#196 pants

pants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

Well it's been a while since I've played any golf due to moving into our new house and my daughter's birthday party and general family time. Had a hit today at Wantima and started poorly. 3 topped tee shots in a row. My tee shots were ordinary until the 13th.

All in all it was a good round despite my tee struggles

6 pars
1 birdie
29 putts (first time under 30)
And I hit my wedges well.

So had 15 on front nine and 18 on the back with 4 wipes all up.

Even had my hc drop now to 11.9. So plenty of room for improvement but happy to be out playing.

#197 pants

pants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

So new year new goals.

1st goal - break 80 on par 72 or equivalent
2nd goal - get to single figures

I have already started to put things in place for both. I have had a lesson and fitting for wedges to really work on getting closer from 100m in and save shots around the green. This is where I will gain the most. Putting is going strong and will continue to work on the drills that have been working.

So for the next few rounds I'm not expecting anything big just want to continue to get back into it and work out he feel if the new wedges due this week or next. Oh I got Mizuno s5 in chrome with standard shafts with dual compound grips. Bent 2 degrees. I ended with a 60.06 and a 55.09. Really happy with how my bag is now setup.
  • Weetbix likes this

#198 pants

pants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:41 AM

Played Bribie Island yesterday, and the course was in great condition. The fairways were great and the greens pretty true. 

I really struggled with tempo in the first 3 holes and as a result, had 1 point after 3. Had a nice run of 4 pars after that, but again, spoilt any chance with another wipe. I really struggled mentally and after deciding that I wasn't going to improve my handicap, I started to try a few things I normally wouldnt try, with some varied success. 

The good:

I started to hit my driver well, and move the ball both ways when I tried. Not a great deal of control, but they went where abouts I wanted and how I wanted. 

Sand shots - I played out of the bunkers really well and the new wedges are great to hit with

Par threes - I played my mid irons really well into the par threes and was 1 over for the four of them

The bad:

Tees shots - tempo  for the first 3 holes. I attribute this to not warming up properly and being too aggressive in my swing and thoughts. 

Putting - I read the break all wrong, and struggled for touch on the greens. I under hit a lot of my putts. 

Overall I had 26 points with 5 wipes. 

I think this was a great learning curve of a round, as I struggle to break through this plateau I have hit with my handicap and game. Im looking forward to Redcliffe on Sunday now and will try and learn from yesterdays round

#199 pants

pants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:39 AM

So played Redcliffe on the weekend. Finished with 28 points. 13 on front 15 on the back. What let me down was my chipping and pitching. This cost me so much. 

I hit 9 of 14 fairways with only 2 big misses that left me without a shot at the green, and the other 3 were just on the fringe. I drove the ball really well, and shaped it both ways for the first time. My irons were clean, just slightly ill directed, but contact was clean. I hit 3 greens in reg in total. That was more a result of alignment than issues with my swing and contact. 

Pitching and chipping was either fat or really thin. This was with my new wedges, and when i did get clean contact I really didn't know the distances to know how to fully swing. This compounded each time I hit it poorly. 

So plenty of chipping and pitching practice ahead of playing at The Brisbane Golf Club on the 12th. The swing is in a good place on full swings and control is there. 

• Weetbix likes this

#200 Sandy

Sandy

El Presidente - now PG Rated!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4800 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:33 PM

Any updates???

South East Queensland Golf Group

El Presidente

Now a 4 Time SEQGG Winner

#201 pants

pants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:48 PM

wow - it has been a while since being on here to be fair. Like so many others, life got in the road and things that I wasn't as committed to at that point were left to slip - like the forum posts. 

Golf hasn't however, but to be completely honest. My golf game is nowhere near where I'd like it to be and that's probably in part due to a few things. Work schedule, house/give up renos have really been going crazy over the last year and a bit. 

So cheers for the reminder of this, will get back into this now and who knows, after Pacific on Sunday might be able to provide an update to where Im at. 

Edited by pants, 30 October 2018 - 09:48 PM.

• CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

#202 pants

pants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:08 PM

Well - played Pacific on Sunday and got off to a really poor start. Off 16 for the day which is my highest for a bit now, and had 12 points first nine (played the back nine first) and 18 on the back. 

I was hitting the ball thin a lot on the first 9 and slowed down thought about it and managed to start hitting the ball much better on the second 9. Granted it wasn't a great round, I was pretty happy to find a way to get an ok score and self-correct during the

round. 

I did struggle on the greens with way too many putts. Reading the breaks ok, but not judging speed to well. 

So now I have a bit of a break from Golf for a few weeks due to general life events, so plenty of time to work on my putting and keep improving my chipping/pitching. 

• CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users