennant and hopefully I can get putts to the hole.

#454 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2695 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:21 PM

Played scratch pennant (4bbb)yesterday at Benalla and my partner plays off plus 1 and our opponents were off 4 and 5 and on a tight course the home team had the advantage of course knowledge. We were 3 down at the turn but did get back to square. I halved a couple holes and won a couple but in the end their experience with the course got them over the line, there were some good points in my game and we combined well at times.
Wednesday is par and off the white markers and hopefully I can play close to my handicap.
  • Francie likes this

#455 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2695 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:41 PM

Par today on the presidents course and started on the back nine and struggled for the first few holes to be 3 down after 5 holes with a couple of halved holes where I did not get a shot. It all clicked and I parred 4 holes in a row to be 1up at the turn.
The second nine started with 2 wipes but I followed up with two birdies to be back where I was at the start of the nine I then had 3 halved holes in a row but finished with 2 pars to finish 3 up for the day.
The wedge was being naughty at times but it may have been operator error that was the problem. One of the highlights of the round was hitting a wedge off the toe when I was 50 metres out and promptly chipped the next shot in for birdie on a par 5.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#456 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2695 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:24 PM

Played 2 man Ambrose over the weekend and 36 hole event. Saturday we had 71 off the stick on the presidents course and the best score was 60 off the stick on the presidents course. Today we played the captains course and and had 75 off the stick and the best score was 63 off the stick. Our handicap was 5.75 and we combined well at times but a couple bad holes did not help. No handicap changes.

#457 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2695 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

Stableford on a composite course of presidents front nine and captains back nine and the par is 73 with 5 par 5s. The front nine was one of my better nines for a while and had 21 points with 2 birdies on holes where I did not get a shot and was 2 over the card for the nine. The back nine started off ok and then a crap display of putting threw my off my game for a couple holes. I did hit one of my longer drives for a long time then chunked a wedge in a bunker and stuffed the hole. I did finish with 4 pars and 16 points on the nine for a total of 37 points and a drop in handicap from 8.5 to 8.0.
There were some aspects of today’s game that show I could be playing off a lot lower but time will tell.
  • Francie likes this

#458 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2695 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:08 PM

Stableford on the presidents course and shotgun start and started on the 4th and playing off 9 and I don’t get a shot on the first 5 holes on the presidents course and miss 4 in a row on the back nine. I started off ok and then had 3 pars in a row but followed up with 4 single points in a row when we crossed to the back nine. Not much was going wrong today but missed a couple chances. Handicap has dropped to 7.9 and hopefully I can nudge it down a bit further.
  • Francie likes this

#459 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2695 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:46 PM

Stroke today on a composite course of captains front and presidents back nine with a par of 71 and off the white markers. Today was one of those days that everything seemed to be going my way with a bit of luck thrown in.
The front nine was looking good and finished with 2 pars to finish the nine playing to my handicap, the back nine started with a birdie where I got a shot but then had 2 bogies in a row where I did not get a shot then had a birdie on a par 5 and had an eagle chance but settled for the birdie.
It was looking good till the 17 th and I walked off with an 8 after finishing in a bunker with my drive and then chopped it up to throw the day away. The 18th was another crap hole and had 5 on the par 3.
I was within a couple shots of my handicap and had another flagged round and handicap went out to 8.1 ,after today I have played the last 6 games and had a flagged round.

Edited by Tochakka, 21 February 2018 - 07:48 PM.

#460 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

NAGA Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11765 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:27 PM

Norman like
  • Tochakka likes this

Off my face, made the cut.............

2017 VIC ISG OOM Champion

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

#461 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2695 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:53 AM

Norman like

Not a real implosion but 2 holes was enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users