#391 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:40 PM

Stableford on the presidents course and scrambled the first 5 holes where I did not get a shot and got 1 birdie but just could not get any pars on the holes I had a shot on and finished with 17 points. The back nine was the same and scrambled around to get any points but hitting a ball OOB did not help but I hit a provisional ball and got a point on the hole where I did not get a shot. Two wiped holes did not help and finished with 13 points for a total of 30 points. A lesson is due in a week or so to tune up a bit.

#392 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:22 PM

4bbb Stableford today on the captains course and I was off 9 and my partner was off 14 (we played together in the Easter Tournament 4bbb Stableford and finished with 46points).We scrambled most of the day today and finished with 36 points and I had 3 birdies on holes where I did not get a shot but we seemed to scramble on holes where the wind was in our face, but when the wind was blowing 30 Kmh nearly all day it was going to be tough. Overall I was happy how I played and 3 birdies with one nearly going in for eagle made up for the average result.

#393 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:36 PM

Par today on the captains course and we started on 10 and I chopped it around for the 9 to be 4 down at the turn with only 1 win and 5 losses and 3 halved holes. The second nine was better and finished 1 up on the nine with 1 wiped hole and 2 birdies with 1 on a hole I did not get a shot and missed another on a par 3 where I did not get a shot. The first nine was nothing special but the second nine was better and I was 2 over the card for the nine. I did get another flag but one drops off the next game and the handicap could go anywhere.

#394 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

Par on the presidents course and playing off the white markers and did an admirable job of chopping it up. The greens have been cut and rolled in preparation for the PGA trainee championship next week and are back to being slick and quick and will take a couple games to get used to the speed again. I finished -7 and after a lesson yesterday I did not expect too much but a couple minor fixes will hopefully see the handicap will move the right way again.

#395 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

Catch up on the last 3 days, monthly medal on Sunday on captains course and finished with 86 nett 77 with some crap thrown in. Monday was day 1 of the Cobram Barooga Senior Open and on the west course started on 10 with a triple bogey and followed by a double bogey and used 1/2 my handicap on two holes so just went for the ride and finished with 89 nett 80. Tuesday ( today)on the Old Course started off ok but a couple bad holes snuck in and scrambled to finish with 85 nett 76 with a par on the last hole.
No golf Wednesday and final day Thursday of the tournament.
  • Francie likes this

#396 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:07 PM

Played yesterday in the last day of the Cobram Barooga Senior tournament and was set to go off at 0945 and got asked if I was ready at 0930 to tee off.I was asked to join another group 15 minutes early and that threw me out of my normal routine and my swing went back to the warmth of the club house and wait till the fog lifted.
Played crap again for nett 81.
My handicap has blown out to 9.2 but the swings and roundabouts of golf means my handicap will either go out or slide back to something more respectable.

#397 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

Played on Sunday in a team event and generally played crap with no handicap affected in any way. Played today on the captains course and seemed to scramble on lots of holes and on the front nine I had 1 birdie and a couple pars and 1 wipe to have 15 points. The back nine was better with par birdie par start but wiped the next hole and then went par bogey,bogey par and finished with a par for 20 points and 35 points for the day and handicap dropped from 9.2 to 8.7.

#398 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22015 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

Keep edging it down, Toch.

#399 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

Round 1 of club championship and generally played crap, too many 3 putts and just crap golf. On the presidents course and not much went my way and the icing on the cake was hitting a tree off the tee on the 15th and the ball was 10 foot up the tree stuck in a fork of the tree. I finished with 94 nett 84 and need to have a par round tomorrow to have a chance of getting into the match play semi finals next weekend.

#400 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32264 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:20 PM

Bad luck, Toc'. I had a similar round last week. Hopefully today was better.

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

#401 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

I'm glad there is only 2 qualifying rounds for club championship, today was worse 99 nett 89 . One positive hole was a chip in birdie.
  • Francie likes this

#402 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:50 PM

Wednesday played par on the presidents course and chopped it up for -6 .
Played stableford today on the captains course and played a bit better than Wednesday and finished with 33 points. There was a birdie thrown in on a par 3 and possible NTP but will check later in the results. There was a couple of things that instilled some confidence in what I thought needed to be looked at after a comment made the other day and hopefully the changes will see my handicap head the right way again.

#403 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:07 PM

Monthly medal on the captains course and the last hole of the day summed up my day, I 4 putted the last with 3 lip outs and last one did a complete loop of the hole and I couldn't do anything but laugh and I putted that to finish with a moose on the hole. I lost count of lipped out putts but I was hitting the ball ok off the green but could not buy a putt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users