#436 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

Monthly medal on the captains course and it was either crap more crap or for a change easy pars. I started with a double bogey and followed by a bogey and then a triple and by then it was obvious it was going to be "one of those days " I finished with 47 off the stick and 11 over par on the nine. The back nine started a bit better until an 8 on the 12 hole par 5 let me know " one of those days" was still there and finished with 43 off the stick on the nine and a total of 90 off the stick for nett 79.
There were some good holes played yesterday and some absolute crap ones but when I have "one of those days " I just have to suck it up and move on.
  • Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#437 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

Stableford on Saturday and 22 points, 5 wipes in that and it was windy and I have no other excuse.
Stableford today on the presidents course and started on the back nine and took 4 holes to get sorted out and finished with 13 points with 2 wipes. The front nine was better and started off with birdie ,par,par birdie, par and finished bogey, par,bogey,bogey for 21 points and one over par on the nine and grand total of 34 points.
Handicap has not moved and still 9.2

#438 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:56 PM

Played 4bbb pennant golf at Deniliquin against Corowa and our opponents were off 0 and 4 and we did get 9 and 12 shots but knew we were in for a tough day weather wise and game wise. We did get 2up at one stage but a couple of storms passed through and made conditions tough and a couple of bad holes saw the lead change and we got to the 17th 1 down and luck looked like it might swing our way but a birdie by one of their players had me with a birdie putt to halve the hole but a 20 foot chance went begging and we lost 2 and 1. It’s never fun to lose but when it’s a birdie putt that was 30 foot and down a tier on a green you have to take it on the chin and can only wonder about the “ what if....” and hopefully play better next time.
The 58 degree wedge did not get much use off the fairway yesterday but the 8iron was used to bump and run as the wedge has been giving me some issues lately and I need to fix them up.

#439 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:33 PM

Stableford on a composite course of both front nines and after a good drive and second shot followed by 3 jab bogey for 2 points and 3 pars in a row saw my game looking promising. A couple good holes and 1 average hole saw me finish with 20 points. The back nine was a struggle at times and I finished with 15 points with a few missed chances due to crap putting.
The driver was working well today did not miss many fairways but the 4 wood needed some work.
Putter was hot and cold but not playing for a couple weeks saw a bit of rust in the game.
Handicap slipped to 9.6

#440 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

Stableford on the presidents course and off the white markers and playing off 11.
The front nine was looking promising and no wipes and missed a couple chances but a birdie on the 9th for 4 points made the nine look respectable with 19 points.
The back nine was a bit of scramble at times but no wipes but the closing holes were going well but a birdie on 17 for 4 points and a birdie on the last hole for 4 points boosted the total and 22 points on the back nine and finished with 41 points.
Today was one of my better rounds and 77 off the stick on a par 72 but the scratch rating was 71 and dsr was 70.
Hopefully the trend continues and handicap will drop from 9.4 to under 9 in the next month or so.
  • Weetbix, Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#441 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41858 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:04 AM

Good round - gotta love a birdie birdie finish!
  • Tochakka likes this
Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#442 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:18 PM

Good round - gotta love a birdie birdie finish!

I birdied 9 for 3 for 4 and on 18 I I even got a NTP but not the Pro pin☹️
  • Weetbix likes this

#443 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

Played 4bbb handicap pennant last Sunday and we lost 5-4 but there were some promising signs in the game.
Wednesday was stableford on the captains course and after a reasonable start I had 18 points on the nine but went from walking to riding in a cart on the back nine and scrambled 12 points for grand total of 30 points.
Today was par on a composite course of both front nines and after 9 I was 2 down but did par the 9th to be 2 down and not 3 down.
The back nine was better and started with a birdie for a plus and wiped the 2nd but birdied the 3rd for another plus and halved the rest of the holes to finish 1 up on the nine and finished 1 down overall.
The driver was working well today and only 1 sliced drive for the day:) , the putter behaved it self today and overall there was not too much I was unhappy with and best of all my handicap has moved in the right direction and is 9.3 .

#444 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

Par today on the captains course off the white markers and it was a scramble at times and after 9 I was square with a couple of wins and couple of losses. The back nine was was either halved hole or wipe except for the 18th where I had a 4 for the + and ended up 4 down for the day.
Today’s game did not do anything to the handicap and still on 9.3.

#445 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:03 PM

Stableford on the captains course and was playing steady for a few holes until I wiped the 6th hole a par 5 but followed up with 2 pars and a bogey for 18 points .
The back nine started better with a birdie for 4 points but struggled over the next few holes but finished with 19 points for 37 points and handicap dropped to 8.8.
1 Jan 2017 my handicap was 9.6 and the lowest it got was 7.4 and I finished on 8.8 hopefully I can get lower this year.
  • Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#446 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:30 AM

4bbb stableford yesterday and tale of two nines, the front nine was a scramble with 3 wiped holes and 12 points to my name. The back nine was better with 1 wiped hole but 19 points to my name with 5 pars and a birdie in the mix. We finished with 38 points and no where near the leaders.
Next game is monthly medal on Sunday.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#447 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

Monthly medal on the the presidents course and started on the back nine and went par , birdie and the wheels fell off and finished with 47 off the stick. The driver was working well but not much else went right except for the putter that was running pretty warm.
The back nine was looking promising with 2 pars then a birdie but followed up with a double bogey and followed by another bogey then a par then a snowman ⛄️ (8) then a birdie and finished with a double bogey. I had 43 off the stick on the second nine but the putter was running pretty warm again, with a couple 5 to 6 metre putts finding the middle of the hole.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#448 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

Stableford on a composite course of both front nines and had 17 points on both nines, the driver was behaving it self and I felt confident with all clubs except the 58 degree wedge which I can hit off the toe with ease and watch it take off nearly sideways. Putting was not as hot today but overall I was happy with my day. A lesson is due to iron out the wedge problem or maybe it needs retiring and a new wedge is needed.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#449 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

Stableford on a composite course of both back nines and started on the captains 10th with an easy wipe after hooking my ball out of bounds and stuffed the hole after I hit a provisional and thought it could be a long day. I parred the next and followed it up with a birdie. The putter was running hot and I had 6 one putts and 2 two putts on the 8 holes I scored on with 2 birdies.
The back nine was was like another golfer decided to play and I wiped the first 3 holes and after losing a ball ( a vision pro soft) I couldn’t find the same form on the greens and after having 18 points on the front nine I limped home with 11 points for a grand total of 29 points.
Another 4bbb handicap pennant this Sunday at Corowa and then a few games coming up and hopefully the handicap will drop.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#450 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:05 PM

Par yesterday on the captains course and playing off 10 and after a decent warmup it turned to crap when I started to play and was 4 down after 5 and finished the nine 5 down. The back nine was a bit better and finished 2 down on the nine to finish 7 down on the day.
There were some good holes and lots of crap ones but a lesson is due to fix a couple things and see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users