Photo

Mindless post count gathering wrecking ISG???

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 FrontBunker

FrontBunker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

I’ll probably get shot down and chewed out by all the people who wear a high thread count as a badge of honour (for some reason) but I’m absolutely over the amount of completely mindless cr@p and worthless one word or simple requote kind of posts that some people insist on polluting the site with, designed wholly and solely to beef up ones post count. Two examples of what I’m talking about here, or this one which started off being at least a healthy discussion before just being over run with about 16  pages of absolute tripe.

Any valuable/interesting content that turns up on the site is usually pretty much swallowed up by these sort of posts.

I hate wading through pages and pages of totally worthless rubbish on at (the very) least 50% of all threads, to the point where I don’t even bother looking at most threads any more. Basically I’m pretty rapidly being turned off the site (I know this won’t bother anyone).

I find it hilarious that a lot of the regulars ark up whenever they sniff a ‘troll’, for fear the site might become over run with something of minimal value (or whatever the reason people fear ‘trolls’) but they’re happy to just clog the site up with this kind of mindless 5h!t.

Anyway, just my feedback. I eagerly await the imminent backlash.

• K K Kenny, ftg_lefty, BarnEsy05 and 17 others like this

#2 golden warrior

golden warrior

Goat coniseu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7212 posts
  • Locationoutta here

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:31 AM

(ran out of regular likes)

Edited by Codboy, 13 December 2013 - 09:32 AM.

• BarnEsy05, Sandy and Francie like this
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

#3 drgazgiz

drgazgiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3288 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

I agree. If the moderators were doing their job it would be cleaned up.
  • Madambo likes this

#4 ink

ink

Power in (p)ink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32434 posts
  • Location#keepfighting

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

I'm sure that most will be for your suggestion...

Not me though..

#5 Gold_Coast_Golfer

Gold_Coast_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1559 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

its not really the moderators fault, its like the roads it is not the polices fault that  it has a % of muppets on It.

People must stop in and see what is written and just shake their head in disbelief never to return there are only a few serial offenders, just by pass that whole topic.

• Sandy likes this

If my posts offend you, well you've taken it the wrong way, the internet can be like that.
Just blame it on my ADD

I'd be off +5 if I hit 8 irons all day

http://www.golflink....k_no=4071122303

#6 ink

ink

Power in (p)ink

• Members
  • 32434 posts
  • Location#keepfighting

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.

#7 The Pres

The Pres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17552 posts
  • Location.

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

There is an ignore button.

#8 Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2939 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

I

#9 Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2939 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

am

#10 Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2939 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

also

#11 Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2939 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

in

#12 Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2939 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

agreeance. 

#13 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27051 posts
  • LocationHere in paradise

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

There are some topics that will automatically attract a certain type of post, after being on ISG for several years it's easy to pick them and avoid them after a quick perusal. Stay out of the lounge as that is where most of the crap is posted.

Usually I find a topic will go off for 2 or 3 pages then go back to discussing the OP. Most of us regulars on ISG are guilty of dribbling, but it's all in good fun. If you want to see a really crap site try Oz Golf then come back and play with the big boys.

10,000 posts is usually the target, not far off myself so will probably dribble a bit more to up my count. Stay cool and enjoy life :)

Edited by Tolmijicator, 13 December 2013 - 10:43 AM.

Intended to break 90 this year, not going well.

Concentrating just getting round the course

#14 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

I’ll probably get shot down and chewed out by all the people who wear a high thread count as a badge of honour (for some reason) but I’m absolutely over the amount of completely mindless cr@p and worthless one word or simple requote kind of posts that some people insist on polluting the site with, designed wholly and solely to beef up ones post count. Two examples of what I’m talking about here, or this one which started off being at least a healthy discussion before just being over run with about 16  pages of absolute tripe.

Any valuable/interesting content that turns up on the site is usually pretty much swallowed up by these sort of posts.

I hate wading through pages and pages of totally worthless rubbish on at (the very) least 50% of all threads, to the point where I don’t even bother looking at most threads any more. Basically I’m pretty rapidly being turned off the site (I know this won’t bother anyone).

I find it hilarious that a lot of the regulars ark up whenever they sniff a ‘troll’, for fear the site might become over run with something of minimal value (or whatever the reason people fear ‘trolls’) but they’re happy to just clog the site up with this kind of mindless 5h!t.

Anyway, just my feedback. I eagerly await the imminent backlash.

I'm happy to go on record with you FB. I personally don't mind people who wish to dribble and post count and bump the totals up if that's their thing. Most of the time people have kept it to their respective threads... but it does tick me off when a really valid, or entertaining discussion is being had and it is threadjacked by repeat quoting and one word posts.

I believe it does cheapen the site and detract from it's overall quality and feel.

Edited by Smergen, 13 December 2013 - 11:00 AM.

• ftg_lefty, OldBogey, Sandy and 4 others like this

Castlemaine Non-Handicap Winner - Net 73

2013 OOM4 A Grade Winner - Heritage St Johns - 33pts

2016 TSC Winner - Eynesbury - 34pts

Taking midtable mediocrity to the top of the podium...

Smoldy. - Baconwide Tour Creators and Ambassadors

VTTP #008

http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204213

#15 ink

ink

Power in (p)ink

• Members
  • 32434 posts
  • Location#keepfighting

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

I'm offended by the use of the term mindless...don't see me making a big Stink of it.

• The Pres likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users