356 replies to this topic

#331 Lukos87

Lukos87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:25 PM

Thanks, were do you see these vouchers as I wouldn't mind another game there ....the only time live played it was in a hurricane and the greens were like concrete .....not the easiest course first time round

Bumped up $10 since last but
http://www.greatroun...ringMeadows4118
http://www.greatroun...19?state_id=VIC

#332 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 02:35 PM

The only issue with those offers is they're not valid for weekends or public holidays. The member introduced rate on weekends & public holidays is $48 IIRC

#333 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31829 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:33 PM

I've got a game listed at Yearing on Monday 11th July.   I'm currently weighing up whether it will be worth the drive??...in the car. 

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

#334 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35103 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

I've got a game listed at Yearing on Monday 11th July.   I'm currently weighing up whether it will be worth the drive??...in the car. 

I'd say give it a miss, Frank.

• Francie likes this

Winner "Moonah Legends" 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner "The National" 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM "The Sands" 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole "Kooindah Waters" 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round "The Glades" 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#335 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3210 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

Maybe give the boat a try ...

• Francie likes this

#336 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:30 PM

More upheaval at the club today with the news that all pro shop staff have resigned effective immediately.

This comes only weeks after the club made the decision to contract out its course maintenance to a third party. 

Condition of the course, IMO, has slipped markedly this year and I fear for whats to come.  The third nine has been closed since May and the Nursery 18 has been an absolute mud heap all winter.  With the wear on the Nursery course, IMO it'll be Christmas before the course is in decent condition.

Very sad to see the club where it is today.

#337 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9943 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:53 PM

More upheaval at the club today with the news that all pro shop staff have resigned effective immediately.

This comes only weeks after the club made the decision to contract out its course maintenance to a third party. 

Condition of the course, IMO, has slipped markedly this year and I fear for whats to come.  The third nine has been closed since May and the Nursery 18 has been an absolute mud heap all winter.  With the wear on the Nursery course, IMO it'll be Christmas before the course is in decent condition.

Very sad to see the club where it is today.

That really is no good

#338 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3022 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:57 PM

Nothing wrong with contracting out maintennance.

Works pretty well for Growling Frog, Gardiners and Heritage.

Have the staff resigned because the club wants to take back the running of the pro shop?

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 153 mtrs,  27/12/12

#339 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:11 PM

I believe the resignations were triggered by the inability of the club and the current operator to come to an agreement of stock values in order to bring the Pro Shop back to being an in house operation.  A couple of months back when the club announced it wouldn't renew the contract of the pro shop operators, the club made an offer to employ them as staff but obviously these latest negotiations didn't go too well.  

There's a lot of stuff going on within the club TB and to be quite truthful, it's a shambles right now.

#340 Littleman

Littleman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1255 posts
  • LocationCarving out the turns on the white stuff somewhere....

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:45 AM

Sounds like a great investment for a few million dollars to me.....

Guess the place may look deserted in October?

2015 BHIC Runner Up

2015 ISG match play champion

2015 B Grade Winner OOM#4 Heritage St Johns

2015 social golf pennant team winners (including undefeated in all matches)

2015 Overall Winner OOM #2 Settlers Run

http://www.golflink....10903029&skip=1

#341 happytoshoot90

happytoshoot90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:37 PM

Played it today. Condition was horrendous. A social game but we like to play properly, after a few holes we decided to tee it up in the fairways, which were more mud than grass. First time we have ever done that anywhere. Lots of places you can't even see grass, just mud. Very sad, have always liked the place - practise facilities, layout and views are all great. Sadly, don't think I'll be back, at least not until someone verifies the place is playable.

The only good thing I can say, is they had Guinness on tap.

#342 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:14 PM

Played today for the first time since mud July (not a typo). Whilst the mud has mostly gone, the condition of the course is horrendous. The rough is 4-5" long & thick. The rough is between 5-10m wide before you hit the "second cut" which is knee high. Our group lost a collective 18 balls today. Only 5 of them were water balls, the rest were lost in the rough. On a course as windswept as this one, it's far too penal. I won't be going back & I doubt many of the remaining members will. The group of three trailing us today lost a collective 17 balls. When 7 golfers lose a collective 35 balls in a round, that's not just 7 golfers having a sh1t round. I don't know why this change in philosophy on the Maintenance of the course, the contractors have only taken over a month or so ago but who wants to play a round where you lose an average 5 pills a round? IMO course will be gone in two years.
  • RobNewy likes this

#343 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3022 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:27 PM

Budget constraints I would guess

When working on a limited budget the rough is the first thing they let go

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 153 mtrs,  27/12/12

#344 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4222 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:57 PM

Played today for the first time since mud July (not a typo). Whilst the mud has mostly gone, the condition of the course is horrendous. The rough is 4-5" long & thick. The rough is between 5-10m wide before you hit the "second cut" which is knee high. Our group lost a collective 18 balls today. Only 5 of them were water balls, the rest were lost in the rough. On a course as windswept as this one, it's far too penal. I won't be going back & I doubt many of the remaining members will. The group of three trailing us today lost a collective 17 balls. When 7 golfers lose a collective 35 balls in a round, that's not just 7 golfers having a sh1t round. I don't know why this change in philosophy on the Maintenance of the course, the contractors have only taken over a month or so ago but who wants to play a round where you lose an average 5 pills a round? IMO course will be gone in two years.

Don't know why clubs persist with this kinda setup, just promotes negative sentiment about the club and discourages guests from returning. Nothing to be gAined other than some more spare time for the super intendants team
  • madness likes this

#345 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3210 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:18 PM

Don't know why clubs persist with this kinda setup, just promotes negative sentiment about the club and discourages guests from returning. Nothing to be gAined other than some more spare time for the super intendants team

I can't imagine that this occurred for any reason other than the club can't afford enough labour to fully maintain the course.

• kevin123 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users