#422 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:50 PM

Two man ambrose last Wednesday and after the greens were cored it was a lottery at times on the greens but we finished 2 over the card for nett 68 and won a ball. Played par yesterday on the presidents course and scrambled to finish 4 down with 2 down on both nines. There were some good signs but on a windy day it was try to play smart and limit the damage. The greens are looking better but in a month the greens should be back to normal and hopefully my handicap will start to head the right way.

#423 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

Stableford today on the captains course and off to a good start with 2 pars and made the nine look easy with 20 points and good feeling for the day until the 10th and it all started to unravel but I scrambled to get 14 points with two wipes but overall I was happy with how I was playing.
Total for the day was 34 points.

#424 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:40 PM

Monthly medal on the captains course and playing off 12 for the day. It was one of those days when I could not do too much wrong on the front nine and had 12 putts and one birdie and got my self out of trouble with bogies on a couple holes to finish 39 off the stick. The back nine was not as good and could not buy a single putt but finished with 42 off the stick for 81 nett 69.
Handicap has dropped to 9.8 and hopefully will drop a bit more.
  • Weetbix likes this

#425 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:30 PM

Par on a composite course of both back nines yesterday and after a good start I was 2 up after 9 and I went Par birdie bogey to be 4 up and then it all went to crap with 3 losses in a row and then a win and finished with two losses to finish the day square. The wipes were poor shot selection or just bad playing but my handicap dropped to 9.6 . I went for a tuneup/ lesson today and there was a couple things to fix but nothing major.

#426 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

Played stableford yesterday and today and finished with 31 points both days and played both courses but today was warmer and the wind was less but still finished with the same points. Today the highlight was hitting a 4 wood from just under 220 metres to the middle of the green and finished just on the green and had an eagle chance putt but walked off with a birdie. The 4 wood will be added to the bag soon.

#427 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

Played par on the presidents course on Saturday and stableford yesterday on the captains course and had 5 down on Saturday after being 1 down after nine. Sunday started off promising with a solid par and finished with 16 points with a wipe but went to poo on the back nine with 12 points and 3 wipes for 28 points.
Handicap has sat at 9.6 and hopefully will drop soon.

#428 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

Played Wednesday in 2 man aggregate stableford and had 21 points and too many wipes. Fast forward to Friday and stableford and managed to get 31 points with a couple wiped holes. Played 4 bbb mixed par on Saturday and we could only get -1 with too many holes wiped or halved. Played 4 bbb stableford today and started with a birdie and we had 21 points after nine and another 21 points on the back nine for 42 points and we missed a couple chances but we ended up running second to a 43 points.
A lesson this week might help things I hope.

#429 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:51 PM

Monthly medal on the captains course and playing off 11 for the day and started with a bogey and followed up with another bogey on the second and then walked off with a par and on the next hole a big birdie putt and scrambled a bit till the 8th and had a double bogey and finished the nine with a bogey for 41 off the stick. The back nine was was similar and no double bogies and had another 41 off the stick for 82 nett 71. A couple missed chances today could have seen me cracking 80 but overall I was not unhappy with the result. A lesson the other day hopefully will fix a couple things and see the handicap drop.
  • Weetbix likes this

#430 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:59 PM

Stableford today on the presidents course and started on the back nine and was playing ok and had 18 points for 8 holes then promptly wiped the 18th to finish with 18 points for the nine. It took a couple holes on the front nine to settle down but wiping the 2nd did not help but parred the 3rd and birdied the 4th hole then settled down to finish with 18 points for the nine for a total of 36 points and handicap dropped to 9.0.
  • OldBogey, Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#431 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:40 PM

4bbb par yesterday playing off 10 and when I got to the tee I found out it was 4bbb and as a pair we seemed to scramble on most of the holes. I drowned a ball on the 3rd hole but my partner got a par for the win. The back nine was a bit better and I managed to get 1 birdie for a plus on a hole where I did not get a shot. I finished with a par for a plus and overall we finished +1 for the day with too many wiped holes and the winners had +8 for the day.
The were some crappy shots played yesterday but probably due to trying to put the ball into next week but if I relaxed and and swung normally it all clicked and struck the ball well. Handicap did not move

#432 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:54 PM

Stableford Saturday and Sunday on the weekend gone and off the white markers on Saturday on the captains course and played the presidents course on Sunday. Saturday was a scramble at times and playing off 10 and managed to finish with 33 points with two wipes. Sunday my handicap was out to 11 playing the presidents course and started on the back nine and wiped one hole and three putted the first 3 holes and finished with 15 points on the nine. The front nine was better and had 19 points with one birdie thrown in and finished with 34 points. My handicap did move from 9.0 to 9.4 over the weekend but with 3 flags dropping off it was expected my handicap would move one way or the other.
  • Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#433 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:20 PM

Stableford today on the captains course and after getting off to a good start I had 20 points on the nine with a couple missed chances but overall I was happy with my game.
The back nine was crap due to a phone call about one of our dogs that was taken to the vets but after having 3 points on 4 holes I started to play better and finished with 16 points on the nine with a birdie finish.
I don't answer my phone when it rings and I have it on silent but there was a message to ring home at the pro shop at the turn and when I rang home the message was not good news about the dog but I lost focus for a few holes but it all clicked after a few holes and I finished with a birdie.
There was 8 pars and 1 birdie in the mix today so hopefully my game is headed the right way.
  • Francie likes this

#434 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33928 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:32 AM

Hope your dog is ok?

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

#435 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

Hope your dog is ok?

yeah got him back from the vet today, they think he has some sort of liver issue and he was operated on yesterday and will find out the pathology results in a week or so. So for now he is on boiled chicken and rice and on a gold plated plate:) .
  • Francie likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users