356 replies to this topic

#316 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:27 PM

Wouldn't close the door on it. Its a good club with a very nice course & facilities plus some very reasonable subs.

#317 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:22 PM

Joined up this week.  Going to the new member induction next week.  Should be fun.

• RobNewy likes this

#318 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9943 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:49 PM

Joined up this week.  Going to the new member induction next week.  Should be fun.

Let me know when you are settled. Haven't played it for ages

#319 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3022 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:04 AM

Congrats mate, I think it's a highly under rated course.
Great facilities too.

When I lived out there I looked at joining a few times but each time I went down there the conditioning was below average.

If they ever get the conditioning up to scratch it's a ripping track
  • marcush39 likes this

Hole In One Eastwood 17th 153 mtrs,  27/12/12

#320 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35103 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 13 February 2016 - 08:48 AM

I agree ...facilities are great, it's a good track too. Personally, I reckon it's a bit tough and has sneaky water all over the place. I reckon the existing membership probably felt the same way, hence why many haven't renewed.

But at the price they're offering, it's a great deal.

Winner "Moonah Legends" 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner "The National" 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM "The Sands" 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole "Kooindah Waters" 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round "The Glades" 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#321 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:31 PM

I'm really excited about playing my golf there from next month. The facilities are first class & the course is a good challenge. Goldy is certainly correct with the assessment of the course's difficulty in the early days, it was ridiculously tough with knee high rough & hidden water traps but that long rough is now gone and some of the fairway bunkers have been filled in & replaced with wooly mounds. The fairways seem more generous & there's now a couple of cuts around the water hazards so if your ball heads in that direction, it does have a chance to pull up in the second cut. I think the club have finally realised that having a course so difficult to play will cost it members as they'll lose enjoyment of the game. Who enjoys scoring 22pts & losing 10 pills every time they play?

Anyone keen on a hit with me at Yering is most welcome, give me a few weeks to suss things out a bit first though. Cheers.
  • Madambo, Weetbix, RobNewy and 1 other like this

#322 75@Dorset

75@Dorset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:13 PM

What are the course conditions like at the moment.

Last I played there (early April) it was still nice and firm and the hazards were very low, so plenty of room for runoff....now that it is really winter and we had so much rain, it might start getting a little heavy. Playing there again Sunday.

#323 Longhitter_1984

Longhitter_1984

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10702 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:47 PM

I'm really excited about playing my golf there from next month. The facilities are first class & the course is a good challenge. Goldy is certainly correct with the assessment of the course's difficulty in the early days, it was ridiculously tough with knee high rough & hidden water traps but that long rough is now gone and some of the fairway bunkers have been filled in & replaced with wooly mounds. The fairways seem more generous & there's now a couple of cuts around the water hazards so if your ball heads in that direction, it does have a chance to pull up in the second cut. I think the club have finally realised that having a course so difficult to play will cost it members as they'll lose enjoyment of the game. Who enjoys scoring 22pts & losing 10 pills every time they play?

Anyone keen on a hit with me at Yering is most welcome, give me a few weeks to suss things out a bit first though. Cheers.

I would be keen to check it out.☺
http://www.golflink....k_No=5012901532

2014 C Grade Winner OOM 2 Growling Frog

47 pts 55/40 off 35 at Kooringal Golf Club after shooting 107 first time I played it.

2014 Eagle on 15th par 4 at Rosebud Country Club on North/East.

2015 Eagle 17th hole at Trentham Golf Course.

2015 C Grade Winner 00M 2 Settlers Run

2015 Race to 18 Winner

2015 BHIC shortest Drive winner 61m

2015 Overall C Grade Runner up

Coached by the Supercoach as of Dec 2014.

Roy McAvoy: Such a pure feeling is the well struck golf shot.

#324 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:45 PM

18 of the 27 holes closed this weekend.  Holes 19-27 have been closed for a few weeks but the front nine is closed this weekend too.  Having played there last weekend, six of the front nine were very wet whilst holes 10-18 had held up quite well bar for a patch in the middle of the 18th.  Its been a very wet winter so far, could be lean times on the course the next month or so.  Having a weekend off this weekend, could be a few other enforced layoffs.

P.S.  You're welcome anytime LH, prob best to wait a few months though :)

• Longhitter_1984 likes this

#325 Littleman

Littleman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1255 posts
  • LocationCarving out the turns on the white stuff somewhere....

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:46 PM

How does that work? The members left must be fuming

2015 BHIC Runner Up

2015 ISG match play champion

2015 B Grade Winner OOM#4 Heritage St Johns

2015 social golf pennant team winners (including undefeated in all matches)

2015 Overall Winner OOM #2 Settlers Run

http://www.golflink....10903029&skip=1

#326 Roy McAvoy

Roy McAvoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:27 PM

Not much you can do about if it's unplayable. Most reasonable golfers would have to understand that.
  • kevin123 likes this

#327 chokea

chokea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:53 AM

How much are green fees these days?

#328 Lukos87

Lukos87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:59 AM

How much are green fees these days?

If your smart about it you can get 2 for $40 walking and 2 for $60 in a cart.
Those vouchers pop up all the time, still not enough to lure me back in.

#329 chokea

chokea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:59 AM

If your smart about it you can get 2 for $40 walking and 2 for $60 in a cart.
Those vouchers pop up all the time, still not enough to lure me back in.

Thanks, were do you see these vouchers as I wouldn't mind another game there ....the only time live played it was in a hurricane and the greens were like concrete .....not the easiest course first time round

#330 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:02 PM

It's caused a little angst among a few but most have just accepted it as Roy alluded to, I mean, what can be done?  

I've just decided to have a break this weekend, get some stuff around the house done etc. I'm off to Tocumwal next weekend to have a hit with the old man and we'll get in a round at Cobram on Saturday then at Tocumwal on Sunday.  I would've gone for a hit this arvo with another forum member who was generous enough to change his own plans to allow me to play had I been available. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users